It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 7 Hour Talk With Terence & Dennis McKenna

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
2012- been waiting for it since, oh, 1992...

But it is worth the wait- I got a front row seat once...

I am a very lucky person.

Back in the mid 90's, after I read all Terence had written, I got in touch with his brother Dennis, who, by the way, may be SMARTER than his deceased genius brother, which is sort of scary smart.

He vetted me and my proposal to make a Timewave Zero movie (it was the only book I took on my honeymoon) and after passing the smell test, he arranged a conference call with me, him and good ole' Terry.

What a crazy phone call- and I hate phones.

It was actually three calls (2 hours, 1 hour and a final 4 hour marathon) over a week.

Talk about ascending... my DNA was upgraded just listening.

My point is not to brag but to remind everyone

a) Terence is a genius- was a genius- will always be one.

b) Dennis is no less a genius- and his math skills- YES HIS- created the Timewave program, as Terence had two left feet with higher math.

Also- and this is not a drug reference- Dennis lost his mind after the '___'/Amazon trip they took- but that was the seed of the EUREKA moment for the Timewave...

So- the real point of the thread- DENNIS McKENNA is a GENIUS too.

And he is alive.

T.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by HighDefinitionFilms]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Talk about syncronicity.

Terence (along with bill hicks) are my all time heros

After watching two hours of Terences videos i went out into the garden (this was today) and had a type of bee or wasp that ive never seen before stop in front of my face whilst i was having a cigarette. Me being me i did not shew the insect away i mearly tried to get closer to see if Id seen this type of bee before. I was convinced the bee was looking or observing me for some reason. The bee was out for the whole duration of my fag and didnt leave my sight till I went in afterward.

As if that happened today and youve posted something about him!
Hardly ever get posts about terence on ATS

Tell me more of what his brother is like please.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Wow.

Does anyone know how to get in contact with him? Or, better yet, get him on ATS?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Dennis is Terence's opposite number.

Quiet, reserved, shy, introspective- not the showman Terry was.

Ready for this- he is so intellectual he makes Terence look like a game show host- and Terence is also perhaps my greatest role model/intellectual idol...

Dennis shuns limelight and credit.

I guess the cool thing is- Dennis inspired Terence big time...

They were Gilbert and Sullivan of Metaphysics- but Terence went solo...

HDF

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
There was a great interview with Dennis on Coast to Coast am with Art Bell.. It's on YouTube, easy enough to find. I won't link it due to T & C

2 amazing brothers for sure

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I am a relative newbie to this metaphysic/ascending dna but it sound interesting can someone recommend something from these guys to watch..I am a fAn of bill hicks and have his DVD and cd...thanks...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
what was Dennis's take on the whole ascension/time acceleration topic?

i have been reading into Robert Anton Wilson and timothy Leary's books, they both make reference too Terrance and Dennis.

My opinion on the matter, is that we are in a historic period of time at the moment, and great things are soon to happen.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
i think terence mckennas material is incredible.i havent read all his books yet or seen all the vids but. hes probly the only person who ive ever truly heard talk from the heart publicly, and believed it at least(im probly wrong lots of musicians do to) he did have some crazy ideas thats for sure but where would we be today without crazy ideas sutch as sailing a ship across an ocean...or puting fish in sand to grow plants. or that maybe a mushroom is cauntious and can teach us things. cmon youd never know until you try. id like to hear more from his brother tho. just about the only stuff ive ever herd about him was in terrences material and once on the history channel on something about the timewave. so yea long live the mushrooms so terrence can live on forever...and me and you too!!!!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Synchronicity indeed. A friend and I were talking about Terence and his brother. I'm glad you mentioned his brother Dennis though. I knew about him and I knew he carried on what his brother done but I hadn't kept up with him because he is so quiet.

Would anyone like to share any new material from Dennis? And I would love to hear more detail about this crazy spell he went into after '___'.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
He seems to be a little more rational than his brother.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HighDefinitionFilms

People only talk this long if they are being paid. Did you pay them?

If not.. Then they were stringing you to get paid.

Follow the money.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HighDefinitionFilms

People only talk this long if they are being paid. Did you pay them?

If not.. Then they were stringing you to get paid.

Follow the money.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You are right- people only talk that long if they are getting paid...

Unless they are brilliant.

Like all the members here- we all "talk" for hours... and unless I missed something,
Skeptic Overlord is not paying me a penny for my thoughts-
and our thoughts are their widgets which they sell (genius by the way- user created content ecosystemic economy) and I am glad they do sell our collective ideas-
this is a priceless commodity, this community... except when alien signals intercepted

Joke

Regarding the fellow Irishmen...

They talked that long because

A) I was able to barely hang on to the ride and keep up with the conversation... they were impressed a 23 year old could I guess...

B) The topic was a doc film I wanted to make about the Timewave...

They wanted to do it- I was an award winning filmmaker by then- and they agreed to do it on the come (equity) but it went into turnaround when a cousin- a girl- of theirs wanted to make it... and she blew my deal then flaked on the film

Dennis would not talk about losing his mind

As a person who did (for religious reasons) Iboga HCL extract and went to another dimension with the Bwiti, I empathize with his reluctance to talk about that which is ineffable.

Legalize Ibogaine!

/././././.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm actually quite sad, I only discovered Terence a few weeks ago and have been watching all his vids, I presumed he was still alive. Some of his ideas go a bit far but generally he's one of the wisest people I've ever heard speak, right up there with Palden Dorje my new hero

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I do sometimes wish we could discuss *illicit* drug issues and experiences on ATS, but i understand the sites reasons for not allowing it. There is so much more to the McKennas than simply drugs, but much of the source material is interlaced with drug references so it hard to know what we can post and what we cant. The last thing i would want is for ATS to become another victim of the war on drugs and be closed down for "promoting drug use".

Hey so HighDef, what sort of movie was it going to be? Shame it never happened..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Psychedelic Adventures at the Edge of the Abyss - Hosted by Dennis McKenna - June 2011 Webinar

Dennis McKenna has put together the most epic web seminar for those interested in shamanism and the work of Terence McKenna. It is a fundraiser for his book project "The Brotherhood of the Screaming Abyss" as well. The course is only $100 and will be an interactive video chat with Dennis McKenna, Ralph Metzner, Daniel Pinchbeck, Erik Davis and Ralph Abraham.

This is the link for the course or webinar: evolverintensives.com...

The Course

This course is offered as a follow-up to the launch of the writing project and an anticipation of themes that will be explored in depth in the book, slated for release in the fall of 2012. The course will consist of four sessions, with dates set for June 5th, 12th, and 25th and July 2nd. Using live video, each webinar session will be hosted by Dennis McKenna in wide-ranging conversations with key guests who are recognized leaders on the cutting edge of post-millennial thought: Daniel Pinchbeck, Ralph Abraham, Marc Pesce, Ralph Metzner, Luis Eduardo Luna and Erik Davis.

Most have also been close personal friends of Terence and Dennis over many decades; they have shared Terence and Dennis’ fascination and preoccupations with the concepts under discussion and have been key players in the development, elaboration, and expression of these ideas. Like Terence and Dennis, they lived through the social, environmental, and political changes that have characterized our ever-accelerating race toward novelty during the late 20th century and the first decade of the 21st; in many respects, they are the people who have helped to catalyze the radical changes in global consciousness that have resulted.

Each webinar will be 90 minutes in length, with the first 60 minutes devoted to a dialog between Dennis, the host, and one or more invited guests. The format will be an informal discussion, preceded by a brief exposition outlining the main themes under consideration in that session. There will be ample opportunities for the audience to interact in real time with the host and guests following the hour-long conversation. Participants from the audience will be able to ask questions and offer their own comments and insights via live video chat, text, or email. If you can watch a YouTube video, you can take part in this course.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HighDefinitionFilms

2012- been waiting for it since, oh, 1992...

But it is worth the wait- I got a front row seat once...

I am a very lucky person.

Apparently not since you got banned for starting this thread.

new topics

top topics

join