It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New star in the sky? 10th planet? wtf?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
reply to post by Xtrozero

I just don't understand why it's soo hard to believe it's Venus. Some see Niburu/10th planet behind everything even when people give them solid evidence to the contrary.

I do believe we have a binary star. It makes sense since binary star systems are the most prevelent in the known Universe.

However, this is not the case. The end of spring beginning of summer has always been the best time to view Venus out here.

I guess you could call it faith since reality is ignored. The reality is that we are so close to 2012 that a large planet coming this way would be easily seen by 10,000s of amateur astronomers. A brown dwarf star actually still gives off light/radiation and is very large still, so it would even be seen further away than a planet. Jupiter has been hidden by the sun the last four months and is now coming into view for us, and those who say the planet is hidden by the sun can only suggest this for a few months at best since we orbit the sun and so it would be out of the sun’s way.

So with these facts a person who still believes as we close in on 2012 they need to rely on faith that it will happen in some magical way, because that is all that is left to explain it.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
I hope people keep watching it, so they can see how later in the year Venus will become a morning star, and show itself in the East....then keep watching and observing....it will become a night star again like we see now, and show back in the west. Venus's path is awesome to watch and very easy to observe.

The next thing you know, people will be placing objects where they can see the horizon to mark the planet's passage. After a while, they'll start lording it all over us because they can predict the rising and setting, when the rest of us are just scratching our heads and rushing to a message board to talk about the big bright star. Then there'll be all kinds of special days we have to observe and strange rituals to perform.

No good will come of this.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I have seen this bright star also in the western sky. i live in N.C. Seems I see it between 8:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. If I look again around 12 midnight I no longer see it. Tonight I am going to check it every 15 mins just to see where it does go to. The one I see seems to be blinking from white to red.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Yep it's still there tonight at 10pm. A little higher on the horizon than last week. I wish I had a telescope. Little binoculars don't do Venus justice.

Stellarium it's free everyone and pretty self explanatory. A do believe we are a binary system as I've stated before it's just that lately everything is Niburu.

According to all the research if Niburu is real and it's reported positions are somewhat accurate then we in the Northern Hemisphere won't be able to see it until sometime after the summer. So if you spot a bright star in the sky and you live in the Northern Hemisphere chances are it's a body we already know about.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

Venus :/

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I'm in California. About an hour ago, (9:30-ish), I called my husband outside to take a look something extremely bright in the sky to the northwest. As someone else commented earlier on this thread, at first I thought it was a commercial airliner, but after a while, it was apparent the thing was stationary in the sky.

This was the brightest thing resembling a planet or star that I've ever seen. I was a little freaked out because of it's size and brightness (many illuminating colors, but not really looking like flashing lights). After watching it for a while. we went inside. A few minutes ago I went outside to see if my camera would capture a decent picture, but it's GONE!

By coincidence, I logged on to ATS and came across this thread.

If this is the same thing you have been discussing on this thread, how can it just disappear if it's dark outside? I hope someone can shed some light on this. Do you think it's the same thing or something else?

[edit on 12-5-2010 by NightGypsy]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

If this is the same thing you have been discussing on this thread, how can it just disappear if it's dark outside? I hope someone can shed some light on this. Do you think it's the same thing or something else?

[edit on 12-5-2010 by NightGypsy]

Venus is extremely bright right now and as the sun is setting it is seen low in the sky, and a couple of hours later it continues to move down pass the horizon...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Well I plugged Los Angeles into my location in Stellarium and Venus set below the NW horizon aroung 2126(9:26pm) local time so it's possible you caught it just before it set. And Venus is incredibly bright right now especially on the West Coast. In Vancouver we have it higher on the horizon because we're further North so after sunset we can see it for about 1 1/2 hours.

Very cool. Jupiter will start to poke it's head out from behind the sun too so will have to keep an eye out for that next month.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by DEEZNUTZ]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
I hope people keep watching it, so they can see how later in the year Venus will become a morning star, and show itself in the East....then keep watching and observing....it will become a night star again like we see now, and show back in the west. Venus's path is awesome to watch and very easy to observe.

The next thing you know, people will be placing objects where they can see the horizon to mark the planet's passage. After a while, they'll start lording it all over us because they can predict the rising and setting, when the rest of us are just scratching our heads and rushing to a message board to talk about the big bright star. Then there'll be all kinds of special days we have to observe and strange rituals to perform.

No good will come of this.

Hmm...Do What??

People have been tracking Venus for decades...centuries....thousands of years. ALot of good can come from it....its called 'Ed-U-Ca-Tion'

What a age we live in....

[edit on 12-5-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Good attitude Caji....observe it for yourself.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy...how can it just disappear if it's dark outside? I hope someone can shed some light on this....

Because as the Earth rotates under the sky, the stars (and planets) in the sky appear to move westward. Therefore, for the same reason the Sun rises and sets, all of the stars rise near the east and set near the west.

Venus is relatively high above the Western horizon at sundown and early evening, then in sets in the west at around 10:00 or 10:30......At least that's the time Venus sets right now. That time will change as the year goes on.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Whats great about Venus guys...if you really want to observe it for its might...you can see her before dark while the sky is still blue!

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Hahahaha...it's the International Space Station. It's in orbit over us right now and there's enough metal and glass to reflect a large amount of light. It's not any planets or lizard gods

edit on 6-11-2010 by bizzob07 because: bakeddd
-----~

edit on 6-11-2010 by bizzob07 because: XO ~***~**~***

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bizzob07

Well considering this thread started a few months ago....I dont think we can use the satellites positions of 'today' as the reason.

But any who....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
So, uh, over a year later... is it still Venus?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sclerogrrl
So, uh, over a year later... is it still Venus?

I don't know.

In which part of the sky are you seeing an object, at what time of day/night are you seeing it, and what is your general location? Your latitude will do if you don't want to give your location.

In one year's time, planets move quite a bit relative to the backdrop of the stars. It will be in a different place in the sky today, November 2011, than it was in November of 2010 (the date of the post before yours), which would be in a different place compared to May of 2010 (the date of the OP), even if you looked at the same time of the night on each of those dates.

edit on 11/18/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

WAKE UP EARTHLINGS !!!!

....NO ONE WANTS TO THINK THE UNTHINKABLE !!!!WHAT IF PLANET X IS REAL !!!! I'LL TELL YOU THIS MUCH, THERE US SOMETHING NEW UP IN THE NIGHT SKY, AND NO IT A.I.N.T. VENUS !!! I WORK IN MACON GA AND HAVE BEEN FOLLING THIS THING SINCE EARILY SPRING. JUST A FEW WEEKS AGO I WAS KNOCKED FOR A LOOP. THERE IS ANOTHER ONE IN THE SKY BRIGHTER THAN THE FIRST ONE !!! IT IS LOW ON THE HORIZON TO THE SOUTH WEST JUST AFTER SUNSET. AM I THE ONLY ONE SEEING THIS ??? SOMETHING B.I.G. IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN 2012. OUR GOVERMENT IS NOT SAYING A WORD !!!. LOOK AROUND THINGS ARE NOT NORMAL !!! BIRDS ARE FLYING INTO BLDS, HONEY BEE'S ARE DIEING BY THE BILLIONS, THERE IS MORE CONFLICT THAN EVER BEFORE. WE ARE HAVING EARTH QUAKES IN GA, FEMA JUST BROUGH 1-MILLION BLANKETS !!! THEY ARE SHIPPING READY MADE TRAILERS FROM GA TO NORTH DAKOTA BY THE HUNDREDTH !!! SOME SAY OBAMA SHUT DOWN THE SPACE SHUTTLE...WRONG NASA DID, AS IF THEY ARE GETTING READY FOR SOMETHING. ASK YOUR SELF THIS, WHY WOULD NASA LAY OFF 10,000 WORKERS AND GET RID OF ITS CASH COW ???.... NOOO IT WAS NOT OUT DATED THATS WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK. IF THOSE LIGHTS IN THE SKY WERE THE REMAINS OF A SUPER NOVA JUST NOW REACHING EARTH. THE MEDIA WOULD BE ALL OVER IT. BUT NO ONE IS SAYING A WORD !!! PLEASE TAKE MY ADVISE START STOCKING UP ON WATER BY THE PLASTIC GALLON JUGS. BUY CAN GOODS, MEAT, VEGS, PEANUT BUTTER. ANYTHING YOU CAN STORE !!! AND MOST INPORTANT GET YOUR SELVES GUNS !!! LOTS OF GUNS AND AMMO !!!..WHY ??? WE DON'T KNOW WHATS COMING AND I HATE TO SAY THIS FROM YOUR NEIGHBOR, HUNGER AND THIRST ARE GOING TO DRIVE PEOPLE MAD !!! ALOT OF YOU MIGHT THINK I'M CRAZY, IHOPE YOURE RIGHT. I HAVE THIS GUT FEELING SOMETHING.....I AM NOT A MIND READER OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT...BUT MY GUT FEELING HAVE NEVER BEEN WRONG... I HOPE TO GOD THAT THIS TIME IT IS....YOU NEED AND WANT PROOF...ITS IS UP IN THE SKY AT NIGHT. THE MYANS INDIANS SAY 2012 IS NOT GOING TO BE THE END OF THE WORLD.....BUT THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT....WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ???? YOU TELL ME. YOU DONT HAVE TO BELIEVE ME. JUST PAY CLOSE ATTENION TO YOUR SURROUNDINGS. WATCH THE NEWS...THE LITTLE THINGS ...NO ONE WANTS TO SAY ANYTHING, BECAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO BE CALLED A QUACK. ... I AM SCARED , VERY. THERE ARE 7-BILLION PEOPLE ON PLANET EARTH. A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO KILL THEMSELVES. WHY ? THEY ARE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO HANDLE WHAT IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN.... GOT OUT SIDE TO NITE, LOOK IN THE SKY AND SEE THE PROOF !!! START MAKING SOME NOISE !!! 7-BILLION VOICES CAN MAKE ONE HELL OF A LOUD NOISE !!! AM I CRAZY ???? I HOPE SO.... BUT IF I AM RIGHT.....MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON US ALL....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by daylow1923

If it's posted in all capitals with an abundance of exclamation points, it must be true.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by daylow1923
THERE US SOMETHING NEW UP IN THE NIGHT SKY, AND NO IT A.I.N.T. VENUS !!!

No. It's Jupiter

I WORK IN MACON GA AND HAVE BEEN FOLLING THIS THING SINCE EARILY SPRING. JUST A FEW WEEKS AGO I WAS KNOCKED FOR A LOOP. THERE IS ANOTHER ONE IN THE SKY BRIGHTER THAN THE FIRST ONE !!! IT IS LOW ON THE HORIZON TO THE SOUTH WEST JUST AFTER SUNSET.

That one is Venus

I do wonder what they teach people these days, I really do .....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
All Caps..so it must be true....

By the way...yesterday i saw venus again around late afternoon and it was really bright.
edit on 14-12-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join