It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
okay so in the realm of reason there are probly millions of anomolies we have not observed so normal is a loaded staement in this case.
question two what is not normal about the signal.
question three if it was all over being released to the public why only on ats did i hear the world should be humming with anticipation ?

this is proly very misleading info even though i wanna beleive.

Be Well
and i wouldnt hold your breathe people we are destined for disappointment in my veiw .??????

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

That looks like a great candidate story! At least it shows that the system works. If a signal is found, other facilities should be able to see it as well. Dr. Shuch was a little pessimistic saying the hoax set SETI back 100 years. Investigating claims that turn out to be false only sharpens the system.

Good find.

DE

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I wouldent be surprised if they let you work at nasa as an astronemer despite believing in some crazy #, at the end of the day if she runs up to an officer and throws a picture at them, ALIENS ALIENS ALIENS!!!! they are gona take one look and go

# off your fired.

I rekon with the slim chance of this not being a hoax, you could pull of that job while still believing whatever you want.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The aliens are hacking and wiping the msgs before they invade after the UV bombardment wipes us all out.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
How are they receiving these signals on Earth? isn't most UV effect washed out by air.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie_________________________________________
Folks... this is still inside information from Judy Fältskog at NASA and it has not gone public yet due to the magnitude of the findings!

Well it's public now, if you weren't aware, by posting this.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I hope i wake up tommorow with this on the news, if not its another hoaxer on the list.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

It'll probably get covered up or something by the government...

Oh, and your avatar made me laugh so hard coke was coming out of my nose ( gory detail, i know, i just had to say that xD )

[edit on 3/5/2010 by Unium]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It's true what Visitor2012 says about science, Aftermath, how can you say that you're clinging to sanity? Do you know anything of the reality you live in? To dismiss claims of quantum and new science relative to life and humanity is absurd, seeing as we derived these ideas from observation and expansion of our previous paradigms of Einsteinian thought through studying anomalies and wave mechanics.

The subconscious mind directly affects the quantum world, hence why it's impossible to measure more than one variable of these tiny particles, because the act of our intrinsic observation disturbs them enough through the energy given off through our minds to manipulate them. To say the least, the most prominent members of this school of thought advocate that our reality is entirely constructed by us. In relation to these waves being emitted I can wholeheartedly say that it makes plausible sense that these waves are meant for us to resonate with, rather than interpret with instruments. All things are plausible.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
I hope i wake up tommorow with this on the news, if not its another hoaxer on the list.

You watch the news?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

I would imagine that anyone working for NASA, who leaks findings that are, supposedly, being deemed the highest order of secrecy, on facebook, would be out of work by the morning.

Of course, I'm not sure she works for nasa and this so far smells like an attempt to garner attention for a book and a radio show.

When they target the 4th star from Crakeuria, I'll start taking them more serious.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Judy F... See Moreältskog commented on her status: "Wayne, it would seem as if this signal is not perse directed at us as a Species, but that we are now listening in on a Interstellar communication between civilisations on the Target stars I had mentioned. Only +- 1% of the signal seems modulated and the rest seems to be an advance Binary code of sorts. There are so many subcarriers budled into this signal. I dont think we have the technology on our planet at present to do this form of communication at this frequencies. We have still not reached any results, far from it. However I can say with confidence it is not Local, but definitely an Intelligence from beyond our Solar System. Wonder why SETI USA has not commented on anything yet. We are going to Stealth mode from now on, however I will keep you posted. "

I love the stealth mode bit.... Oh, and Wayne has had another 20 or so friend requests in the past ten minutes

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
Galactic Federation of Light anybody? Still, it's a shame that scientists have to be the ones to open the eyes of the skeptic masses.

Soon you will all scientifically realize that their are beings all over this planet in orbit, in atmosphere and on the surface. In all light spectrum's and densities.

This is a wander full time to be alive. Religious folk and non-spiritual folks, might have a challenge to mentally negotiate this reality, but those who have visited the higher dimensions in their conscience have known about this for quite some time. Nice to see progress being made in the 3D realm, and eyes are starting to look upwards again.

LOL I laugh at the thought when people believe in the galactic federation of light. I want proof of their DNA if they are who they say they are.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Unium

LOL, that update on FB is the nail in the coffin.

And after seeing her facebook profile and live page I thought this woman is just a bit too crazy. Maybe she got sacked from nasa years ago because of delusions, and she's sat at home having these delusions.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BladeDraven
It's true what Visitor2012 says about science, Aftermath, how can you say that you're clinging to sanity? Do you know anything of the reality you live in? To dismiss claims of quantum and new science relative to life and humanity is absurd, seeing as we derived these ideas from observation and expansion of our previous paradigms of Einsteinian thought through studying anomalies and wave mechanics.

The subconscious mind directly affects the quantum world, hence why it's impossible to measure more than one variable of these tiny particles, because the act of our intrinsic observation disturbs them enough through the energy given off through our minds to manipulate them. To say the least, the most prominent members of this school of thought advocate that our reality is entirely constructed by us. In relation to these waves being emitted I can wholeheartedly say that it makes plausible sense that these waves are meant for us to resonate with, rather than interpret with instruments. All things are plausible.

Hi Blade, you've been reading "The Tempest" be careful now, remember what happened to the Krell.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It's not SETI she works for but SETI@home. She is number 956 on a list of people who have their calculations/stats recorded:

link

SETI@home ("SETI at home") is a volunteer computing project using Internet-connected computers, hosted by the Space Sciences Laboratory, at the University of California, Berkeley, in the United States. SETI is an acronym for the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence. Its purpose is to analyze radio signals, searching for signs of extra terrestrial intelligence. It is one of many activities undertaken as part of SETI. SETI@home was released to the public on May 17, 1999

wiki link

She's on some other project called Nsearch:

link

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
exciting if true. maybe they can save us from ourselves.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

hello there ive been reading your thread and for some reason went out side just for a look , could you and anyone else in the uk at least please go outside and look at the stars . ive seen satalites before but tonight i have seen at least 10 of them . i just want someone elsa to validate it. please do this thank you. and for the record no i dont think theyre all satalites. thanks for your time .

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I........I.....I.....I told you so?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

hi ya im just looking for some validation . could you go outside and look at the stars im seeing a lot of "satalites" tonight and just want someone else to see it too

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join