It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Order You To Pee On This Battery, Soldier

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I Order You To Pee On This Battery, Soldier

gizmodo.com

If you think your gear runs out of juice at inopportune moments, consider the infantrymen of the world, whose lives depend on their gadgets maintaining a charge. Thus the MetalCell, a magnesium-based battery that charges with salt water. Or urine.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
wow

in the article they say that they base there recherche on the baghdad battery.

now we have a pee on battery

hopefully we wont have any pee on cellphone or worse put one of those battery in my wife vibrator...lol...she will never leave the bed room...

but like someone said in the comment below the article

"Urine the Army now":-)

gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

or worse put one of those battery in my wife vibrator...lol...she will never leave the bed room...

Your wife needs a vibrator?
Wow, and you tell the whole world?
You've got guts soldier!
A little splash on a battery shouldn't be too hard after that.

peace

[edit on 2-5-2010 by silo13]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hornyana_jones

hornyana_jones.....

Firstly.....I think it lowers the tone of ATS to make comments regarding "your wife's vibrator".

Secondly.....I'm not sure as to the point of your thread, so I struggle for comment.

Therefore, may I please ask you to provide a little more commentary regarding the topic upon which you have posted? (many thanks)

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The soldier just better hope there is not a kick back or they may be what is getting charge up. That would be as bad and peeing on an electric fence.

I know a man that done that. He walked funny for two days after that.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

hornyana_jones.....

Firstly.....I think it lowers the tone of ATS to make comments regarding "your wife's vibrator".

Au contraire. It raises the tone. Raises it, Son.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Chakotay]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

well first of all for the vibrator part the lol clearly show that this was humor but meaby you just dint get it...but if you dint get it it would be less apropriate to explaine it...

and for the article....it clearly talk about a battery that generate electricity with salt wather or urine

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

lol
i remember an episode of myth busters ... they put the peeing on the electric fence myth to the test

but it was busted.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

hornyana_jones.....

Au contraire. It raises the tone. Raises it, Son.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Chakotay]

OK.....

I'm thick

How's it do that?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Some things are funny, and others are crude.

This definitely falls into the funny class.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
it is cool to see that they took an ancien technology and make a modern device with it...

to me it prove that the ancien where way more advance than we think...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
And we are still using oil to run our cars.. freaking criminals! We can be running our cars on piss or salt water!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
And we are still using oil to run our cars.. freaking criminals! We can be running our cars on piss or salt water!!!!!!!!!!!

lol... that would put the old drinking and driving issue to be reconsiderate...
you would have a return on your beer spending

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
so wait... we could build a boat that can go forever on the ocean?

now I don't know how much salt is in piss, but I guess that depends on how much you retain, and your intake. So I think piss would be a last resort for charging the battery.

as for the vibrator, we all know women wouldn't even look at men if vibrators could do yard work, fix appliances, and hold a job(that receives income).

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tempesillest
so wait... we could build a boat that can go forever on the ocean?

now I don't know how much salt is in piss, but I guess that depends on how much you retain, and your intake. So I think piss would be a last resort for charging the battery.

as for the vibrator, we all know women wouldn't even look at men if vibrators could do yard work, fix appliances, and hold a job(that receives income).

same for us if we ad a dishwasher that could get you off...lol

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hornyana_jones
reply to post by fixer1967

lol
i remember an episode of myth busters ... they put the peeing on the electric fence myth to the test

but it was busted.

Do not get me started on myth busters. I quit watching that show it is a joke. It busted things I know to be true because I either seen it in person or did it my self.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
This is not advanced technology, or anything new really. It is just a normal battery. However, it is a good idea...

A common type of battery is a lead-acid battery. It uses lead (metal) and sulfuric acid to make a chemical reaction that releases energy.

There are a lot of different types of metals used, like carbon, copper, silver, and lithium for example. The device in the OP uses magnesium.

There are different types of acid that you can use as well. For instance citric acid from lemons can be used to make a battery. Even purified drinking water can have a high enough pH level to be used for a weak battery. Urine could also be used in a battery, just like the device mentioned.

In lead-acid batteries over time the lead will dissolve. I imagine the magnesium in the magnesium-urine battery will run out too, but will last a few years.

So basically, they reinvented the battery, but this one doesn't come with battery acid. You supply your own.

I bet it has "JUST ADD URINE!" on the box.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
But seriously, this is a little evidence that ancient astronauts might have been crash-landing cases.

This tech is excellent for emergency position indicating radio beacon (EPIRB) applications requiring extreme shelf-life and instant, fail-safe activation. It also sends an instant 'pilots alive' signal, just by operating. Very sophisticated.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Get two dissimilar pieces of metal and a piece of paper. Urinate on the paper and place it between the pieces of metal like a sandwich. Touch an LED's legs to each metal plate, and let there be light.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join