It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Touts Strong Dollar on Russian TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

WASHINGTON, May 8, 2010 (Reuters) — President Barack Obama said if the United States has a strong economy it would have a strong dollar, in rare comments about the U.S. currency in an interview with Russian television broadcast on Saturday.

Source

Obama also expressed fresh American concern over the debt turmoil roiling Greece, which has affected world markets.

The interviewer from Russian television's state-run Channel Rossiya asked Obama whether he would like to see a weaker or a stronger dollar.

"My basic principle is to focus on the fundamentals of the economy. I think that if we have a strong U.S. economy we're going to have a strong dollar," Obama said, according to an English-language transcript of the May 6 interview provided by the White House.

Well yeah I think that if we have a strong US Economy we'd have a strong US Dollar too. However, that isn't the reality for the most part. The US Dollar has shown some signs of strengthening as the article states and with the continuing budget deficit, is it going to continue? Greece is only the beginning.

join