It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a sneaky cruise missle from russia with love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
www.debka.com...

This relatively cheap, extra-smart, easy-to-use Club-K Container Missile System, which Moscow has put on the open market, allows cruise missiles concealed in freight containers to be launched from a prepositioned or moving land or sea platform. It is virtually undetectable by radar until activated. No wonder, Iran and Venezuela were keenly interested when the Club-K was put on the market at the Defense Services Asia exhibition in Malaysia this week for $15 million.

Western military experts are calling it a "real maritime fear for anyone with a waterfront." The container-cum-missiles, carried by a ship, fishing vessel or truck can approach a targeted coast, highway or international railway and strike behind the target's missile defenses without alerting radar monitors or even surveillance drones and satellites.

In Iranian hands, it would make the targeting of its nuclear facilities very difficult. Able to wipe out an aircraft carrier up to 400 kilometers away, the system's manufacturer, Novator, is directing its marketing tactics at anyone under threat of military action from the United States. One expert accused the Russians of proliferating ballistic missiles on an unheard-of scale.

At the Malaysian exhibition, the marketing film showed the Club-K being activated from an ordinary truck. (See picture.) The truck pulls up, whereupon the container roof lifts up to reveal four 3?-54?E, 3?-54?E1 and 3?-14?E cruise missiles ready to fire. The operator then pushes a button and the missiles, which have a range of 350 km, are launched without further preparation.

I've heard people talk about this for a while. I expected a "false top" tanker or something that could come into port ( or just get close ) and let an short or medium range missle fly. Land use would be totally obscured.

I guess you take out any semi regardless if your attacking another country. Over here, it'll be a totally different game.

I didnt consider a freakin box car. Kinda scary but beautiful in its simplicity.

hey, you have to give kudos to good ideas...even from your enemies!

[edit on 5/5/10 by felonius]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
there certainly is a market for this.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
And why should only USA and allies be allowed to sell such toys to their proteges around the earth? because the earth is theirs? NOT YET!!!

Nuclear armed Pakistan just tested 2 missiles. pakistan defied the world with 7 N-tests and continues building up deadly stockpile pretty near to the same Middle East that USA pretends to "defend". Instead of slamming it with sanctions including quarantine like that of Cuba, USA is considering selling a guided missile frigate!
en.rian.ru...

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Gliese581]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Why don't we simply do a drone air-strike on the manufacturing facility?

They have already indicated their intentions to sell there to be used directly against the united states... Seems a pre-emptive strike would really be a no-brainer on this one.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yes preemptive strike is an option. You won't cheat Putin!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock

They have already indicated their intentions to sell there to be used directly against the united states... Seems a pre-emptive strike would really be a no-brainer on this one.

No brainer? That entire post was a no-brainer. "Hmm lets start using drones to attack Russia and see how far it gets us".
No different to what the US has done, which is selling arms capable of defeating their enemies (the US gave Stinger missiles to the Taliban when the USSR invaded so they could take out their helicopters with something more advanced than RPGs).

To be honest, if Russia hadn't wanted people to know about it, then they'd of done it more discreetly. Of course the US would have found out, but throwing it to the media is clearly a sign that Russia wants it to be used as more of a detterent than an offensive weapon. Iran can buy them, and an invasion is off the table, why? Because a cruise missile can come from anywhere and take out carriers.

Hell, I'm glad this has happened, gives smaller nations a chance at making it on their own, instead of being bullied by larger nations.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hi Rock,

A Russian manufacturing facility? You realize that the Russians might not like this even if the facility could be found and attacked, somehow?

Any weapon ever sold can be used against pretty much anyone unless the designers and sellers have a means to disable weapons if they are turned on them or designated third parties. Either way i don't see how cruise missile attacks on the US east coast is going to endear Iran to the world or why American warships needs to go within cruise missile range of the Iranian coast.

The Russians can sell to anyone they like as they have both the economic clout to have a good measure of strategic independence and the nuclear might to destroy without much damage to themselves all but the USA. Some people have strangely succumbed to the , media i suppose, delusion that the Russian federation is no longer a global player and while i can't imagine how or why those who actually STUDY missiles and weaponry can be so deluded i suppose i can just again point out that no country who wishes to remain intact and unglassed over is likely to so directly ( what happens behind the scenes is a different matter) confront them over a issue so ridiculously insignificant.

Regards,

Stellar

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It seems to be a russian manufacturing company, not russia.

Why can't we hit them before they hit us?

I say go for it. It might just re-assert our position on the world stage as a superpower (regardless of what our sitting president has done to neuter us over the last year!)

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I say go for it. It might just re-assert our position on the world stage as a superpower (regardless of what our sitting president has done to neuter us over the last year!)

Dear pop are you intentionally thick or are you just having a hard time getting it through your skull? THE US DID DOES AND WILL DO EXACTLY THE SAME AS RUSSIA DID DOES AND WILL DO. Including but not limited to arms sales tactics deployment special ops tech warfare and mind games.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by rationaluser

Dear pop are you intentionally thick or are you just having a hard time getting it through your skull? THE US DID DOES AND WILL DO EXACTLY THE SAME AS RUSSIA DID DOES AND WILL DO. Including but not limited to arms sales tactics deployment special ops tech warfare and mind games.

Having no difficulty. Hit them, hit them hard. Not difficult for me to get my mind wrapped around. Though, I am not enough of a tool to criticize someone for having a different opinion than me, otherwise i would have a lot of neat stuff to say about you and your post...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by rationaluser

Having no difficulty. Hit them, hit them hard. Not difficult for me to get my mind wrapped around. Though, I am not enough of a tool to criticize someone for having a different opinion than me, otherwise i would have a lot of neat stuff to say about you and your post...

I wish you were the American president. After you carry out your plan, the entire pacific coast of North America will be under Russian control in a month.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

If you haven't seen this yet.. It is a MUST WATCH for you.. and everyone else too

en.wikipedia.org...

enjoy

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hi Daedalus,

reply to post by Daedalus3

A very good film but unlike depicted in it any many other the world will not end in as much as it will end for a very large proportion of American citizens as well as for enough Russians to make it unlikely for them to try to exploit their strategic power unless in what i would like to consider dire straits indeed.

Regards,

Stellar

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX
Hi Daedalus,

A very good film but unlike depicted in it any many other the world will not end in as much as it will end for a very large proportion of American citizens as well as for enough Russians to make it unlikely for them to try to exploit their strategic power unless in what i would like to consider dire straits indeed.

Regards,

Stellar

Yes but for Americans and Russians (or any other nation in their shoes) whether it meant their own doom or the the end of the rest of the world along with it, would not make much of a difference.
What is scary is the clause to allow individual generals/commanders to initiate retaliatory nuclear strike without approval of the incumbent/surviving head of state, whether it is the president or somebody at number 59 in the line.
It doesn't matter if the general is somebody obsessed with the adulteration of his 'fluids' or a general that wants to send the ~capitalist fiends~ to a fiery hell.
Sanity breaks down and the consequences of exploiting their strategic power seem to be meaningless..

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

And for you I have another MUST watch if you haven't seen it.. though I bet the other guy wants to nuke Russia has seen it

en.wikipedia.org...

I came across another interesting movie while searching for the one above:

en.wikipedia.org...(2010_film)

interesting..

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

HAHA yes, I have watched Red Dawn just so I can laugh at how it was conditioned exactly for ignorant Americans who believe their country is an invincible fortress. Seriously, a group of rebel highschool kids in the bush blowing up Russian bases and fending off Spetsnaz units without getting scratched? Such entertainment value

However this new Chinese version looks interesting. To me it is just more conditioning so Americans can believe they can defeat anything just in case an invasion ever occured in real life. It is nothing more than propaganda in its most rediculous form.

When I watch war movies, I prefer to look for actual war footage. Try comparing Soviet combat footage from Afghanistan to American Afghan combat footage and see the difference between the discipline of the two militaries.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Well.. Russian para-trooping units along the east coast is just as preposterous as school kids fighting paratroopers..

And belief is important.. I'm sure there are preposterous films in all major nations with lopsided propaganda themes that are just meant for consumption of the masses.. And youtube is a very good place to get a glimpse of this kind of media.. most entertaining..

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Well.. Russian para-trooping units along the east coast is just as preposterous as school kids fighting paratroopers..

I don't think so. Russia has some pretty decent stealth tech out there specifically designed to mask paratroop formations on ingress routes. Combine such technology and tactics with elite Russian paratroopers (ie the VDV) and you got a real threat to Fortress America.

I admit that I beat CoD:MW2 and for the horrible Tom Clancy-esque plotline it had, it did portray a good senerio of a Russian invasion of the US. Imagine Russia sending in a large airbourne division which eventually captures or destroys the primary structures in Washinton, ie the White House or the Pentagon.

What could the US do with its primary political and military headquarters out of commission? I've studied secondary command bunker structures in the US and they are more hidden than protected, meaning that all the Russians need is intel to destroy them. In fact, most secondary American command structures (that are publically known) seem to pale in comparison to Russian superbunkers, with the exception of Cheyenne Mountain.

In my opinion, Russia has the ability to conduct a largescale assault on the US through tactics designed to neutralize American command structures. Without a command structure, the US military and local governments would collapse immediately into sporadic groups of resistance for a main Russian force (which is a out of Russia's current capacity). Though if Russia were to soften the US for a Chinese amphibious pacific assault...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I don't think so. Russia has some pretty decent stealth tech out there specifically designed to mask paratroop formations on ingress routes. Combine such technology and tactics with elite Russian paratroopers (ie the VDV) and you got a real threat to Fortress America...

Didn't go on to read the rest of your post (apologies) but I believe the meat of the matter is the bit I quote above.
I am interested to understand these stealthy paratrooping capabilities..

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I don't think so. Russia has some pretty decent stealth tech out there specifically designed to mask paratroop formations on ingress routes. Combine such technology and tactics with elite Russian paratroopers (ie the VDV) and you got a real threat to Fortress America...

Didn't go on to read the rest of your post (apologies) but I believe the meat of the matter is the bit I quote above.
I am interested to understand these stealthy paratrooping capabilities..

It's more tactical then technological. For instance, formation of troop transports in the air can fool ground defences if the planes line up just right (in a diagonal line from the ground). This is why AWACS play an important role in air recon because they can observe enemy transports at the same altitude or higher.

I actually learned this tactic from my computer science professor who spent decades developing civilian and military aircraft control systems (even worked for Raytheon).

Plus plasma stealth is now a proven concept with the T-50's plasma injection ports location infront of the two air intakes. For years Russians have claimed they have tested plasma stealth successfully over the western arctic (NORAD territory), yet the west could not accept that a country like Russia could have superior technology. I wonder how many people now doubt Russian plasma stealth? Probably just as many but that's certainly not a bad thing for when the Russians launch pre-emptive strikes

join