It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its May already! Could time be speeding up?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
So ive just had lunch on a nice saturday afternoon here in oz and ive realised its the 1st of may. This could just be me but it feels like I was celebrating new years just a few weeks ago. It feels as though the months tick by faster than they did ten years ago. Anyone else have this sensation?

I know it cannot be proven or disproven because if time is speeding up then the clocks speed up too. So measurments from instruments immersed in our space time would show constant rate of time. But perhaps on a metaphysical note it is the interdimensional aspects of our consciousness which mean we have a deeper insight on time than our illusery linear progression which we assume does not accelerate. Hence the sensations of consciousnes related time dialation, such as "time flies when your having fun". But what about on a collective level, if others feel the same way then perhaps there is something happening to time itself rather than just the perciever. Many say we are nearing the end of a cycle of time, this could be related.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I read that the older You get, the quicker time seems to pass.

For e.g. if You are 50, the year represents 1/50th of your life and time. I know it feels like time is speeding time, certainly does....but then again I'm getting old

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

your perception of time speeds up with each passing second...

Allow me..
to a one year old baby one year is 100% of its little life... quite a long time to them...

At ten a single year is 1/10 of your life still seems like it takes forever.

If you make it to 100 then one year would be 1% of your life and that just flies by!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
well, time sometimes feel quick and sometimes it feel slow.

It kinda fluctuated for me and I have the same state of mind at those time of being aware.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
I read that the older You get, the quicker time seems to pass.

For e.g. if You are 50, the year represents 1/50th of your life and time. I know it feels like time is speeding time, certainly does....but then again I'm getting old

Yeah Ive heard this too and what I was thinking was that it could be the neurological changes in each indivdual or something related to perception in the brain.
OR
It could be that time goes faster so as you get older you begin to compare your sensation of time many years ago to the sped up rate you experience now, further down the timline. Hence why almost all old people descibe this.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

It could be that time goes faster so as you get older you begin to compare your sensation of time many years ago to the sped up rate you experience now, further down the timline. Hence why almost all old people descibe this.

ITA with this. My parents and grandparents all say this. Now either time is actually speeding up for everyone or it really is just perception as you get older.

I think that it's also a function of how busy you are. People are busier than ever before. When I'm busy at school, involved in some project, the hours and days just fly by. When I'm bored, it crawls by.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Nope i think the times has changed for some reason.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Well, the older I get, the better I was. So to speak.

And damn it OP, you had to remind me that it was the beginning of May.

Oh well, another year older, another IQ point lost.

I like my sign of the Zodiac, the Bull. Not that I give that any credence, just some information.

As per your time component, older the Bull, harder the horn.

The older the Bull they usually become a little grumpier, hence: Frell with the Bull and GET the horn.

There are about ten more but I do not want to derail. Anyway, time is relative. And I am relatively young, at least I think I am, this damn mad cow I have is a bitch!

edit to add-that last one has about three meanings

[edit on 4/30/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

For the most part, I think time seems to speed up as we get older because, in a way, we get slower. Physically we can't be as quick as we used to be. Mentally, we seem to think things through more, we're not as impulsive as we were. We don't react to time as quickly as we used to.

These are all pretty much subconcience "traits" if you will. We don't think about such things so much, if at all, therefore we don't notice it happening as it happens.

On the other hand, there's always that last 5 minutes of the work day,whether you're 16 or 61, that seem to go by rrrreeeaaallll........... ssslllooowwwwww

Peace

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
since your speaking of seasonal rate of time accelerating OP i think there is validity to the claim that the months are speeding up, the seasons depend on the earths rotation and the rotation may be accelerated by things like earthquakes.

although the calendar and clock may have some kind of connection to that time wave zero theory.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I too think that the sensation of time speeding up is due to old age but for those who want another possibility there was a thread dealing with nibiru and 2012 that had a video that I will link.

Fast forward to 9:15 into the movie and there is an explanation as to what could be going on.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

It has always been may! Time can't speed up, its not going anywhere! This whole relativity idea is insane. Time can't go outside of itself so it isn't moving anywhere. I mean really, where is time going to move? Outside of matter? Into a vacuum? Where is it going!?

Mybe you are beginning to live outside of time and the change is perceived as, its moving faster. Mybe you are starting to notice time more because we are evolving away from it, mybe you notice something different about the perspective of time. I don't know where time is accelerating to. It is just an idea. The idea of keeping track of time with measurements we created that can't really be created. Measurement is just a lie. It is an illusion of perspective, or ego.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by onequestion]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
George Noory has coined a term for this phenomenon. He calls it the "Quickening" and basically relates it to the elevation of the frequency of humanity as we move towards ascension.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3
George Noory has coined a term for this phenomenon. He calls it the "Quickening" and basically relates it to the elevation of the frequency of humanity as we move towards ascension.

I don't know about George Noory but the above sentence is basically correct.

Consciousness is compounding upon the planet. Everything is contained within this consciousness. This includes time. So yes time is speeding up but everything is. The thing is that by our old space/time matrix definitions, time is something we quantify by measurement thus it can be perceived. Even though time's fundamental principal is in fact illusionary.

There is much happening outside of what we can perceive due to the influx of consciousness. Time just happens to be a concept humans grasp. Why? Because time is man made.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Universal Light]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I don't know, but it seems like time is speeding up insanely fast.

The weeks just keep flying by.

Seriously, this is insane.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
i'm with ya on time speeding up - my bday is in 10 days, i'll be 34 but still feel 17 although my body tells me i'm 50....

seems like time has flown by, i have talked with people from many different backgrounds and ages about this. i think we are in the quickening....

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
no ....No......NO !!! Time is not speeding up, your Old brain is just slowing down.

creating the perspective of time speeding up. Has anyone considered that theory ??

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

It truly is perception, but often it is helpful in making you realize how short life is. Now if you will excuse me, I have a fiancée to hug and kiss!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

I like how you describe this. Hah. It seems so easy yet i have a lot of difficulty explaining my personal experience in such a way.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Time isn't speeding up. That's crazy.

Time passes one second at a time.

A time line has no effect on children because they don't recognize it as important. It only seems like time is flying by to us as we age is because it becomes evident of how short life really is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join