It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 214
<< 211  212  213    215  216  217 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

You do realize that anyone who reads this thread can see that you used the word "videotape" again. You should try reading things carefully.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Are you clowns STILL trying to justify NASA "losing" thousands of invaluable and irreplaceable videotapes of the most epic events in history? Really?

Again the tapes are not all VIDEO! NASA used AMPEX Tape systems to record data streams, in various multipurpose forms, as others and I have previously stated numerous times in this thread.

Its like using a TAPE system to back up your computer data. Understand?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by theability

Are you clowns STILL trying to justify NASA "losing" thousands of invaluable and irreplaceable videotapes of the most epic events in history? Really?

Again the tapes are not all VIDEO! NASA used AMPEX Tape systems to record data streams, in various multipurpose forms, as others and I have previously stated numerous times in this thread.

Its like using a TAPE system to back up your computer data. Understand?

Fine, call it what you want, the footage is still lost and its inexcusable... well unless you were trying to hide a crime then it makes complete sense.

edit on 7-10-2010 by FoosM because: type

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

What difference would it make, since there already is such an overwhelming amount of evidence available? Or are you saying all the other evidence is very flimsy, and not really sufficient to base a hoax theory on? In that case, you are absolutely right.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Foos, now that you are back from your hidey-hole, please answer the Apollo 12 quesiton.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

If you've ever worked for a government organisation you would have no trouble understanding that things like this happen. Constantly and repeatedly.

Regardless there is more than enough footage and data out there, these types of posts are merely a distraction. All you've done is shown that NASA had a lot of data storage issues, which no one will argue about.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
By the way, FoosM, if NASA really collected meteorites in Antarctica to play the role of "moon rocks," where did they find 200 pounds of alpha-carborundum rich dust to play the part of "moon dust?" Was there a special vacuum cleaner involved?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Fine, call it what you want, the footage is still lost and its inexcusable... well unless you were trying to hide a crime then it makes complete sense.

Footage? It's not video! Speaking of concealing crimes by "losing" footage, I wonder whatever happened to the original Moonfaker tape. Inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Grand champions of ignorance, Unite!!!

In an attempt to ridicule the claim that no dust could form in a vacuum and deposit itself on the shiny LM gold foil, one of them conveniently forgets the massive amounts of dust kicked up by the LM's rocket engine or the dust sprayed by the lunar rover's tires.

[face/palm]

Just takes a TINY bit of research, and scientific knowledge and understanding to see where THAT drivel goes so wrong. Anyone else see it? NO? All those stars on that post are to award ignorance??

Firstly, on Earth, when you see dust in the air, "billowing" after being "kicked up" as it might sometimes do....anyone know WHY it "billows"? Yes, little Johnny in the back....

"Because there's air on Earth? And, on the Moon, it's a vacuum, so the dust only moves in reaction to when something is acting on it, pushing it around. No air to keep it moving, since no air to be also disturbed...."

YES!! Star for little Johnny. He's right, and has now passed the fourth grade, and will move on next year.

Now then......oh, yes, you had something to add Johnny?

"Uh huh...about that 'dust' from the descent engine...I remember watching the films that were made by the LM's DAC camera, and all the 'dust' went perfectly horizontally out flat, radially away from the engine exhaust....didn't see any of it go UP! And, I was wondering how anyone could think that dust would cling to the vertical sides, too....of the gold aluminized plastic insulating Mylar. I mean, what would it stick too??? And, besides that, the part about the Rovers....ummmm, do people think they drove the Rovers up close to the LM, or something? I mean, gee whiz, that'd be awful dumb to do, there on the Moon. And, weren't there only THREE missions that carried a Rover??"

Johnny, my boy! I think we will jump you another year, you're obviously bright enough to handle the workload, and can skip ahead! Yes, you're correct, only the last three had a Rover taken along...Apollo 15, 16 and 17. The 'J' missions. NASA Apollo planners had a very aggressive schedule, with goals to be attained, and organized, in one way, using letters of the alphabet to designated each stage in testing, and accomplishment.

Here, it will be easier if you just research for yourself...extra credit when you write up a report on it for me, after doing some more studying on your own: en.wikipedia.org...

To refute the claim that NASA somehow "lost" 13,000 original and irreplaceable Apollo videotapes -- including the entire Apollo 11 moon walk -- one of them posts a Phil Plait blog that starts with not one, but TWO warnings that the entire story is a hoax.

No, Phil Plait didn't say outright it was a "hoax". He merely related what he was told, by PR at NASA, regarding that UK Express news article. In full disclosure, he added the two addendums (addenda?).

Likely, the story was not perfectly accurate, hence the NASA rebuttal....which was merely that it wasn't entirely correct, or something to that effect. Funny, how a person so hell-bent on believing in the Apollo "hoax" has to twist intent and meaning at each step....where have I seen that sort of behavior before.....???? Besides THIS thread....oh, yeah, I remember. Some others who think they are "truth" seekers, but that's another topic.......

BTW, that little Johnny! Whaddya think? Bright boy, eh?
edit on 7 October 2010 by weedwhacker because: BB codes

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
reply to EVERYONE

Look at the dishonesty and inaccuracies exhibited by the professional debunkers on this page alone.

In an attempt to ridicule the claim that no dust could form in a vacuum and deposit itself on the shiny LM gold foil, one of them conveniently forgets the massive amounts of dust kicked up by the LM's rocket engine or the dust sprayed by the lunar rover's tires.

Well, speaking of "dishonesty and inaccuracies", I can't help but notice you purposely left off the second part of your statement about that "shiny gold foil". Here let me refresh your memory:

You mean besides the laughably crinkled-up papier mache exterior, warped LM upper walls and the shiny gold duct tape that isn't even tarnished or dusty after a 250,000 mile journey?

I can't blame you for trying to flush that one down the memory hole. How utterly bereft of basic science does one have to be to make that statement?

Posting alongside Foos and PPK, you are indeed in good company.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomblvd

Foos, now that you are back from your hidey-hole, please answer the Apollo 12 quesiton.

He knows he can't answer that question, because you sure can't flip the SCE switch to AUX by remote!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Tomblvd

He knows he can't answer that question, because you sure can't flip the SCE switch to AUX by remote!

Especially if the entire mission was prerecorded.....

Come on Foos, answer the question.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
OH!!! It is starting to make sense. I see now why Foosm posted the Sptunik material now, since a another failed movie attempt by "white noise" was made regarding that issue.

Now its starting to become very clear that Jarrah White is Anti-American with his latest episode commemorating the Russians and their paving the way.....

Now wait, he has specifically said that hey paved the way initially. DOH! that was simple, sure they were first in a lot of achievements. BUT....

Landing on the Moon was not one of them, and the Russians acknowledge that we indeed land upon the surface of the moon.

I finally see past this now, and understand that this isn't about a Moon Hoax, moreover that NASA did land upon the Moon and no one else has and that Jarrah isn't fond of Americans, as portrayed in his last video giving the thumbs up to the USSR launching sputnik.

You have never given any credit to the Amercian space race now have you?

I see now Foosm, Which every one you happen to be. That your not happy that America was the first and only ones to land on the Moon, and that you'll do anything in your power to discredit the achievement so that you may feel better about your position regarding NASA.

It never had anything to do with a Hoax, it has to do with you are prejudice and dislike American achievements.

No wonder you never answer a single question about the subject, you could care less about the science, you just want to defame.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
You're right there. Every single HB shows intense hatred of the US in general. Most of them are not US citizens which is evident from their posts and posting times, the ones that are clearly hate the US Government with a passion and probably live in a shack somewhere surround by guns slowly rocking back and forth.
That's why you can't make them see sense, they don't even care about Apollo - they only care about one thing and that's destroying the US, or more specifically it's Government.
Like a 9/11 'Truther' said to me once in private, 'It doesn't matter if you're wrong or lie, all that matters is people don't believe the official story'.
I don't think he could see the irony of using deception to topple the Government who he hated due to their deception :s But then these types arn't the sharpest tools in the box....

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Probably close to spot on analysis. There's more, though, in history that isn't generally in the public's awareness, conceringin the USA's ability to launch satellites BEFORE the USSR.

The details of (then Top Secret) space abilities of the U.S. in the 1950s...have been declassified for many years now. AND, since the collapse of the Soviet Union, THEIR once-hidden facts are now known widely (as long as you bother to research). Both their successes, and spectacular and tragic FAILURES.

I learn of these things by READING BOOKS. (Not sure how many sources I can find for online links here, will sure try...)

Let's see...first, everyone (by "everyone", I mean only the Apollo "hoax" believers...hereinafter called 'HB's)...HBs cite the "evil Nazis at NASA" when they get stuck with anything intellectual to bring up, which happens frequently. A little history is in order. During the regime of Hitler, and the SS....you either joined the "party", or you died. IF you wanted to live, and (hopefully) prosper, you learned to "play along".

Those German "nazi" scientists who worked on the Fuhrer's war machine rocket and space programs (and others) were intelligent people, not anything like the animals who enforced the "rules" of the Nazi regime. At least, that would be the way to describe the majority of them....there will alays be afew idiots, even amongst intelligent people.

So, the war is ending, the USA and USSR has Germany in a pincher....where do you think MOST of the rocket scientists wished to go?? Only the unlucky ones went to Russia....and, YES! Both "sides" had their share of former "nazi" scientists.

The Soviets' first 'success', with Sputnik? Played perfectly well into Eisenhower's hands. Because, HE knew that the USA could have launched also...but, didn't want the USSR to know, just yet, of that capability. For military reasons, of course. This thing called the "Cold War', and all. (Kids nowadays?? Pffft!! They know so little).

There is a lot more, and the frustrations of the day show the inter-branch rivalry that existed between the AIr Force, (remember, it was the old "Army" air force during WW II) and the Navy. The Redstone rocket was the public face...and suffered numerous VERY public failures. It was, eventually and with great trepidation, used to launch Alan Shephard as the first American in space. As you can read, though, the Redstone was designed, and best suited for, sub-orbital surface-to-surface payload delivery. In other words, a war weapon, to send warheads to the enemy soil.

The NAVY, on the other hand...well....that's another story. AND, Eisenhower didn't want any of it public. AND, this grated on some people, in the know, who wanted to loft the first orbital man-made satellite.

Less well known is the Thor rocket family, administered by the Navy. Thor is forerunner of the Delta series, and the Agena. The navy launched its first Top Secret orbiting satellite payload in 1959. The CORONA, or "keyhole" spy satellite. (There was later cross-utilization, between Navy and Air Force, in rocketry. So it mixes up in the later years. Always a rivalry, though).

Also, the Navy was overseeing development of the Vanguard rocket. It also had some very public failures.

There is also this to consider:

In 1955, the USA announced plans to put a scientific satellite in orbit for the International Geophysical Year (IGY) in 1957-1958. The goal was to track the satellite as it performed experiments. At that time there were three possible candidates for the launch vehicle: The Air Force's SM-65 Atlas, a derivative of the Army Ballistic Missile Agency's SSM-A-14 Redstone, and a Navy proposal for a three-stage rocket based on the RTV-N-12a Viking sounding rocket.

The Army's Redstone-based proposal would likely be first ready for a first satellite launch. Its connection with German-born scientist Wernher von Braun, however, was a public relations risk.

So, PR (and National Security concerns) all factored into the interplay.

There's a heckuva lot more to learn, but people will have to find some good books on it, to get more in-depth.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by FoosM

Footage? It's not video! Speaking of concealing crimes by "losing" footage, I wonder whatever happened to the original Moonfaker tape. Inquiring minds want to know.

Are you saying they didnt use it to record footage?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Tomblvd

If its a simulation you can do whatever you want.
And I already answered the question.
TOM just wants me to react to a scenario he invented.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zvezdar
reply to post by FoosM

If you've ever worked for a government organisation you would have no trouble understanding that things like this happen. Constantly and repeatedly.

Regardless there is more than enough footage and data out there, these types of posts are merely a distraction. All you've done is shown that NASA had a lot of data storage issues, which no one will argue about.

Its another nail in the coffin for the validity of the moon landing.
There was no storage issue.
There was a crime committed.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM

If its a simulation you can do whatever you want.

If you prerecorded the mission, how do you predict and fake the voice recordings and telemetry of a lightning strike???

And I already answered the question.

Where?

TOM just wants me to react to a scenario he invented.

You're the one posting the old video of the astronaut escape plans saying that's how they got them out. That wasn't me.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Its another nail in the coffin for the validity of the moon landing.
There was no storage issue.
There was a crime committed.

For all anyone knows it was a clerical error, and the boxes are sitting in a garage in Canberra. Now when the BBC taped over Terry Jones' and Michael Palin's "The Compleat And Utter History Of Britain" that was a crime!

new topics

top topics

<< 211  212  213    215  216  217 >>

join