It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all Muslims a Threat to Christians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

Problem is a lot of "extremists" don't hate us because of our western ways. It is my understanding that they don't care for the way the U.S. favors Israel above all others. I think they just wish for a bit of "fairness" in that regard. In my opinion if Israel would just pull it's troops out of the Palestinian land that they are occupying we wouldn't have as big a problem as we do. Israel invades Palestinian land, the U.S. defends their actions and thus gets a huge target on its back. Perhaps it's time the U.S.A reviews it's foreign policy in the middle east....

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Can you quote your boss? Not that we don't believe you but without knowing exactly what he says it had to draw a conclusion. If your boss really believes that then he is mistaken. It is doubtful that most muslims would become suicide bombers. However that doesn't let islam off the hook nor is it likely that you will ever see a Gandhi, a Dalai Lama, or, a Mother Teresa arise from within islam. And before you even start, yes christian rulers have been guilty of heinous crimes as has the catholic church. Doesn't excuse islam though. Do you know anything about the massacres during the muslim conquests of India? If you want to throw in the crusades, they were a reaction to renewed persecution of christian pilgrims to the Holy Land, which by the way had been islamized by conquest and had been christian and jewish since the fall of Rome. During the actual colonization, of the Holy Land (which lasted 200 years) christians, jews and muslims lived in relative harmony. Note I did not say freedom. There wasn't a lot of freedom anywhere in the known world at that time. It might behoove you to read "Among Criminal Muslims. A Psychologist’s Experience from the Copenhagen Municipality" by Nicolai Sennels, a Danish psychologist who worked for several years with young criminal Muslims in a Copenhagen prison. It will give you some insight into the difference in cultural patterns of the west and islamic nations.

As Winston Churchill said:

""Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it.

No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith."

Originally posted by earthdude
My boss thinks that all Muslims are terrorists. He thinks all non-Christians should be kicked out of America. I told him I had Muslim friends who are normal people and don't want to kill anyone. He told me they were lying. I have met several people who share this view. Who is denying ignorance here? How many of you agree with my boss?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
You're dead wrong. Neither Hamas or the PLO will be satisfied until Israel is destroyed. Israel pulled out of Gaza and most of the West Bank. Look what they get, rockets. Are they completely innocent? Who is? But consider the context. It is irrefutable that Israel has been attacked by a coalition of Arab states multiple times and remins under the gun. Iran has called for the destruction of the Jewish state more than once. And yes, the '56 war counts.

Originally posted by ElijahWan
reply to post by expat2368

Problem is a lot of "extremists" don't hate us because of our western ways. It is my understanding that they don't care for the way the U.S. favors Israel above all others. I think they just wish for a bit of "fairness" in that regard. In my opinion if Israel would just pull it's troops out of the Palestinian land that they are occupying we wouldn't have as big a problem as we do. Israel invades Palestinian land, the U.S. defends their actions and thus gets a huge target on its back. Perhaps it's time the U.S.A reviews it's foreign policy in the middle east....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
My boss thinks that all Muslims are terrorists. He thinks all non-Christians should be kicked out of America. I told him I had Muslim friends who are normal people and don't want to kill anyone. He told me they were lying. I have met several people who share this view. Who is denying ignorance here? How many of you agree with my boss?

People are just people man, some are cool.. others suck.. your boss sounds like a pseudo intellectual who actually believes the muslim propaganda.

Remind him of how a 1930s political party propaganda campaign labeled a generalized "them" as a scape goat for rights erosion, spying, police state and aggressive wars.

Or not, doesn't sound as if his mind is open enough for silly ideas like learning from historys mistakes, if 2010 Muslims are Nazi Germany Jews to him.. there's not much anyone can do.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well we may disagree on some threads but I’ve gotta take your side on this one...

You boss, in my opinion, is wrong!!

I have worked with many Muslims over the years and have some very close Muslim friends...

There is good and bad in every religion!

If every Muslim was a terrorist then London, Paris, New York, Washington, Sydney Etc... would all be giant dust bowls

Edit to add...

I think your boss maybe one of the idiots i was talking about here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Oops.. Forgot what was going to say..

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Expat888]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I have an on-again off-again relationshop with a couple of family members that are absolutely convinced Muslims are:

1) All Terrorists, even the children.
2. When called upon ALL Muslims will participate in Jihad, killing Christians.
3) The only reason why Muslims are in America, is to 'seed the USA' in order to 'take it over'.

I don't need to site any more of their beliefs, you get the idea...

These two people actively go from city to city in their area showing anti-Muslim films, preaching anti-Muslim diatribe, and propaganda.

They are older folks and the last time I talked to the one he said 'I'm glad I'm at the end of my life so I don't have to watch my grandchildren being beheaded by Muslims, or being forced to pray to their god satan.

He says he 'knows the quran inside and out' and will quote scripture after scripture where Muslims are incited to kill the Infidels. Where as in the bible we are told only to love. (I agree with the last part)...

Anyway, lol, now you know why it's an on-again off-again relationship with these folks.

They've gone completely around the bend and at every possible opportunity bring up the subject and try to force me into a conversation.

I tell them, as a Christian I cannot agree with Muslims, but, I respect their right to believe as they do.

Talk about setting off a war! I'm now a 'traitor to my God', a 'fool', a 'disappointment to the family and someone who 'deserves exactly what I get at the hands of Muslims.'...

When - in the heat of the moment - I asked them about all the death and killing in the bible?

They had an answer for that also.

It was in the Old testament. And, is not applicable any longer.

So, there's no winning with them.

And they are truly afraid for the Nation of the USA - that it will suffer, and fall, and die, at the hands of Muslims.

My take?

I just don't know anymore.

Do I believe all Muslims are bad? No.

Are some? You bet.

WHICH CAN BE SAID FOR ALL RADICALS

peace

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It really hurts free thinkers when we can't educate those close to us. I had an evangelist girlfriend who sided with the Muslim haters. I had to let her go. The ignorance just hurt me too bad. Maybe if these haters could meet a Muslim that they liked, then they would understand. They say that with smarts, capitalism, hard work, and a little luck you can be rich. My boss is rich so smarts don't count for much.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I see this all the time people seem to hold some strange belief that all Muslims hate us, sympathise with terrorists and want us dead. Quite simply not true.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Dosen't all religion divide?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Dosen't all religion divide?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

It really hurts free thinkers when we can't educate those close to us.

It does.
It makes my stomach queasy to listen to them - besides making my head and heart hurt!

And then to hear them turn right around and start telling Muslim jokes.
And I'll tell you I was SHOCKED at the jokes.
I mean not just like the old Polish jokes, a little harmless fun (though no racist joke is harmless actually) but I'm talking jokes that were downright MEAN and UGLY.

So I told them a joke... I'll write it up here but I don't remember where I heard it.

A man is taking a walk in Central park in New York.
Suddenly he sees a little girl being attacked by a pit bull dog.
He runs over and starts fighting with the dog.
He succeeds in killing the dog and saving the girl's life.
A policeman who was watching the scene walks over and says: "You are a hero," tomorrow you can read it in all the newspapers: "Brave New Yorker saves the life of little girl."
The man says: "But I am not a New Yorker!"
"Oh, then it will say in newspapers in the morning: Brave American saves life of little girl" - the policeman answers.
"But I am not an American!" - says the man.
"Oh, what are you then?"
The man says: "I am a Saudi!"
Then next day the newspapers say: "Islamic extremist kills innocent American dog."

Ok I found the link - here

Anyway, needless to say not only could they not see my point, but, they saw no humor in the joke either... Even following their sick Muslim jokes.

I just don't get it - is what I kept saying - I just don't get it.

Sadly they though I was referring to their jokes...

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join