It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange noises around my yard?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Just the other night (Sunday night I believe) I was getting out of my car around 9:15pm in my drive-way. I heard this crazy sound that I had never heard before. This sound came from something to the Southern portion of my yard or maybe a Southbound neighbors yard. Whatever it was made some dogs bark up something crazy. The neighbors dogs were freaking out but I didn't hear the noise anymore after that until much later.

A bit of dramatic irony now, my mother (while I was in my room playing some Elder Scrolls) was talking on the phone with my sister. My mom actually had heard the noise as well as my sister (over the phone, nonetheless!). My sister said not to worry about a flashlight (which my mother was running to get) because it sounded like something that would "rip your face off." Now, when my mom heard it, she said it came from the Eastern or Northern area of our yard. I thought it was substantially interesting that my sister heard the noise over the phone. That had to be at least a little loud to be heard over the phone. So, okay...we both heard it so far and then we were both inside for several hours.

Eventually, around 2:30am my mom and I went outside. She was going out to smoke and she said to me something like "I wonder if I'll hear that noise again." To which I replied, "You heard a noise too?" and the response, of course: "Yes."
We go outside with a flashlight and wouldn't you know it...The creature made a noise again. In fact, it made 5-10 fairly loud noises. My mother, growing up in the mountains of PA really has heard pretty much every animal that roams around these areas. She assumed it might be a bird but not one she's ever heard.

Interestingly, I have my own theory. It is somewhat influenced by the media's portrayal of lizard-like humanoids (i.e. reptilians), but I believe it could be possible. The noise, sounded like it had three stages. The first part sounded similar to a human rolling it's tongue (Not unlike in the Spanish language's rolling of some 'R's) but for maybe half a second to a full second, and not quite as quick. It then immediately went into a high pitched yelling noise and without any sort of pause went back to the "rolling of the tongue." The reason I said about the reptilians was because it almost sounded somewhat close to a clicking noise every time it rolled. If you know what I mean. If I can I'll try and catch it somehow with maybe a voice recorder or something. It hasn't been around since that night though. Also, we tried to catch a glimpse of it but no luck. We aimed the flashlight everywhere we could in the ours and the neighbors yard but we couldn't see it at all. When we heard the noises the last time they came from the East.

Finally, a bit of interesting info. I called the local Ufologist Stan Gordon to report the account. He said that within the previous 24 hours of my report, someone from my neighboring county reported the same thing and maybe had some photographs of it. Mr. Gordon hasn't sent me any updates yet. These reports came from the Southwestern area of the state of Pennsylvania. My individual report came from Westmoreland County. If anyone's around this area...keep an ear out and a camera or video camera ready, I'm incredibly curious as to what it was.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I am in Australia and it sounds like you heard a possum. I have heard they live in your neck of the woods too. The first white explorers here assumed they had found devils when they heard them fight at nighttime. I have a bunch in my area. As well as flying foxes. Do they live in your area. Or any other large bat.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
That's really interesting. I would be doubtful to think it was a possum, but then again I've never heard one. So, I'll definitely keep that in mind. As far as flying foxes, we don't have any around at least SW Pennsylvania. We have bats, but I don't know about any large ones. I had originally thought it could have been a bat but I was thinking maybe not. It still could be, though same with a possum. I want to hear it again and maybe snap a picture of it. We really have a TON of possum around here. So, if it's nothing out of the ordinary that might be our best guess.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
It could be a Fisher Cat. I believe they live in that area. Listen to the videos on these links and see if it is a similar sound

fishercatscreech.com...

fishercatscreech.com...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by glitch88

What is a fisher cat?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pablos

They are related to weasels and skunks. Quite the voracious predator.
Click the links. There is plenty of information with pictures there.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

Just did a quick search and the hoary bat might fit the bill. It will have arrived in your area in the last couple of weeks to nest. Maybe check that angle. Hope I could help

www.batmanagement.com...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Personally, I don't swallow the lizard-people stories; but hey! Elderscrolls rocks!

Now, I've heard a sound that fits your 1,2,3 ... squirrel.

Heard it everyday for awhile; then, the cat started bringing 'home' newborn baby squirrels for snacks.

Then, we caught the cat red-handed up the tree the next day and saw and heard the squirrel.

It was his warning sound.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
So far, the fisher cat might have been the closest however still lacked the "rolling of the tongue" attribute. I'm not sure what to make of it...still no word from Stan Gordon yet either. It still could be any of those things especially a squirrel I suppose...I couldn't find a squirrel sound file that sounded like it though. I'll keep looking around.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Your post reminded me of sounds heard outside once, listening to a police scanner we heard reports of someone hearing a lion like sound outside their home. Others were calling in saying they heard lions, bulls, and an assortment of other animals. The police arrived in the area which was downtown, in the business section and also a subdivision nearby, to listen to the police talk about this was hilarious. It was cows. A bull had kicked out a wall at the cattle barns (cattle sales every wed) and the cows and bull had escaped and were running down the railroad tracks and into town. One female cop called back and said 'I found it, it is a bull, now what do I do?" the response was 'keep it there' and she came back saying how the hell is she supposed to do that? LOL!

Anyway most likely your sounds are some type of animal like in this situation.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Oh crap I'm sorry, I thought I was keeping it down. Damn those Taco Bell Fiesta Bowls to hell!

No seriously though, you don't know what size it is, what it is and what it wants. Could be a new animal to your area.
Could be one that you're familiar with making an uncommon noise with their voice (you would not believe the noises that come out of my 3.5 lb chihuahua when I won't let him pick a fight with my 160 lb bulldog).
Hell, maybe David Icke is right and Hillary Clinton and The Queen are fighting it out for new feeding grounds.

Anyway, my point is essentially that you don't know what this thing's intentions are, or if it's even a weirded out rabid zebra escaped from another dimension.

Dr. Magnus prescribes a bolt action .22 with CCI Stinger ammo STAT. It'll kill anything small and do enough damage to something larger for it to say "ALRIGHT! I'll STOP!" Self defense should be the priority if you're going to make any attempt to look for the source.

Unless you're like me. Then just make perimeter patrols with a ROMAK in full bio-chem containment suits. At least your neighbors won't talk to you anymore.

[edit on 5/3/10 by Magnivea]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
There are birds chirping at night here.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I asked the spirits and ets .... appear to me ... I stayed one month without sleep

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
hmm. By the sounds of it you gots yourself a critter ;D

Dood I have a couple of suggestions for your animal

1# it does sound like a squirrel the way you describe it, but I havent heard it yet so I dunno.

2# Possum for sure, these are some mean sounding critters and they stink to.

3# Cougars, these cats have screams that sound like women crying bloody murder. their yowls probablly sound more vicious then other big cats. (to me that is)

4# have any ground hogs or prarie dogs around, I dont know if they make a sound like you described. Them being rodents though I wouldnt expect much different then what you described.

?# Sasquatch
haha. You never know man, sassafras has more command over vocal language then most of us think. Im not saying they speak our language, but they do have lips, a tounge, teeth and vocal cords. Heres a link the BFRO sound page, with some clips you can listen to.
www.bfro.net...

top topics

join