It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military tells Congress to keep gay ban, for now! No plan to deal with opposition in Ranks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
The military doesnt accept anybody "the way they are". They have physical and mental standards that prevent lots of well meaning folks from service.

Agreed! And if anyone, gay or straight, can meet these physical and mental standard, they should be permitted to serve.

Wanna cause trouble?

Me? No.

Force Americans to accept your twisted views...the same way you refuse to accept the standards of men much greater than you.

I don't want to force Americans to accept anything. I don't care if they accept it or not. They can resist it till their death, that's fine with me. I just want them to obey the laws and the Constitution. I could not care less how they feel about gay people. That's their problem, not mine.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

Don't bother with bh.

He/she is so pro gay that it doesn't really care about how the rest of the world feels or how something as big as this might impact a community.

He/she has to have it its way or no way.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miracle Man
He/she is so pro gay that it doesn't really care about how the rest of the world feels or how something as big as this might impact a community.

If you knew BH at all, you'd know that what you're saying is pretty much BS.
I am no more "pro-gay" (whatever that is) than I am "pro-straight" (whatever that is). What I am is pro-Constitution. What I am is pro-14th and 9th Amendments. I understand that these may not mean anything to you, but they mean something to me.

And I am here stating my opinion about it.

One thing you do have correct. When it comes to equal rights for ALL people, I don't give a good crap what the bigots in the world "feel" about it or how uncomfortable they are. So, you do get a point for that.

He/she has to have it its way or no way.

Clearly, I don't have my way, or we wouldn't be having this discussion, if you want to call it that.

<< 1   >>

join