It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else eating a lot less?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'm really curious if any of you guys are going through this too...

The past month or so, i really have not been eating. Not because i don't want to or am too busy, just because i forget and am not hungry. The weird thing is that i feel great, even a bit better without eating, so it's hard for me to remember if i ate ore not. Many times i eat lunch just out of temptation (see something good), and realize i haven't eaten anything for breakfast. I feel lighter and happier, eating foods (especially meats) many times just makes me feel heavier and more animalistic.

I have heard of Tibetan Monks doing this and getting their energy elsewhere, so it's not like it's impossible, but are any of you guys going through this too?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I have been having the same thing happen to me.

It's lasted a good 6 months or so though....sometimes i'll eat lunch at 2pm, then not eat dinner that night or breakfast the next morning. Very strange because I won't feel hungry until I start eating again.

I still have the same, or possibly more physical exertion that I've had before this started happening.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
well I just returned from a Chinese buffet where I consumed : Three teriki chicken on a sticks , a large helping of sweet and sour chicken , Brown rice , pepper chicken , asparagus spears , walnut butter shrimp , one egg roll , strawberries , 3 pieces of raspberry cheese cake , and a fortune cookie . LOL I an not proud of this )

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

First there would be a few questions before making a call on this.

I personally can change eating habits from day to day but rarely eat breakfast.

Do you smoke, or have you stopped smoking?

Do you take drugs (including prescriptions and alcohol), or stopped taking drugs (including prescription or alcohol)?

Have you started exercising more, or stopped exercising as much or completely?

Has there been any recent stress in your life?

Did you gain weight before the slow down in food intake, or have you since even though you eat less?

Are you in the northern or southern hemisphere?

Did you lose weight before the slow down, or have you since?

I don't know your age, this could also be a factor especially if you are around 17-21.

Answer these questions honestly.

It could be all of these factors, some or none. You say you feel great so this is something to remember. I sometimes eat like this, it just means to me you are putting the right amount in your body.

Would like to hear back.

Cheers,
Pablo

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by careface
I have been having the same thing happen to me.

It's lasted a good 6 months or so though....sometimes i'll eat lunch at 2pm, then not eat dinner that night or breakfast the next morning. Very strange because I won't feel hungry until I start eating again.

I still have the same, or possibly more physical exertion that I've had before this started happening.

Yeah, i'll eat lunch around 2 also and then not eat anything else. And like you, i don't feel hungry unless i walk into a room where something is cooking. I have been drinking a lot of milk though...

Originally posted by bluemooone2
well I just returned from a Chinese buffet where I consumed : Three teriki chicken on a sticks , a large helping of sweet and sour chicken , Brown rice , pepper chicken , asparagus spears , walnut butter shrimp , one egg roll , strawberries , 3 pieces of raspberry cheese cake , and a fortune cookie . LOL I an not proud of this )

haha sounds like you are having the opposite going on.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
hmm.. my food intake has reduced quite a lot the past couple months.. I dont feel hungry most of the time and I am satisfied with little food..

but I doubt this has anything to do with energy and the coming galaxy changes .. probably just randomness

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pablos

Do you smoke, or have you stopped smoking?

Never smoked a day in my life

Do you take drugs (including prescriptions and alcohol), or stopped taking drugs (including prescription or alcohol)?

Don't do any drugs. Stopped taking prescription drugs 2 months ago, and it's pretty much totally out of my system.

Have you started exercising more, or stopped exercising as much or completely?

Done both, sometimes i excercize, sometimes i don't do squat. Really don't eat.

Has there been any recent stress in your life?

Lack of it, actually.

Did you gain weight before the slow down in food intake, or have you since even though you eat less?

Nope, been hovering around 115-125 since i was 14.

Are you in the northern or southern hemisphere?

Northern, near DC.

Did you lose weight before the slow down, or have you since?

A few pounds, i had surgery.

I don't know your age, this could also be a factor especially if you are around 17-21.

just turned 17

----
It's not like i never eat, just really like 1 meal a day, in which i have fruit, vegetables and almost always milk

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Same thing happening to me also, even though I love cooking I can't quite push myself to enter the kitchen anymore.
I survive on having bites from here and there throughout the whole day and that's it.
Not my usual self if you ask me.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Me and my 6 year old son have felt the same way. Yesterday I didn't have anything to eat, and he only had breakfast and lunch. I did think it was odd he didn't have anything for dinner and it wasn't until then did I realize I wasn't even hungry.

I'd say for me this has been going on close to 2 weeks. Normally it'll be close to 4 pm before I have something. I'm not sure why this is happening just that it has happened before in the past. 11- 12 years ago I completely lost my appetite 2 days before Thanksgiving, and it lasted until New Years.

The only thing that comes to mind for that kind of time frame is the solar cycle. Personology charts are drawn out for 12 years and repeat back to the beginning once the end of the chart is reached.

With that said I'm off to look up what happened the last time I felt this way. I will update my post if I find anything of substance.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Yep, I've noticed this. I'm satisfied on alot less food, and I can go for longer without feeling hungry. And to counter one of pablos ideas, I do smoke, and I smoke "that thing" which makes you more hungry. But it's not doing that, it used to but no more. All I've eaten today, is a bit of a roast dinner. Which consisted of 1 roast spud, half a yorkshire pud and bit of spinnach and half the meat I put on the plate. I've noticed this trend for about 5-6 months. I'm sure that web bot thingy said something once about people begining to eat less. Maybe it's been planted in my mind by that, and therefor I'm "doing it myself" . Maybe we're entering a higher energy area of space.

My dogs aren't complaining about this one little bit mind you. Infact I'm begining to suspect them of being involved somehow. (plot to make me give over as much human food as possible, their appetite is most certainly not effected)

[edit on 9/5/2010 by Acidtastic]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Strange, I was thinking about this last night. For the whole day I fixed green beans, mashed potatoes, and set out some hamburger. I never ate the hamburger. I too have felt less hungry. Could genetically modified food be causing this?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
the human body can adapt to such extreme levels, as far as food intake, of abundance or scarcity, that it's really sort of 'ify' if this is a paranormal phenomenon (sp?)

the reason i reply to this is in question of the rumor you speak of concerning the chinnese monks...

i know, and most people know, they eat a small diet, mostly beans like mung and soy, they do eat them as sprouts i have heard which is probably the healthiest food imaginable to man, think about it, a seed has to have ALL the neccessary components to create and start life, a sprout of a mung, or soy, bean is FULL of nutrition, alfalfa sprouts alone can boost your immune system by some 450% i have read... but to summarize that thought, as i know, the monks eat extremely healthy, therefor their requirements for amount of food compared to the western diet is going to be smaller anyways...

of course i have heard they fast, probably not like the intense indian buddhists, but more or less i wouldn't be surprised if they had to learn the ability to fast for extreme periods of time, as learning extreme abilities like that is not uncommon for the tibetan buddhist monks...

the yamabushi of japan practiced fasting, they would hike mountain ranges without drinking water or food while chanting buddist sutras, an ascetic practice that was brought to japan from the chinnest buddhist monks, so since it exists in japan with it's roots in chinnese buddhism (fasting) i would say it is not out of the question that chinnese buddhist monks (tibetan) would practice fasting...

but i have never heard that they get their energy 'elsewhere'

where?

haha

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Read the sig. I enjoy too. It don't always make for eating. I was mostly just prepping the kid for what a doc would say.

And mossme it seems that this has happened since you stopped the prescription. At least since about then.

The reason I ask that one is I was taking a prescription for a good length of time, and about a week after I stopped I did not eat the same for about six months. The same could be for you.

The reason for the hemisphere thing is I see you are going into summer. I tend to slow down on food during that part of the year.

And age, well you have probably about stopped growing and this can lead to appetite difference.

Mostly just seeing if you were going through some of the same fluxes as me.

As I said I often eat this way and I think it is great. Eat when your body tells you. Not when the clock does. It works for me. Since I began this type of diet I look the most healthy I ever have.

BTW I take it you meant a surgery like appendix or something not GBS?

Take what you will from it just my experience with similar concerns.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by pablos]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I have been eating a little less lately, and have lost a little weight. I feel better overall. I still eat lunch and dinner, I just eat smaller amounts.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
I'm really curious if any of you guys are going through this too...

The past month or so, i really have not been eating. Not because i don't want to or am too busy, just because i forget and am not hungry. The weird thing is that i feel great, even a bit better without eating, so it's hard for me to remember if i ate ore not. Many times i eat lunch just out of temptation (see something good), and realize i haven't eaten anything for breakfast. I feel lighter and happier, eating foods (especially meats) many times just makes me feel heavier and more animalistic.

I have heard of Tibetan Monks doing this and getting their energy elsewhere, so it's not like it's impossible, but are any of you guys going through this too?

I've been slightly underweight by current medical standards for about 30 years. Ever since I read "maximum life span" by Dr Roy Wallford. (His demise was due to ALS, or Lou Gerrigs disease, which we believe is genetic) He studied mice who were put on a reduced calorie diet, and it extended their life spans by about 30%, and seemed to make them less suseptable to disease. It's believed to be the only definitive way to extend lifespan in mammels, at the moment. (just don't over do it). But I haven't been keeping an eye on research in this area, so this infornation may not be current. But it sure works for me. I have more energy then I did as a fat teenager. (Sorry, spell checker still on strike...)

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
i think it's because its summer.

Most people dont liek to eat lots when its warm. plus they are subconcously thinking about being fat on a beach.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I can absolutely relate to you when you say you feel better when you don't eat.

I think food is so poisonous these days, that whenever you eat, your body goes into a kind of toxic shock for several hours while it tries to break down and eliminate all the poisons from your system.

I feel best if i haven't eaten for at least 18 hours. Of course, hunger becomes a problem...

I think food today is just awful. Everything seems to be full of MSG, artificial flavor enhancers, additives, colorings... things are processed and loaded with artificial fillers and all other kinds of nonsense.

Even what we think of as "wholesome" foods aren't that good anymore. Monsanto has turned something like 90% of the corn, wheat, and soy products into genetically modified frankenfood.

I've done some research on the problems of GM foods, and everything I read just sounds like a nightmare.

If I could avoid it, I wouldn't go near another GM product with a ten-foot-pole.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Glad to hear this. Funny cause there are two things that I felt were a burden most of my adult life. Talking and eating.

You know that feeling you get when you know something is wrong, say you see someone being hurt.....well for most of us, our natural intuition and emotions tells us this is wrong. With eating and talking its as if I once lived freely without either. Now it just seems so wrong to me, I feel almost handicapped by it and I get frustrated when I am hungry and frustrated sometimes when someone just cant read my mind, LOL...like, its exhausting having to say everything.

I believe we are transcending to higher dimensions, we all go at different speeds. There are worlds where we wont need our body, I personally think that is the true world, or higher dimension...whatever you want to call it.

Or else why would eating and talking feel like such a burden? just feels off.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm with you... I'm eating far less and feel a lot better.... 4 months ago I went from a ravaging carnivore to a complete and total vegetarian, cold turkey.. (no pun intended) ... I literally stopped eating meat in one instant... Actually, my entire family did with me.. My wife and kids as well.

I can't explain it.... All i know is that I feel no desire to eat meat, sugar or any of my foods of old ...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I used to be an avid hunter who ate everything I shot. I loved meat, especially game. About six years ago I experienced a sudden pang of guilt about other creatures having to die just so I could eat their flesh, when there are so many alternatives out there. I haven't eaten meat of any sort since, and yet I now feel much healthier for it. I'm not against hunting or eating meat, and I believe the choice is personal. It may seem strange, but I've found that since giving up eating meat and hunting, I see more wildlife whenever I go into the bush.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join