It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Boca mystery light a UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Was the Boca mystery light a UFO?

www.wptv.com

BOCA RATON, Fla. -- Was it a star, an airplane, a weather balloon, or perhaps a UFO?

The light in the sky late Monday night over the Camino Real neighborhood in Boca Raton prompted residents to call police and television stations between 9:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.

One person even recorded the light with his cellular phone camera.

An unidentified person at Boca Raton Police said he thinks it was a high-flying kite with a bicycle light attached.

No word yet on who sent the kite airborne, and created such a stir.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ireport.com

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Wow JUST WOW... I am in LOS ANGELES, CA and had my first sighting LAST NIGHT... I was star gazing for about an Hour around 12:30am when I saw it.

This afternoon I then proceeded to call my BEST friend who lives in Del Ray to report to him about my sighting and he alerted me about similar sightings in his town of Boca Raton.

I also want to take this opportunity to acknowledge my visitors and also say to them "i was waiting outside for you this time."

Thank you to everyone at ATS. Today is also My birthday.
-Dark

www.wptv.com (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark-Ninja

Happy Birthday

Florida has always been filled with UFO sitings. I once read that like like to go to places here on Earth that resemble their planet. I guess that's why sighting are popular in desert, sandy, or rocky areas.
I have seen several airborne anomalies in that state.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
UPDATE!!

OKAY...

so there is a GIANT goodyear blimp out side...

what appears to be LAPD helicopter..

and a survelance plane that just flew over...

THIS IS ALL IN MY BACK YARD...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark-Ninja

From UFO Stalker

Case Number: 23119
Log Number: US-05042010-0007
Submitted Date: 2010-05-04 11:46 GMT
Event Date: 2010-05-03 22:28 GMT
City: Boca Raton
Region: Florida
Longitude: -80.1276
Latitude: 26.3698
Shape: Oval
Distance: One mile or less
Terrain: Ocean
Visibility: Clear
Weather: None
Description:

I was driving home at 10:25pm heading south on 9th Avenue in Boca Raton. I saw hundreds of cars lining the streets including CSI, Boca Police and K-9 units. The police set up a telescope. I asked what the commotion was about, and onlookers pointed to the object... the glaringly white (blinking red, green and blue) object, moving erratically upways, and downways and east and west. It was oval-shaped (length east/west direction).

Click the above link to read Full Description for Case Number: 23119 from the Map.

[edit on 5/4/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Read the comments under the story:

fishertom - 8:45 PM 0 Votes Report User you guys are crazy. the "ufo" was a kite. the kite landed in my front lawn with an LED light and about 100 yrds of 10 lb fishing line. the line was frayed and broke thats why the kite suddenly dropped. if you guys watched it drop from camino if landed around royal palm. near the old fire station. it was a spider man kite with a bike LED attatched. people followed it to my house and were waiting outside when i came home so for all you who believe that the "ufo" was actually a UFO then your wrong. a kite can stay in the air for a long time when its blowing 10-15 mph and even more when you get about 500 ft. you can easily control a kite and keep it level.

No ufo. Just a kite with a light.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark-Ninja
UPDATE!!

OKAY...

so there is a GIANT goodyear blimp out side...

what appears to be LAPD helicopter..

and a survelance plane that just flew over...

THIS IS ALL IN MY BACK YARD...

UPDATE!!

THEY ARE NOW FLYING THE GOODYEAR BLIMP OVER THE EXACT SPOT I SAW THE UFO LAST NIGHT....

OMG..LOL

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

No ufo. Just a kite with a light.

including CSI, Boca Police and K-9 units. The police set up a telescope.

Ehhh...Boca's a ritzy neighborhood, they can afford to waste a few tax dollars on a "kite with a light" or 2.

join