It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fears for crops as shock figures from America show scale of bee catastrophe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Did something big happen around 4 years ago? Maybe Mansanto started some mass spraying of roundup campaign? who knows but I'll be looking and hopefully someone somehow can find out the truth.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I must agree that if the entire world is affected with CCD, then it must be a super cause.....or one which is of the mega scale....
The effects of wild polar shifting that apears to be occurring of late is very likely a contributor if not the cause.....
Also the plants bred with artificially implanted genes which cause them to produce toxins against their enemies (pests of several persuasions,)could be a contributor...
As i have understood some of the problem, it seems the sense of direction is involved as the bees colonies are severely depopulated.....as if they could not navigate home...
Another rumoured cause is nicotinic pesticides which affect their little bee brains and gives them alziemers....
I do know that france and germany have restricted the use of these types of pesticides...so how are they faring of late?
In all it seems to me that the magnetic field disturbances are much the culprits...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
or maybe even chem trails have something to do with this???

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
When are we going to realize that our way of life is killing off too many of our co-inhabitants here on earth? We are destroying our ecosystems.

We're killing the bees, we're killing the bats, we're killing the fish, we're killing the marine animals....

Too many pesticides, too much plastic, too much oil.

I myself started a personal campaign against plastic this week - a petrolem based product. I am going out of my way to absolutely try to buy nothing with plastic in it, or surrounding it. (Do you know how hard that is?) If I must buy it, I'm recycling the plastic.

I can't stand what we are doing to the world....and the worst part about it, is that we probably won't change until we go extinct.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by nikiano]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

If we, as humans, are the culprit in some way (wi-fi e.c.t) we will not stop, at least until there is irreparable damage done. I believe this could be a natural phenomenon as well, but given the way we have harmed everything else, it very well could be us.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Its really disturbing that MSM barely covers this. Leads me to believe there is something very serious going on.

I myself feel this is related to chemtrails.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

Fears for crops as shock figures from America show scale of bee catastrophe

www.guardian.co.uk

Disturbing evidence that honeybees are in terminal decline has emerged from the United States where, for the fourth year in a row, more than a third of colonies have failed to survive the winter.

The decline of the country's estimated 2.4 million beehives began in 2006, when a phenomenon dubbed colony collapse disorder (CCD) led to the disappearance of hundreds of thousands of colonies. Since then more than three million colonies in the US and billions of honeybees worldwide have died (cont)
(visit the link for the full news article)

Bees are one of the Canary's in the coal mine for our environment. Remember bees will be the first ones to get sick or killed if there is something poisonous in our food supply. You have to understand that our ecology is almost a symbiotic relationship with each other, you take out one part of it or modify it you effect the whole chain which we are apart of. No one has ever thought about what the modified plants and crops may do to their environment. Our environment is so fragile and seeing the bees dying out every season is a precursor to a floor dropping out from under our ability to feed our people. And on top of all that, WHAT TYPE OF GOVT. WOULD ALLOW A COMPANY OR ANY SCIENTISTS TO MAKE TERMINATOR SEEDS, FIGURE THAT OUT. They are doing things with our environment that they truly don't understand.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I hate to tell you they are all at my house.I have massive hives in my 140 year old trees we have had 3 bee keepers here and they won't take them say they have to get the Queen and they can't get her.

They had the nerve to tell me if they got her it would cost me a fortune for them to take them.

I told them your the ones short on honeybee's you want them maybe I will charge you to have them.

So as it stands I have ten of thousands of them buggers if we run into a honey crisis I will be okay, my plants are looking good.

The bee keeper told us Pa was okay with its bee supply so..............

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

It is interesting to me that we are 4 years into this looming catastrophe and we still have no idea what could be causing it.

Yet another looming ecological disaster. We certainly do live in interesting times.

www.guardian.co.uk

It's Chemtrails. That the only thing they haven't actually looked at. What's the effects of the "contrails" covering the earth in massive artificial cloud cover. It has to come down somewhere. Mixing with the pollen, would be what dust does.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wash222

Its really disturbing that MSM barely covers this. Leads me to believe there is something very serious going on.

I myself feel this is related to chemtrails.

I want to toss some ideas, Im not sure how bees navigate but Ive heard they use the magnetic poles or something related to that.
Also, radiation, could that be a factor?

Cemtrails have Barium in it as it obsorbs radiation and is used for taking Xrays of cancer patients ETC. The Chemtrails could be a Radiation sheild regarding -------, also why the bees goes extinct, if they DO navigate in such manners mentioned above...

(comet NEAT)

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
SE Iowa here .... I have not seen single honeybee here in years ... until today. I found several buzzing around my blooming clematis. A pleasant surprise, I hope they stick around!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Forgot to mention, I barely see them around anymore but the ones that I do see are either dead or half dead, very small and sickly. They look like they are drunk to me.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This absolutely kills me. My family kept bees forever. I cant cuz I live in a residential area. Too many restrictions due to africanized bee possibility.

so be it (no pun intended).

Bees are wonderful. I play with them sometimes if i find a loner. they crawl on my finger until they get bored and leave. good natured little things.

so sad.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
There is a wild hive in a next door neighbor tree that is doing just fine.
In fact it swarmed about a month ago.

And there are plenty of cell phone towers around.
and about two days later i saw another swarm about a mile away.

What there is not in my area is GM crops none within 50 miles as this is desert and not a farming area.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

No yet, they have no gotten that far yet, one of the problems that organic growers have with GM crops is during the pollination peak when the pollen from GM plants infecting the organic crops.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Used to keep bees on our farm when I was a kid. I had the idea the other day that it might be interesting to start encouraging "pet bees".

Most commercial guys take the hives to farms or orchards to work. The bees are exposed to a lot of pesticides that way.

It might be better to have small "pet hives" of Italian bees that people could raise in their yards, at least if they're in the outer reaches of the 'burbs like I am. Not for robbing, necessarily, but just to have a bee population spread out off the farms, working the local wildflowers and clover and not doing farm or orchard work.

Was going to buy a hive setup this year for just that but I couldn't get the bees I wanted, started too late in the year. A nice set of varroa resistant Italians would be nice, a 3 pound box in a small hive to start. Also teach the kids something about apiculture.

edit: I went out into the woods a few weeks ago to see if I could beeline a wild hive. No luck. Five years ago there were a lot more wild bees than I see now.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Bedlam]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

What government will allow a company to tamper with food supplies DNA and never testing their products to see how humans will react to them.

Then any independent test done is put aside and kept from the public eyes.

The biggest warning is not for our generation but the generations to come, the mothers passing the GM crap into their babies during gestation.

We need to put a stop to this genetic profiting that is just poisoning our food.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The GN crops have been advertised as insect resistant.
What is the mechanizum that performs this in the plant?
Is it Pollen?
Or a substance in the plant?

Could the build up of these material's in the natural environment that is affecting them?

---Watcher

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by n120by60w

When a plant is genetically "engineer" the entire plant is modify, so every cell in the plant that is made insect resistant and fungus resistance have their genes change in every part of the plant.

How Genetic Engineering Works,

“… in order to understand the risks associated with GMOs, I’m going to back up and talk about the process of creating a genetically modified organism because if we understand that, then a whole host of things that can go wrong all of a sudden become clear.

… The biotech industry gives you this impression that it’s a very clean process. We just take a gene from a species and carefully splice it into another, and the only thing that’s different is it’s producing some new beneficial protein to produces some trait.

This is far from the truth.

What they do is – let’s say you want to create a corn plant that produces a pesticide. So you go to the soil bacterium called BT for “Bacillus thuringiensis” and you change it so it’s more toxic, and you make millions of copies of the gene.

You actually put a piece of a virus there which turns it on, it’s called the promoter. It’s the “on” switch that turns this gene on, 24/7, around the clock.

You make millions of copies and you put it in a gun and you shoot that gun into a plate of millions of cells, hoping that some of the genes make it into the DNA of some of those cells. Then you clone those cells into plants.

Now the process of insertion and cloning causes massive collateral damage in the DNA that could have higher levels, and do have higher levels, of allergens and toxins.

… Anti-nutrients of soybeans that are genetically engineered have as much as seven times higher the amount of a known allergen cold trypsin inhibitor when compared to non-GM soy, in their cooked state.

There is a new allergen in genetically modified corn. There is a new anti-nutrient in the [GM] soy which blocks the absorption of nutrients.

They don’t look for these things. These are found after they’re on the market by some few of the independent researchers that are doing their work.”

articles.mercola.com...

The side effects of this plants are now been manifecting into the population of consumers with very damaging results to the health of humans and animals.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
interesting, it's hard to 'keep up to date' with the bee population, so that's probably why it's been 4 years and no one still knows what's going on...

one thing though, if you have a garden or lots of weeds or flowers that could attract bees, you can take a 2 X 4 or any other suitable peice of wood, drill varying size holes in it and nail it up hole side down... bumble bees will be tempted to lay eggs in an already prefashioned bee hole

probably won't save their numbers, but couldn't hurt, or at least if you have a garden and are worried about the 'bee problem' because you need insects to pollinate your plants, setting up these roosts could at least supply your garden alone with the polination and bee numbers it needs!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join