It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circle Numero Uno 2010

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

I saw those videos you speak of and in every single case none of them were made under the guise of crop circle researchers. That's important, because when you're making a claim to someone (or a group, in this case) you present evidence proving that you are capable of duplicating the phenomenon.

They haven't.

In fact, Team Satan actually in one of their most famous videos, flew to NEW ZEALAND to make a crop formation in front of a film crew. Then they presented their work to television.

Why New Zealand? Easy. Few observers, and guess what: no crop circle reseacrhers to debunk them.

Also, insider information (probably one of the crew technicians) later revealed that the work took Team Satan THREE DAYS to make the formation rather than the overnight period that was officially stated.

And the formation looked like crap.

Believe me. I've looked into this too. You and your little engineering friends get together, gather your resources, rent a field (hah - good damn luck!), and create a formation under the eyes of respected researchers such as Nancy Talbot, Micheal Glickmann, Colin Andrews, and others. You and your buddies do that, I'll be convinced.

I KNOW that many formations ARE manmade. I'm saying that a large percentage aren't.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
IT's really easy to try and debunk these small crop circles and omit all the huge ones with geometry involved in it that leaves very little room for error. And yet they would get the job done over night....

[edit on 8-5-2010 by AquaTim84]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Look I spent years as a drafter / computer aided drafter. I know how to draw things with 100% precision using only primitive tools.

A rope or string acts both as a drafting rule, and a drafting compass.

You are neglecting the aspect of scale. Sure, its easy to draw fancy designs on paper with very basic or simple tools, where nothing but your tool need touch the paper.

On a larger than human scale, out in a field, it is totally a different matter. There is the issue of foot prints or some form of ground based mobility if made by humans. Only something not needing to touch the ground could make such designs in a field without leaving extraneous marks or blemishes.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
And in some cases in less than twenty minutes. Pilots flying over certain fields swear that formations weren't there upon first flyovers, then twenty or thirty minutes later they are. But I guess with a case of chocolate covered coffee beans, a geometry set from Dollarama, and some Red Bull anything is possible.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Re the simplicity of people making crop circles, the crop formation below is one of the most important crop circles in history. It was created in West Woods, Wiltshire on July 17th, 2008. Despite it's beauty and it's complexity, it contains a very important feature in the centre.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7862b00fa85d.jpg[/atsimg]

The two images below are of the left and right of the centre portion, (before the people trampled into the centre). I reversed the 2nd one so you could see the right side of the circle, since I can't get this post to allow image scrolling.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96249eb4f1b7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/74c958b93700.jpg[/atsimg]

Note how there are no entry points into the centre. How, without the help of scaffoldings or an aerial device, could the circle makers do this in the dead of night without being detected? And why would they have gone through all the additional complexity of doing this centre piece like this when all they needed to do was to move over a few feet so that the circle had a tram line entry point?

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Neo__]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Good point above. Anyone who's lived near a corn field will know that just walking through some of it once will leave a deformed/crushed area, which will not just suddenly spring back up into shape in a day, two or even a week.

Anyway it's a shame any crop circle thread seems to deteriorate into the humans vs aliens thing.

This is an aliens forum. Can't we just speculate that side of it? Surely if it was Aliens, UFO's and Human Intervention - there would be a point. But those willing to just class it as human effort - albeit true in some cases, really has no point here. The majority of us are here to read and speculate the alien factor.

There are plenty of people out there bringing us news and evidence of crop circles and possible alien theories, but seriously - if some are so certain it can be done by humans, accurately, in the dead of night - please, form a group and make a video in 2010 to prove it. Then you'll have some foundation to your argument.

Anyway, I raise my glass to this crop circle which, whatever the origin, is a wonderful design. Here's to #2

Also: It doesn't appear to be the St Michael/Mary ley line in question here.

Edit: Oh, it's the "Old Sarum Ley Line"

[edit on 8-5-2010 by markymint]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

So how do you think this one was made eh?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a29c2326e6f0.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/525fac9c3e3a.gif[/atsimg]

Round and round we go.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Pretty rudimentary though, yes?

Show us a more complex one. Sorry, show us one of the most complex ones.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
"There are plenty of people out there bringing us news and evidence of crop circles and possible alien theories, but seriously - if some are so certain it can be done by humans, accurately, in the dead of night - please, form a group and make a video in 2010 to prove it. Then you'll have some foundation to your argument."

Agreed! There are plenty of researchers out there that would love to see humans make such complex formations. Sadly, no candidates have risen to the challenge. And the squarelike formation above is a pretty pathetic example when compared to the modern masterpieces. And above else, I'd love to see the debunkers make them at night with researchers present. THAT I'd pay good money to see.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Witness before and after:

I work at a factory a few miles north of the city and we have a works bus that takes us in, so I first passed that field at about 7:15am. As an avid enthusiast for Crop circles and other strange phenomenon I am always looking out for strange events wherever I travel. I can say with complete confidence the formation was not there when I proceeded to work. When I was returning from work at about 5.20pm I only noticed an area of flattened crop. I wasn’t totally sure if it was a formation as it wasn’t well defined from the road. After returning home I had a quick search on a few website to see if anything had been reported. As there hadn’t I grabbed my camera and headed up to Old Sarum. As the light was fading quite quickly I got out my little digital camera and started to take a few shots trying to get the best perspective. Unfortunately from my view point the formation didn’t yield up all its glory. I was unable to distinguish what the far side of the formation really looked like. I saw that there was a house very close to the field and I decided to try and gain permission to visit the circle. Unfortunately the lady who lived in the house was not the owner of the field. In fact, she was not aware that there was even a formation, so I showed her a few shots of what I had captured from the castle. She did tell me that she didn’t really believe in the phenomenon, although she was unable to give the permission, she was able to give me the phone number of the farm manager. Again, I was thwarted and unable to contact him. So at this point I walked back up to the ramparts of the castle and tried to get a few more pictures, but the light was nearly gone and none of the images I took at that point had any clarity. So, what I know about the formation from my own experience is that: The formation was constructed at some point between 7.15a.m. and 5.20p.m. There are no witnesses to the formations creation. Low flying birds seem to divert around the formation rather than fly directly over it. Lastly, When I was walking to and from the cottages on the other side of the field I perceived a low frequency hum. Now, I suffer mildly from tinnitus (too much speaker abuse at gigs!), which is a high pitch ringing of the ears that comes and goes occasionally. This noise was the opposite, more felt than heard. If you’ve ever listened to a subwoofer playing a drone note below 20hz you feel the pressure of the soundwave with only a barely perceptible low note. That is as close as I can describe the noise. As this is the opposite to tinnitus, I do not believe that was the cause of the sound but I am open to suggestions as to what it was. I Have since contacted the farm manager and he has granted me permission to enter the field on Sunday 9th May. So hopefully I will be able to get some good close up video and shots of the crop to see if the stalks are bent or the nodes have warped. And a friend has a Geiger counter, so we see if there are any anomalies to the background radiation to what they read within the circle. Hopefully we will be trying to fly a small remote controlled UAV with mounted camera over the circle, hopefully we shall get some good images! I shall give a further update after we have taken a closer look. Matt Holloway

I guess the question is do you believe him or not? (I do)

reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Deliberate misinformation by you. That crop circle you show is CRAP and man made - what is your point?

Show me a REAL one being made - like the Da Vinci in the Netherlands last year? I BET YOU CAN'T!

[edit on 8-5-2010 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

[edit on 8-5-2010 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Let's have a look at the history of GPS:

1993, 8th December
Initial Operational Capability (IOC) is announced. In the same year it was also definitely decided to authorize the world wide civilian use free of charge.

1994, March
The last Block II satellite completes the satellite constellation.

1995, 17th July
Full constellation of 24 GPS satellites in orbit. Full Operational Capability (FOC) is announced.

U.S. President Clinton authorizes SA (Selective Availability) to be phased out to provide civilians worldwide with greater GPS accuracy.

2000, 2nd May 04 UTC
SA (Selective Availability) phased out as a result of the 1996 executive order by U.S. President Clinton. Civilians could now achieve 10 – 15 meters accuracy, compared to the previously available 100 meters accuracy. This was a major win for the GPS consumers (and the GPS industry).

2004, 20th March
Launch of the 50th GPS satellite.

2005, 25th September
Lauch of the first IIR-M GPS satellite. This new type supported the new military M-signal and the second civil signal L2C.

2007, end of year
Five IIR-M GPS satellites in space adding extra navigation signals for both civil and military users.

Source

So from 2000 to present day, GPS technology has improved in leaps and bounds, becoming more available and more accurate.

Now let's look at a similar timeline of crop circles:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/639de91ff2cb.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf4a716dd14f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5bc7bae2dce8.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de868fc7eddc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/501a926bcb60.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a7aad642426.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b60b96fe2d33.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b4ca3ca379b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb152305bb2a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eecc8a5db592.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7bcbf1a937f6.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec1470dba540.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37ad350803d4.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/deb7a19cfe51.jpg[/atsimg]

Source

Obviously these are just a few of many but show a trend of increasingly elaborate designs.
Also, it seems to be accepted that before the 90's crop circles were just that, circles or derivatives of circles.

So are they improving as the technology improves?

Or are the aliens improving their crop circle technology at the same rate us us mere humans? If so, why?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Deliberate misinformation by you.

How is that deliberate misinformation?
You asked "How do you think this was made?" and I responded with my opinion that it was made by people with simple tools like boards and rope.

That crop circle you show is CRAP and man made - what is your point?

That it was man made. Hey we agree on something!

Show me a REAL one being made - like the Da Vinci in the Netherlands last year? I BET YOU CAN'T!

What is a REAL crop circle?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist

What is a REAL crop circle?

If you have to ask, you'll never know I guess!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

If you can't even define what you consider to be a REAL crop circle then how do you expect to be taken seriously? Or even carry on a coherent discussion?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Real? Try these:

1 - Bent and blown nodes.

2 - Millions of tiny iron spheres throughout the formation.

3 - Bent swirl formations within the centers of each or most of the circles.

4 - Electrostatic energy readings

5 - Active Geiger counter readings.

6 - Quickly formed within one night.

7 - Healthy, unbroken stalks that grow more rapidly than ones found outside the formations.

For starters...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nethawk
I was getting worried the season would be late. Usually the first ones occur in April.

Yes, the weather has been bad hasn't it, and PEOPLE hate going out in the wind and rain.

Interesting how we never see these formations in snow isn't it?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
"Interesting how we never see these formations in snow isn't it? "

Actually, there are formations that have been made in both snow and ice. The most recent snow one having taken place in Holland I think. Also, several formations also took place on stormy and rainy nights as well.

But I think you missed the main point, in that during bad weather, crops grow less, and therefore...are less tall...thus providing our cosmic artists with less material to work with. Simple as that. Whether humanmade or otherwise, suitably high crops are needed for good formations.

[edit on 5/8/2010 by DigitalSentinal]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalSentinal
Real? Try these:

1 - Bent and blown nodes.

The entire reason for crops to have nodes is so it can bend towards the sunlight to get better reception. It's like an elbo... of course they are going to bend on the nodes.

When you stomp down on the crops to flatten them, the nodes burst open from the weight of the person or device flattening them.

All that does is prove someone or something squashed the crops. It doesn't support any special technology theory. It is also quite a dumb reason to think humans didn't do it.

2 - Millions of tiny iron spheres throughout the formation.

...are created by the iron machines that till that soil year after year, over and over. The soil contains small amounts of iron too, and magnetic particles. When you constantly till the soil year after year, it starts to smoothen out these particles into a more round object, like a sphere.

Have you ever heard of tumble polishing?

3 - Bent swirl formations within the centers of each or most of the circles.

...takes a man like 3 minutes to do with his hands. It's a new trick they are doing too help fool the masses, or to add some flavor. I think it shows them do it in the last video I posted.

After flattening the crops from the outside inwards, they are left with a few crops in the center, and they just twist them... Some even braid it like hair.

4 - Electrostatic energy readings

...electrostatic exists in unlimited quantities throughout the entire universe. There is nothing special about it. My carpet has electrostatic energy readings.

5 - Active Geiger counter readings.

Another uncontrolled experiment that wasn't independently verified. To many variables to account for. Most likely incorrect instrument operation, or calibration, which hasn't been verified either.

6 - Quickly formed within one night.

You would be surprised to find out that a LOT of crop circles are said to be made in one night (rumors on the internet), only later for people to find out it took several days.

Here is a good example:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4570016c4b7b.png[/atsimg]

Some crop circles are made in one night, but one night is about 12 hours. That is plenty of time to make a crop circle.

The more people you have helping, the faster it will go.

Watch men make a crop circle, you will see that one man can flatten about an acre of crops in one hour. You can calculate the width of the device multiplied by the average size step of a man, and calculate the square footage of the crops a man makes in a given time. It's about one acre an hour at a casual pace, no rush.

With more people, it's even faster.

7 - Healthy, unbroken stalks that grow more rapidly than ones found outside the formations.

Another claim that hasn't been independently verified.

You have to realize that some people around here know a crap load about crap circles. Everything you said is just repeated over, and over.

NONE of you even bother to research the claims shown above any further. You just see the claims, and settle with the answer that was handed down to you. You were happy with that hand-me-down answer, and you didn't research the claims any further. This is probably because it supported what you want to believe, so you held on to it, and blindly accepted it as true. Without going further and finding the truth. You just stopped.

You have unanswered questions, and your only answer is that some advanced beings or technology is responsible. You have stopped looking for more simple answers, more reality based answers, and have gone off to fantasy theory.

Sure it could all be aliens with advanced technology, but is it? NO. After ALL THESE YEARS that crop circles have existed, nobody has seen anything other than humans making them.

Sure some videos have UFO's next to crop circles, but correlation does not prove causation. There is no video of UFO's making the crop circles, and no video of a crop circle actually being made (other than humans making them).

So many years.... and we have nothing (but humans) making crop circles on video.... we even know when crop season starts and ends, and we know the areas they show up, and we can predict within a reasonable area where they will be, and some crop circles were even made over multiple days meaning the same people came back to the same spot multiple times, and we STILL don't have video of anything other than humans making crop circles. That is a major clue...

[edit on 8-5-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DigitalSentinal

No offence, but it is you who missed my point I think.

Why, if these are formations are made by aliens, do they wait until a certain location on the globe has the right height of crop to do their stuff?

Are these messages only for those in the immediate vicinity of a certain country or county?

No, I think the people who make them live near that location and abide by the British "too bl**dy wet or cold" mentality.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

If you can't even define what you consider to be a REAL crop circle then how do you expect to be taken seriously? Or even carry on a coherent discussion?

Exactly! have a nice day

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join