It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland Flight Ban Warning Over Volcano Ash

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Flights to and from Ireland may be cancelled tomorrow due to volcanic ash, the Irish Aviation Authority has said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/5/10 by CX]

CX

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This is breaking on Sky at the moment...i'll update the thread with more info when it comes.

The weather here in the UK has been pretty rubbish over the past few days, at least it has down south, i wonder if we are in for a fresh lot of flight bans if this ash is still around?

Does anyone have any good sources regarding the ash cloud? I've not heard anything on the msm about it and now this?

CX.

After lots of edits....could i have ballsed a thread up any more?

[edit on 3/5/10 by CX]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Your link does not appear to be working. Could you try again?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
We tried to book a flight last week to ireland and it was not allowed then.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The Eyjaf Volcano has been flaring up in Activity the past day, and with slack lower-level winds (but the jetstream still overhead the Volcano) the Plume has once again managed to get up to above 20k ft in elevation.
Circumstances just happen to be sending it on a SSW direction towards Ireland at the moment, so the rest of England wont be affected, and with the new Micron regulations, depending on the consistency of the Ash, probobally won't be affected in the near-future either.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Looks set to hit North UK by Wednesday morning. Will be interesting to see what they decide to do with the airspace, I'm not sure the airlines can afford to ground any longer.

metoffice.com...

new topics

top topics

join