It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Film 'Machete' will evoke race war

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Director Robert Rodriguez' new film 'Machete' has created controversy after a promotional trailer released online makes provoking comments about Arizona-- referring to its new immigration laws-- before depicted a machete-wielding vigilante who leads an uprising and massacre against Texas authorities. The filmmakers called it a 'special' Cinco de Mayo message to Arizona, inviting viewers into a violent on-screen race war with red-saturated 70s exploitation violence and endless killing.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
the director, production company, and every actor/actress in this film is now on my # list.

you can kiss any potential cent i would have spent on any future productions goodbye.

matter of fact it would be unfortunate if there were a mass pirating campaign on this movie to ensure it makes no money.

it would be interesting if there were folks walking around with stacks of copied versions of this movie passing them out for free.

i wonder how they would react to that.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I remember seeing the "Fake" trailer with "Planet Terror", and laughing like hell at the minigun on the front of his motorbike, also thinking this would be a great movie, and now he's made it, great, can't wait to see it!

The guy in the vid seems a little excitable to say the least! It's a film, I don't think it's going to lead to machete armed gangs of Mexican's roaming the streets looking for white people to kill in Arizona, most of the white people got guns there for crying out loud!

I think where Arizona is mentioned it's just a "two finger" gesture at the new Arizona law, kind of like "Kiss my ass!", and I don't think this will evolve into a race war...... chill out it's just a film!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It is a crappy b-movie comedy exploitation film that originally was only a fake preview.

So many people asked for the actual movie that they decided to make it.

Seriously, watch the preview on youtube, Alex Jones is simply out of stuff to rant about. It's like saying "Mars Attacks" was a rallying cry against the shapeshifting lizard aliens.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Tiloke]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I posted a thread about this somewhere, but let them bring the race war. The only thing is the ones they will be fighting are more diverse Legal US citizens that the ILLEGAL political pawns will never be able to overcome.

Plus this legal immigrant citizen has more to fight with than just words.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I'd say Alex Jones went off the deep end with this crap.

A race war...haha..

I personally think the Arizona Law is very ignorant but I'm not going to war with the "white man"

I can't wait to see the movie.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I loved the fake exploitation trailers in Grindhouse!

That new cinco de mayo deal is an interesting turn of events.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiloke

It's like saying "Mars Attacks" was a rallying cry against the shapeshifting lizard aliens.

Trailer:

Oh goodness. I agree. Much ado about nothing and a good analogy to the slapstick sci-fi movie 'Mars Attacks.' If this movie starts a race war then people are way too easily influenced.

It has Cheech Marin in it for heaven's sake whose character name is 'Benecio del Toro' like the actor. Then De Niro does a scene reminiscent of the Kennedy assassination. Looks to have an all star cast like Mars Attacks, too.

Looks to be a cheesy action film purposely styled after the 70's renegade style movies but is intentionally done over the top like Mars Attacks was to the sci-fi alien genre.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Don't..... hahahahahaaha! Great stuff! Thanks for posting, PMSL! The guy in the basement looks like my old headmaster.....lol!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I remember the hysteria of "I spit on your grave" and "The Warriors". There was no noticeable increase in genital mutiliation or gang murders could be attributed to any of these respective films.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Tiger5]

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Mlhhh, yeah...Mexicans will roam the streets with machetes, sure. And everyone watching Harry Potter goes off to buy a broom. And after I saw Aliens, I tried to disolve stuff with my acid spit...it didn't work

Also, the guys who are upset about this...don't be a bunch of hypocrites. You'd watch a movie with an American (anit-)hero slaughtering foreign bad guys, but this movie upsets you?

It's a movie, and just like Tarantino, Rodriguez likes to provoke. Doesn't mean people will enact his movies in real life. Rodriguez also made Hostel and From Dusk Till Dawn...both provocative, but just movies.

Don't be like the woman who says "Harry Potter is an enemy of God"...realize that people understand the difference between a movie and real life!

[edit on 9-5-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'll give Robert R. a theme for a movie. A true and shameful episode in American history. Possibly worse than the Japanese imprsonment campas and black slavery yet it is NOT thought in our public schools.
The Mexican Repatriation in the 1930's

The Mexican Repatriation refers to a forced migration that took place between 1929 and 1939, when as many as one million people of Mexican descent were forced or pressured to leave the US. (The term "Repatriation," though commonly used, is inaccurate, since approximately 60% of those driven out were U.S. citizens.) The event, carried out by American authorities, took place without due process. The Immigration and Naturalization Service targeted Mexicans because of "the proximity of the Mexican border, the physical distinctiveness of mestizos, and easily identifiable barrios."

The Repatriation is not widely discussed in American history textbooks; in a 2006 survey of the nine most commonly used American history textbooks in the United States, four did not mention the Repatriation, and only one devoted more than half a page to the topic. In total, they devoted four pages to the Repatriation, compared with eighteen pages for the Japanese American internment.

These actions were authorized by President Herbert Hoover and targeted areas with large Hispanic populations, mostly in California, Texas, Colorado, Illinois and Michigan en.wikipedia.org...

www.historynet.com...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The Blob did it for me, after watching it, all I could think about was the Blob blobbing people! It may sound a bit racist, but I just don't like the Blob! Then I realized the political agenda that the Blob had, World domination! I formed the anti-blob movement in 1969, and am still the one and only member! Why can't people see what's really going on, just look at the film "The Blob", all the evidence is there, it even shows the Blob, blobbing people. We need to take a stand against The Blob NOW! Arm yourselves people, The Blob is coming!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
the director, production company, and every actor/actress in this film is now on my # list.

you can kiss any potential cent i would have spent on any future productions goodbye.

matter of fact it would be unfortunate if there were a mass pirating campaign on this movie to ensure it makes no money.

it would be interesting if there were folks walking around with stacks of copied versions of this movie passing them out for free.

i wonder how they would react to that.

Yes sir, because it is completely alright for there to be tons of incredibly violent movies where it's an American kicking another culture's rear but as soon as there is one where they come after your own, well that's "# list" material for sure.

Of course we all remember how Rambo caused those anti-Vietnam riots and Red Dawn lead to the burning of embassy row... oh wait...

Get over it, it's just a movie. Is it going to spark a race war? Absolutely not. It is showing that art, even in a crude form like this, still sparks very visceral emotional reactions in detractors.

This film's makers will laugh all the way to the bank, while people such as yourself and Alex Jones, huff and puff and go crazy. In the end, I'm betting nothing of real cinematic value will be made or lost, and society will go on as it has before.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Rodriguez also made Hostel and From Dusk Till Dawn...both provocative, but just movies.

Hostel (2005) was made by Eli Roth. Roth also made the THANKSGIVING fake trailer above. He's pictured at the end with his head stitched onto the turkey... look real closely

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'd laugh if some people who did infact work for Rodriguez did actually call Mr. Jones and just try to get a rise out of him and stir the pot

It might also be just Jones working for Rodriguez as some kinda of Viral Advertisement.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MexicanTexan
I'd laugh if some people who did infact work for Rodriguez did actually call Mr. Jones and just try to get a rise out of him and stir the pot

It might also be just Jones working for Rodriguez as some kinda of Viral Advertisement.

I think we have a winner! A viral marketing campaign using or including Alex Jones, that is absolutely genius, and much more likely than Mr. Jones predictions of a race war.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrddin Wyllt

Make me the second member to join your anti-Blob movement!

I remember seeing the movie poster about a year, maybe two years ago. I'm a fan of the main actor. I definately can't wait to see it. If anything, this movie may help add a machete to my decorative knives/dagger/sword collection.

Mr. Jones is going on much ado about nothing, in my opinion. There are way too many movies where the American is out causing destruction in other countries, and where even in Hollywood movies, the white man is portrayed as an evil, caniving sicophant (sp?). It's a double edged sword. I know that this movie won't stir emotions of violence or any of that foolish rubbish. Only the weak minded...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Sometimes i think Jones talks so much about a subject as to get it into a selffulfilling prophecy[as a disinformation agent], same with these race wars he talks about all the time.
I just love Rodrigues' films and all the parts Trejo gets in his films, can't wait to see it. The scene with Steven segal looks hilarious
...I also thought the movie was fake, at least the trailor was?

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This movie will start a race war just like The Wizard of Oz created the Massive Munchkin Massacre in 1939.

Mercy sakes, it is just a movie. Sorry.

Nice one OP, almost as good as:
OBAMA CHEATING SCANDAL: SHOCKING NEW REPORTS

[edit on 9-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join