It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas: Reports of shots fired to US from across the border

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I heard the drug lords came across the border and slaughtered the police chief and several officers and his family and cut all the peoples heads off and put their bodies in the dessert. I also heard that granny is defending our borders over there, with a shot gun, an Ak,an uzzy, and a 44 mag. It is a regular war over there, the landowners are defending the borders. Mexicans, Drug smugglers all comming across, wherever they cross.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by DaddyBare

ALRIGHT!

Enough is enough

Obamao [I know how to spell his name] 2 things!

1. Gulf oil disaster!

2. Deal with the Mexican issue!

In the meantime I'll pay my taxes for now, do something with them.

Just remember Slayer President Ronald Reagan has already told us what they don't do with the Federal Income Tax. "Not one nickel of the Federal Income Tax goes to pay for the services people expect from Government" The finding of the Grace commission. Just remember that next time you voluntarily comply.

From the IRS own internal documents (paraphrasing) the best way to get the people to comply is to stress prosecution and enforcement. They use tyranny as their best option to get people to comply. Must not be a very good deal if they have to threaten people to get them to comply. The IRS knows that nothing as noble as civic duty is the reason most Americans voluntarily comply. They know that the public responds favorably to tyranny. Who can blame them - if it works go with it.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by HalfAWorldAway

I am not advocating invading Mexico at all.. I AM suggesting we set aside some of our treaties in order to place tropps along the border to supplament Local Law Enforcement / ICE thats already there. There is a drug war going on in Mexico, and whether we like it or not, its spilling across into our country. If Mexico does not want our assistance in helping their forces to quell it, thats fine. It does not mean we shouldnt at least prepare to reinforce our own border to protect our citizens.

As far as our supposed quest for resources.. I am not a proponent of that at all, nor am I an advocate of imperialism / expansionism.. I am in favor of using our own resources to fix the mess we have here at home, while trying to assist those countries who "help themseleves" but need a bit more.

I am in favor of ending some of the free handouts we do aroud the globe.

Back to my other point though... There is no reason Mexicans who are here illegaly should not go through the process to remain here. If they dont want to, then they are here illegally, and should be sent back home.

Just as Mexico does to illegals in their country.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
i think its time they start shooting back...
Last time the Border Patrol did that, they chased down the drug smugglers, killed them, found a large amount of drug's on the Mexicans they killed, and were tried and convicted by a judge who sentenced them to a lengthy sentence. some system we have it must have been the CIA's dope?

[edit on 9-5-2010 by ibegood2]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Our fellow americans over there next to the border are fighting a loosing battle. The battle of drug cartels and illegal immigrants crossing, is way out of hand. Mexico needs to help itself out by creating jobs for its own peoples, so they stop comming over here. They need to create jobs that support peoples. Why cain't they fix their own problems, why do we have to suffer the consiquences? Kick the drug cartells out. Then the peoples over there can support themselves, instead of the cartells ruinning it for them. A farmer over there would rather plant a crop, instead the cartels tell them to plant drugs or be shot. No wonder noone wants to live in a place where they fear for their life, i wouldn't either. It's sickenning.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

its gotten so bad down here we're getting out...
on Tues I pick up the moving van and off we go, no looking back...
Still I worry about friends and family who can't just pack up and leave like we can...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
We have been under Mexican invasion for awhile!

But most people laugh that notion off...it's amazing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Well, I wasn't saying that there are no issues in the border region of Texas, as there certainly is. However, I call this a non-story because we have no idea about the origin of the gunshots nor do we know what the intended target of the shots were. The shots may have come from hunters or target practice.

All we know is that there were gunshots. That is typical of that area. A simple series of gunshots is not news worthy...could you imagine the news reporting every rural gunshot throughout the region...much less the law enforcement resources following up on them. It's ridiculous to read anything into this particular story. It's simply an agenda driven story that, at the current time, has no merit as an aggressive action towards the US or US citizens.

For one to assume that these particular gunshots were aggressive in nature, also suggests that one is in a high state of paranoia.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Well, I wasn't saying that there are no issues in the border region of Texas, as there certainly is (sic). However, I call this a non-story because we have no idea about the origin of the gunshots nor do we know what the intended target of the shots were. The shots may have come from hunters or target practice.

All we know is that there were gunshots. That is typical of that area. A simple series of gunshots is not news worthy...could you imagine the news reporting every rural gunshot throughout the region...much less the law enforcement resources following up on them. It's ridiculous to read anything into this particular story. It's simply an agenda driven story that, at the current time, has no merit as an aggressive action towards the US or US citizens.

For one to assume that these particular gunshots were aggressive in nature, also suggests that one is in a high state of paranoia.

Mr. Aggie with those statements I don't believe that you have been anywhere near the US-Mexico border for the last 20 years. And if you have it was for shopping trips.

The local news station, being from Laredo, would know what would be a story of being shot at vs. some locals target practicing. The drilling rig is there to make money, and the crew would not clear out because they heard some shots at a distance.

People aren't hunting there this time of year, if they are it's for varmints or hogs, and not sighting in rifles etc. Not very many shots should be going on now (legally).

Suggesting that they are in a high state of paranoia means you don't have a grip on what is happening on the border. Why do you want to minimize this problem as if it's just overreaction and paranoia???

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings
Mr. Aggie with those statements I don't believe that you have been anywhere near the US-Mexico border for the last 20 years. And if you have it was for shopping trips.

The local news station, being from Laredo, would know what would be a story of being shot at vs. some locals target practicing. The drilling rig is there to make money, and the crew would not clear out because they heard some shots at a distance.

People aren't hunting there this time of year, if they are it's for varmints or hogs, and not sighting in rifles etc. Not very many shots should be going on now (legally).

Suggesting that they are in a high state of paranoia means you don't have a grip on what is happening on the border. Why do you want to minimize this problem as if it's just overreaction and paranoia???

Mr. 1saw, I do not believe you even read the article.

According to the caller, the crews have been hearing shots fired coming from the Mexican side, and have had to stop their work.

Nowhere in that article did it even imply that those shots were directed at anyone...it merely mentions gunshots.

Not much hunting huh? I believe you have not been to the border region in a while. Hog hunting is huge, So are the "canned" exotic hunts.

There is a reason the news picked this story up. It's agenda driven. With all the talk lately about stiffening up the borders and toughening immigration laws, this is the propaganda being used on the paranoid to try to push through their agenda with greater ease.

However, if you can direct me to the portion of the article that says that those shots were fired at people, then I will change my stance. Until then....NON STORY!

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I have a ruger sp101,it is a 5 shot .357 revolver.
It feels good in my hands and it's easy to shoot.
My newest baby is a 38 special,I haven't tried it out
yet.
I did buy a 38 derringer and it has a very hard pull.
I like it's size for something to carry in a purse.The pull
is too hard and I don't recommend getting one.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

They are speaking about nothing.

When you shoot a gun the noise is at the point of firing. So I figure if they were hearing shots, they were coming from close by.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I live in El Paso and haven't heard much about this at all in our local news.
That said I have not seen the local news much and still haven't.
So, more questions to be answered..

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join