It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Larry King Live (tonight, 4/30) Topic: Are Aliens a Threat?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

Well I think he also agrees to an extent, especially after saying that they wouldn't want anything to do with us really. He seems contradictory almost, I find its hard to see where he really stands, whereas the rest of the guests are pretty clear.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonman1111

Care to elaborate on their motives? I'm not meaning to come across condencending but rather inquisitve as to why you feel they are ruling us and why they would?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

They infest nearly all the world governments and positions of power. They're worthless, thats why they do it lol.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Moonman1111]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

I agree, i think hes high or something, but also remember him saying aliens would be here the next 5 years or so. I guess he his contradicting himself

[edit on 30-4-2010 by sam_inc]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Will someone please tell me why programs on this subject must include the obligatory Hollywood "expert" (aka; Dan Akroyd) ? Hell, I belong to MUFON. That alone and one's point of view is not good enough, IMO.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
They mentioned a special on the same or similiar topic on the
Dscovery Channel in two days- Sunday night. That could interesting.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by manta78]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Viper2

I don't keep a record of when, where, and how I waste my time but tonight's Larry King show was one wasted hour. At no time did I see these highly educated people use any logic, common sense, and reason. It was all speculation, what if, suppose, it could be, etc. There was nothing of use in that hour.

Hawking had no business addressing UFOs or aliens.
Kaku is out of this world breathing rarefied air.
Shupak is the alien signal everyone's waiting for.
Aykroyd is just a big unfunny buffoon who perpetuates b.s.
The astronomer was the only level-headed guest and he didn't say much.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up!
Am watching it now.

Steven Hawking is on right off the bat.
Now I see whats up and where this going.
I may be way off here but it smells of propaganda from watching the first couple minutes. It plays into the fear (and thus the killing) people have for others who are different.
(It is on the CorporateNewsNetwork after all)
Heck, there are prolly some good ol boys out there who would love to shoot 'em up an alien just to mount it on their wall!

No wonder they dont stop and visit!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
here's the show in case somebody missed it

part 2
www.youtube.com...

part 3
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
Thanks for the heads up!
Am watching it now.

I may be way off here but it smells of propaganda from watching the first couple minutes. It plays into the fear (and thus the killing) people have for others who are different.
Heck, there are prolly some good ol boys out there who would love to shoot 'em up an alien just to mount it on their wall!

You telling me you wouldn't like to have a stuffed lizard blood sucker on your wall or a deadbeat grey?
it beats what happens to their soul when they die

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonman1111

Originally posted by dodadoom
Thanks for the heads up!
Am watching it now.

You telling me you wouldn't like to have a stuffed lizard blood sucker on your wall or a deadbeat grey?
it beats what happens to their soul when they die

No thanks, I'm more the "to each his/her/it's own galaxy" type!

Aliens have a soul?

(Edit, hey there's a thread title!)

[edit on 1-5-2010 by dodadoom]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
So what's up with Stephen Hawkings? Is he really as brilliant has everyone makes him out to be? Seems like just a brainy nerd. Not the end all be all of human intelligence. I feel sorry for the guy but come on. I liked the asian guy. He made some good points. But NONE of them brought up ANYTHING regarding ancient astronaut theory or ancient knowlegdge and ancient civilizations and their focus on ETs/UFOs. That was really surprising. I think aliens are here and have been visiting for a long time. Since our inception as human beings and many have left and have no interest in our planet or human beings.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Just got done watching it. I am really glad they didn't give any hardcore skeptics airtime about their "theories" on how there is no other intelligent life in the universe. Those hardcore skeptics are such a waste of time.

The panel was good and Dan Akroyd was funny, yet he brought up some good points that the others had no answers to.

They mentioned the WOW Signal too which was good to see.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Wow, Larry, that was entirely pointless. Thanks. I've only heard Michio Kaku say the same thing on ten different occasions now. And why is SETI Seth on the show again? And Dan Aykroyd, your blathering was just embarrassing. I'm not sure who the other guy was, but I liked what he said about people being too certain.

Larry needs to get Robert Hastings on again. I recently listened to an interview with Hastings, who said that if he is asked to appear on Larry King again he is going to try to bring Bernard Haisch with him. Unfortunately, Larry only gives his guests about thirty seconds at a time to speak. Oh well.

If you are unfamiliar with Haisch, dig him here:

www.ufoskeptic.org...

You won't be disappointed.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viper2
Link: larrykinglive.blogs.cnn.com...

I think this episode is regarding Stephen Hawkings theory.

Suddenly it seems that there is more interest in ETs and UFOs.

Are we coming closer to disclosure?

Hi Viper2, if scientific icons like Stephen Hawkings comes forward in 2010 sayings things like this below and which far out most people will without a doubt except as being how it really is, what do you think must be disclosed then?

Don’t you think either that it is all only meant to keep most Earthlings still completely in the dark regarding the ET presence here?

I now turn to the second big question: Are we alone, or is there other life in the universe? We believe that life arose spontaneously on the Earth, so it must be possible for life to appear on other suitable planets, of which there seem to be a large number in the galaxy.

But we don't know how life first appeared. We have two pieces of observational evidence on the probability of life appearing. The first is that we have fossils of algae from 3.5 billion years ago. The earth was formed 4.6 billion years ago and was probably too hot for about the first half billion years. So life appeared on earth within half a billion years of it being possible, which is short compared to the ten billion-year lifetime of a planet of Earth-type. This suggests that a probability of life appearing is reasonably high. If it was very low, one would have expected it to take most of the ten billion years available.

On the other hand, we don't seem to have been visited by aliens .

I am discounting the reports of UFOs .

Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos ?

If there is a government conspiracy to suppress the reports and keep for itself the scientific knowledge the aliens bring, it seems to have been a singularly ineffective policy so far.

Furthermore, despite an extensive search by the SETI project, we havent heard any alien television quiz shows.

This probably indicates that there are no alien civilizations at our stage of development within a radius of a few hundred light years.

Issuing an insurance policy against abduction by aliens seems a pretty safe bet .

www.ted.com...

[edit on 1/5/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker
If you are unfamiliar with Haisch, dig him here:
www.ufoskeptic.org...
You won't be disappointed.

Orkojoker.....

I was not aware of Haisch.

That is a very interesting article - thank you.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
How ignorant and closed minded is Stephen Hawking?! In his short interview with Larry King he presumes to know exactly what alien life would be like. He says they will have mouths because they will need to eat sustenance. Why does he presume they would be the same biological, carbon based life forms as us?

He says they will have legs because they'll need to move around. He of all people should realise that there are other ways to get around than on two human legs and that an advanced race may have employed their technology in these matters.

The rest of his 'interview' is made up of bad jokes and a plug for his new book. I wonder if that has anything to do with his recent statements? He has also questioned why UFO's only appear to cranks and weirdos. If he bothered to do any research he would see that this is not the case.

As for the rest of the show there seems to be two main messages emphasised. The first is that aliens would be hugely more advanced than us and would be already aware of us and would contact us first.

The second is that the only life we will discover with our technology is microbial.

I have a hunch that some microbial life will be discovered pretty soon.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
here's the show in case somebody missed it

www.youtube.com...

part 2
www.youtube.com...

part 3
www.youtube.com...

Hi easynow, thanks for posting these vids.

I was wondering if it was already on youtube, but then I saw your post.
I go see it.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
After I said I go see it, I immediately started part one because I was really curious to what would being said in that show by Stephen Hawkings, Michio Kaku, Seth Shostak, David Brin and last but not least Dan Aykroyd.

But right from the start due the answers given by Stephen Hawkings on some questions of Larry King I thought; O my god, is this really true, is this not some kind of nasty dream, how on Earth can he, this great scientist, the man for whom I always had so much respect comes with such sayings on such a serious manner which he obviously really believes as being the real deal when in reality the ET’s flying circles around our most advanced aircrafts.

Larry; in your mind, what would an ADVANCED Alien look like?

Hawking; they are bound to have a mouth opening because they have to take nutrition.

They would probably have legs because they need to move around.

And they will need eyes,

but don’t expect them to look like Marilyn Monroe.

Then right after that, Michio Kaku, that other great scientist comes with this.

Kaku; the Aliens are not coming invade any time soon, and on.

WHOOOOUW, that must be very enlightened and reassuring indeed for far out most people.

After that came Seth Shostak, David Brin with their insight.

So far I could not believe what I just heard, and because I expected a ride in some really whirligig, I stretched my back, put myself very tightly in my chair and pressed on play again only because Dan Aykroyd is also on this show and I would like to hear what he would say this time about this all in this assembly.

When Dan started to say his views on things, it’s funny [if it was funny] to see how Kaku, Shostak and Brin starting at some point smiling at a "what a nonsense" way one cannot miss.

What I absolutely don’t understand from these no doubt intelligent people is this, are they really not aware of what is going on [which I cannot amagine] or do they know what’s going on and are “forced/pressed” in some way to debunk it publicly all away like they do.

Dan, in my opinion are you the only one in that assembly who tells how it is and who give the UFO/ET reality the serious attention it must have
while those others come only forward by telling very unrealistic and misleading information.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
And now that I've read the replies and one mentions Michio Kaku, I'm doubly outta here!

[edit on 30-4-2010 by The Shrike]

I do not like kaku either, i think he is like a nazi scientist, that knows the horrendous things america is doing and loves it. No human rights for people like him.

He would of been ideal for the nazis, someone who can talk down to the people, while loving there being no human rights to protect us from people like him, lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join