It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Gerrard Be Banned?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Ok all ,Footballers make mistakes, but slow down the motion of Gerrard backpassing to Drogba, and it is compelling stuff.
I have not the technical savvy to provide video links, but if you look very closely at any available footage , and zoom in on Gerrard at the moments immediately after his decisive backpass, you may see the grin and preen.
Many have doubted Liverpoo under Benitezs odorous reign , neutrals such as myself have remained impassive, but this almost bums up , have a go at me backside approach by liverpool against Chelsea deserves examination at the very least?
Stevie Gerrard? ......stevie nicks?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Conspire
Many have doubted Liverpoo under Benitezs odorous reign , neutrals such as myself have remained impassive

Neutral you say?

Iam not here to trash anyones favourite side, but please.....cant they get rid of Benitez?

Benitez is going and all true Liverpool fans want him long gone, I can only guess you are some mentally challenged Latin dolt, with a Benitez doll to soothe himself to sleep.

As for the Gerrard backpass...what a load of rubbish. It was a mistake with no intent at all. He did the same thing in the FA Cup a few years back when Thierry Henry took advantage of a poor backpass to score. Was that on purpose too?

Although I expect nothing less from a bitter Man United supporter

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Originally posted by Dr Conspire
Many have doubted Liverpoo under Benitezs odorous reign , neutrals such as myself have remained impassive

Neutral you say?

Iam not here to trash anyones favourite side, but please.....cant they get rid of Benitez?

Benitez is going and all true Liverpool fans want him long gone, I can only guess you are some mentally challenged Latin dolt, with a Benitez doll to soothe himself to sleep.

As for the Gerrard backpass...what a load of rubbish. It was a mistake with no intent at all. He did the same thing in the FA Cup a few years back when Thierry Henry took advantage of a poor backpass to score. Was that on purpose too?

Although I expect nothing less from a bitter Man United supporter

On a slighty pedantic note...it is poor form to cite quotes from other threads to support a post?
Else where does it end?
Gerrard does have a history of dubious backpasses, but that perfectly executed penetrative back door pass to Drogba surely must invite leering suspicions ofi nterracial and interclub antics?
Sir Matt Busby and Bill Shankly would turn in their graves no doubt but never would they supply scoring opportunitys to each other?
Gerrard and Drogba scored with each other.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I've got some insider info on gerrard that I really hope the press are not going to report on befor the world cup. We could do without this type of scandal before things kick off in SA

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Not that bull about his wife having an affair with a drug dealer, and gerrard getting a 16 yr old girl pregnant

Gerrard took out an injunction because there was no proof in the rumours - that's why they're called rumours - and the injunction would not have been granted if there was any proof.

Liverpool really is like a village sometimes - I heard about this weeks ago from a mate who said it's yet another bitters story doing the rounds.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

His wife is apparently having an affair with the derby county captain. Terry managed to take out an Injunction when there were truths to his affair, amazing what you can do with these injunctions nowadays.

Can't see Gerrard sticking around at Liverpool for much longer.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

yeah, heard that one as well.

It's old news mate, and the difference between gerrard and terry is that the injunction was granted weeks ago because there is no substance to the rumours.

No matter - if gerrard goes, he goes. I wouldn't like it, but it's the club that matters, not one player.
And if we got offered 50 mil for him (not impossible if mourinho goes to real madrid) i'd bite their hands off.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Alright, Guys. Sports and athletes and everything that entails can incite some passion in fans. But let's keep that passion on the subject instead of directing it towards name calling other members.

Please post on topic without attacking anyone.

Thanks.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
hahaha fat boy commons
i hope its true

peace out

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Pathetic, let's stop believing the papers shall we

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

I'm pretty sure when we played Chelsea (or attempted to anyway) that it was still mathematically possible for us to get 4th place, so I can't see Gerry doing that.... even if it meant it stopped Man U exceeding our record.

I dunno.... Not a lot of trust/faith in sports in general at the moment for many people but I'd like to think that it was purely a mistake made by an under-preforming player, at an under-performing team.

Things couldn't have gone much worse this season, well... unless everton nabbed 7th spot of course but thank god/whoever, that didn't happen.

We have one of the weakest squads in the league and it's shown and proven our downfall this season.

I said before the season started we wouldn't qualify for the Champions League and it actually hurts me to say that I was right.
I actually hope this is now the catalyst for change, If we don't get change and soon.... this club is gonna be screwed for years to come.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

But if the £29 million from sales that the owners used to pay down debt had been used to buy players we probably would have had a much better season.

Gerrard has had an awful season with injuries, getting back to fitness, like a lot of our first team - but yeah, with a stronger squad we wouldn't have noticed as much.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

Dubious indeed! Still, nobodys perfect.

And Liverpool may still brag about all their domestic title wins...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by blupblup

But if the £29 million from sales that the owners used to pay down debt had been used to buy players we probably would have had a much better season.

Gerrard has had an awful season with injuries, getting back to fitness, like a lot of our first team - but yeah, with a stronger squad we wouldn't have noticed as much.

Yeah man, Totally agree.... we can lay most of the blame with owners and I cannot wait to see the back of them.

But also I think Benitez has to take some responsibility for the players he's sold and bought.
I'm not saying it's entirely his fault, but he cannot be blameless.

We had a few good strikers and we sold them and replaced them with Torres and N'gog. And only one of those can rightly be called a striker.

We definitely need to bolster our squad... and unless we get some mega-rich owners in the summer... I can see a couple (or THE couple) of big names we have leaving.

Man.... What a crap season.

[edit on 6/5/10 by blupblup]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Yeap.................Got this from a guy in the city with the know!!

Gerrad has gone to court to stop the leak this week - Gerrad leaving Liverpool to go abroad.

16 year old keeping his child!

new topics

top topics

join