It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same Government Official Who Oversaw Katrina Response is in Charge of the Oil Spill!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano announced that she was changing the federal leadership of the oil spill operations. Adm. Thad W. Allen, the commandant of the Coast Guard, is now directly overseeing the work of Rear Adm. Mary E. Landry, who had been in charge of the response. Admiral Allen was in charge of the federal response to Hurricane Katrina.

www.nytimes.com...

Uh. If I remember correctly, Katrina was a huge cluster. Why are they putting the same person in charge of a potentially worse disaster. There aren't probably going to be as many lives lost, but the damage done could well be way worse.

And the same person is in charge???...There is obviously something not right with this....this stinks, and it smells way worse than oil and dead fish.....

[edit on 3-5-2010 by webpirate]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
That is crazy. So crazy. Really effin crazy.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
That has to be some sick joke.
This can't be happening...
Be right back, have to go be ill...
peace

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Oh for the love of god

Well, I almost moved there

I will just say I am glad I did not

That city just keeps getting the shaft

in a way that transcends my human understanding

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Here is more for the same article:

In his first daily briefing, Admiral Allen emphasized that capping the well was the priority.

“Estimates are useful, but we are planning far beyond that,” he said. It doesn’t really matter, the admiral said, whether it is 1,000 barrels or 5,000 barrels a day that are leaking.

Asked whether the slick was affecting shipping lanes and other offshore drilling operations, Admiral Allen said that disruptions had been minimal.

Minimal?

This is all the media and everyone else have talked about for a week...until the car bomb at least. And the impact is minimal?

And they are planning ahead for what????
There was not even a plan in place for what happened.
Are they expecting more oil to spill now? Or just trying to use smoke and mirrors to cover their already poor response?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Katrina rescue operations were first led by Michael Brown of FEMA. He was the screw up. When Allen first heard he would be asked to work under Brown he wasn't too happy about it because of the mess Brown had created. After Brown was canned Allen took over, ten days after the storm.

Allen is well qualified to oversee maritime operations.

[edit on 5/3/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

There is no doubt the environmental impact will be great.
That isn't what he was talking about.

Yes, there will more oil spilled. Plenty of it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
That has to be some sick joke.
This can't be happening...
Be right back, have to go be ill...
peace

Why do you act like this is something new? Or other words something new to you..

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Just to remind you - subsequent to the Haiti earthquake - the world looked up in hope to the 'rich' nations to assist the Haitian crisis. Not forgetting that logistical problems can arise, nonetheless the U.S. Government and others took a total of 60 hours, before aeroplanes were sent in to offer assistance, in a mad scramble where they all flew in a somewhat chaotic fashion.

Gordon Brown initially offered up a measly £6million in aid, less than the total spent on that day (mean average) on pointless 'international defence'.

Had the aid aeroplanes been sent in quicker than 60 hours - notwithstanding there may be logistical information that I am unaware of - then 10s of 1,000s of additional lives MAY have been saved.

I had a nightmare weeks ago where I kept seeing President Obama having discussions with fellow White House personnel and (the dream version) President Obama kept on saying "Wow, oh my god - what a crisis, what a disaster", and I saw images of white house personnel walking up and down the corridors constantly, and also the repeated phrase said by Obama "Adjourn for coffee. Meet in 15". Remember it was just a dream, what was really occuring in the White House during those 60 hours of course I can't be certain of !

top topics

join