It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the 7 Year Tribulation Started?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hi,

My first thread, i know I will be bashed and sent on my way. I was reading a thread yesterday about when people believe Jesus is coming back, some guy did some calculations with varying responses. This thread was started last year, and it didn't dawn on until a member (not sure if she is a member anymore) said that the 7 Year Tribulation would start 2010. Apparently she said there was a youtube video that stated this, and she believed it.

This got me curious so i went on youtube typed in 7 year tribulation 2010, and found a very convincing video. It talked about Daniels Prophetic week which means years, and some Jewish holidays and what not. I am not going into the holidays because I don't understand them. Anyway, supposedly this is supposed to end in 2017.

I also found out in another forum that people don't believe in a rapture and we are all supposed to go through the rapture except for the 144.000 sealed people who will be raptured this year (supposedly). People believe that Christians will lose their faith because they believed in a lie and yada, yada, yada.

Sorry for rambling, but my question is if we are in the Tribulation Period, wouldn't we have known about it? Wouldn't be people be freaking out and commiting suicide, or is this how it's supposed to go down? Every one goes on with their lives, and then BAM something happens and Christians are like what the hell, and all Hell breaks loose?

I read some Revelations yesterday and it talks about Birth Pangs ie Earthquakes, famine, wars and rumors of war, and pestilence. Don't you agree that we are having a lot of Earthquakes, since January of this year? I Maine had one 1 hour away from last month March 30th, it was a 3.0, some people felt it, I didn't.

Is this really happening, and if so how do you tell people this is real, what signs are really looking for? A rapture that may not even be real? a world leader to be shot so he can rise 3 days later possessed by Satan himself? What do you all think?

I am posting this youtube video, and please someone explain what is really going on, or is this just another thing for people to be scared about? I am freaking out if this is real, I've been told it's real, not real, partially real, and the bible is symbolic!!

Here you go, and if it doesn't wok go to youtube.com and look for 2010-2017.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It sounds as if you are interested in eschatology. I suggest reading "In the Footsteps of the Messiah". That is a link to the PDF and you can also have it delivered to a Kindle device as well. I read it about 20 years ago and it changed my view of reality forever more. He goes point by point through the events of revelation and outlines all of the different ideas and then tells you which one makes sense to him. It is an excellent crash course. I would hesitate to follow anyone that sets a date though.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticalzoe

Sorry for rambling, but my question is if we are in the Tribulation Period, wouldn't we have known about it? Wouldn't be people be freaking out and commiting suicide, or is this how it's supposed to go down? Every one goes on with their lives, and then BAM something happens and Christians are like what the hell, and all Hell breaks loose?

Well exactly, you're right. If prophecies of this kind were being fulfilled , we would know about it. This is the big drawback of date calculations on this subject. My feeling is- don't do them. Seek to understand Revelation and what it actually describes, and let the events come in their own time.

I read some Revelations yesterday and it talks about Birth Pangs ie Earthquakes, famine, wars and rumors of war, and pestilence.

Was this ch 6? I'm doing a series of threads on Revelation at the moment, and I was covering this chapter (Pestilence, War, Famine, and Death) only last weekend. "Revelation; 4 Horsemen-Running". May I modestly suggest that it might stimulate your thoughts, even if you don't agree with the conclusions?

[edit on 30-4-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

I am posting this youtube video, and please someone explain what is really going on, or is this just another thing for people to be scared about? I am freaking out if this is real, I've been told it's real, not real, partially real, and the bible is symbolic!!

No-one knows what's really going on and, even if someone did, they wouldn't tell you. Rest assured that anyone that says they do know is a liar so immediately dis-regard everything they say.

Regarding the tribulation (I assume you're a Christian) Jesus expressly said he would give no warning of his return and there is no mention of a rapture and tribulation in the bible. You, as a Christian, need to work out weather or not you believe Jesus is a liar and whatever whack job preacher is filling your head full of apocalypse has some sort of inside track on the end of the world.

If you don't believe Jesus is a liar, forget the end-times crapolla and enjoy life.If you do believe Jesus is a liar, then forget all the Christian crapolla and enjoy life.

[edit on 30/4/10 by pieman]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
actually, we may see a pre-trib rapture in sept of this year, as the levitacus 23 feast days are prophetic, the spring time feasts are all fulfilled, and now the fall ones are in line for a showing...op, i can discern spirits, and you have your head on right!!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

I just finished watching the video. I liked it, thanks for posting it. Let me know if you find any math supporting the 62 biblical years + 11/29/1947 coming out to Obama's inauguration date. I come close but far enough off to make the point useless (several weeks).

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

yes, and i think the prince deals with rome or the pope, making obama not involved that deeply. maybe a pawn.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Nope.

7 year tribulation starts with the reign of the antichrist. He has 3 1/2 years of peace and prosperity, then he goes bad.

We are about to enter ww3, which is being staged to usher in said antichrist.

I'm honestly not sure about when the rapture takes place, but i suspect it would be halfway through the 7 years.

peace

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Cool, thanks for the posts, it just freaked me out some. To someone who asked if I was or am a Christian, not I am not. I used to be a Christian but even though I am not a Christian I do get the bible out from time to time to see what's happening. Do I believe in all of it, no.

@harryhaller~that's an interesting take on the Tribulation, but from most Christians they believe the tribulation starts when the Antichrist signs a peace treaty with Israel, and 3 1/2 years later breaks the contract. Some believe that it happens when the Rapture happens. Many people (Christians) do believe Obama is the Antichrist, i can't honestly say he is or isn't. He has some qualities an then again he doesn't. I guess time will tell on that one.

@araisq~ See i have no idea what that part means? I don't his inauguration date means or if it has that much significance. That part puzzled me too.

@GBP/JPY~that's odd because I always assumed that the reason why Christians got antsy around Spring time was because they believed the Rapture would happen in the Spring, hmm that's something to look into.

@DISRAELI~ I think what I am trying to say is that we have to go through birth pangs to get to the end, like a women who goes through labor. There are Earthquakes mentioned throughout Revelations, during the opening of the seals, but I think when these Earthquakes happen they are supposed to be huge!!, like everyone may feel them some of them described as moving mountains, and seeing the earth roll up. I don't remember what chapter exactly it was in though sorry.

@ararisq~Thanks for the ebook I will have to look into that later on today.

I really appreciate the replies!! I guess I am not entirely insane!! hahaha.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I picked up a book the other day - it's called 'Signs in the Sky' by Adrian Gilbert. I started reading, expecting it to be based on Egyptology - going off the cover design. To a larger extent than anticipated, I'm mostly impressed with it so far. An intriguing reference is drawn to Jesus' prophecy in Matthew, regarding the symbolism of the fig tree as representative of the Israeli nation state in the End Times.

In Matthew 24, Jesus talks about the potential for being deceived, the persecutions, alluding to the political state of things, natural disasters etc:

3 - As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

4 - Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you.

(vs.5 omitted by ATS user Noah)

6 - You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 - Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 - All these are the beginning of birth pains.

Then he goes on to say:

32 - "Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near.
33 - Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door.
34 - I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.
35 - Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Matthew 24:34 used to confuse the hell out of me, as I thought it referred to the people he was actually sitting talking to, some 2000 years ago... However, in Signs In The Sky, Gilbert relates how he was told that the 'generation' is to be considered as the 70 year period from the reinstatement of the Nation of Israel, which as we all know happened in 1948. That interpretation is based on multiple references to the Nation of Israel, symbolised by the Fig Tree in the Old Testament.

1948 + 70 years (standard life expectancy/ 'generation') = 2018.

** Therefore, in accordance with that interpretation, we are nearing the end of the generation of which Jesus spoke. **

Bringing into line the noisy, speculative 2012 shenanigans; all the recent political movement towards one world order; a recent 400% rise in average yearly natural disasters (the increase is measured as relative to the average recorded disasters in the 80's I believe; I will try to dig out the source for that statistic) - it starts to mount up to a serious wealth of suggestive material. I think we all have a responsibility to prepare for the possibility of 'something' going quite terribly awry quite soon...

On a personal level, I, like many, have experienced prophetic dreams. In one such, I experienced being 'caught up', apparently pre-tribulation (that's my interpretation based on the symbolic content of the start of the dream).

I was raised aloft over the ocean, after spending time trying to warn people of impending events. As I went over that ocean, carried by an invisible pair of hands (gripping my upper torso under my arms), I saw the 'mountain burning with a blue flame' crash down into the middle of it. It was an incredibly realistic dream, and the memory of it hasn't faded one bit. At the time I had it, I hadn't read the book of Revelations either (about twelve years ago), and I most certainly wasn't a Christian back then.

Interesting times.

NB - That's not to say let it take over your life by the way. Just keep it at the back of your mind is my outlook.

Noah.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I am 99.99 percent convinced that we are living within the last 7 years before Armaggedon. As a matter of fact, I am almost convinced that this summer 2010 or there about, there will be approxiamatly 6 years remaining.

The scripture that many have misinterrpreted regarding "no man knows the day or hour" in the book of Matthew is referring to, heaven and earth passing away. Heaven and earth passing away is a time after the 1000 year reign of Christ. No man knows when this will happen, not even the Angels.

However, the birth pangs are becoming more frequent and more intense and I believe the time of the gathering together of the body of Christ is immenent. Do I or anyone else know the day or hour of this event? I doubt it. But, we know He is at the door!

I also, as you have, viewed some great research on the Book of Daniel, called "Daniels Timeline." Very convincing that we are there. The first 3 1/2 years as I understand it will be relative peace. Of course we have and always will in this world have tribulation. However, the last 3 1/2 years will be "Great Tribulation" of which involves the "Wrath of God." Anyway brother, It is near. God Bless! Keep looking up!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
There has literally never been a year in which at least half of the conditions you mention (earthquakes, famine, wars, rumors of wars, pestilence, etc.) have not been true.

Earth is a geologically active planet; earthquakes and volcanoes happen. There are more people than there is food; famine happens. There are a lot more bacteria than there are people; plague happens. And, looking at history, humans seem to love nothing more than killing each other. War most definitely f***ing happens.

Not trying to be a dick, just pointing out that we live in a world of more or less non-stop chaos. It may end someday, but it'll more than likely be our fault. If not, it'll probably be a very large rock, which is even now drifting serenely through space, and has been for thousands or millions of years, one day a chance cross of vectors with Earth, and we are removed as were our saurian predecessors. Life will go on, but we won't.

It probably won't be God, except insofar as He may have put that oncoming rock there. But I personally am not banking on it.

All in all, I feel that we'd be extremely fortunate to have seven years to see the end of our species coming, whether it's because of a nuclear war or an interstellar fender-bender such as has caused the periodic mass extinctions throughout Earth's history. There probably won't be anywhere near that much time between the first announcements on TV and the beginning of the long, cold silence before the next sentient species.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by The Parallelogram]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
once we see this combination of events:

an unassuming world figure gets struck-down with a fatal head wound,
that person gains worldwide attention & recognition while being treated,
recovers from the otherwise mortal head wound/affliction,
the world now gravitates to this persons' message...books, movies, videos, about this man's message saturates the MSM and internet...
this mans' message will be the topic of conversation of every literate person on earth...
~ in a period of 2 weeks, this person gets 'Revealed' (as the AC)
in-part because the False Prophet teams up with this person and procedes
to install the Abomination-of-Desolation in a 'holy place'
~

many will be caught up in the almost supernatural frenzy of the moment,
and forget to examine the miracle healing in a critical way,

only after this two week 'window' ,which will later be recognized as the 'revealing of AC', will the Great Tribulation begin....
before the 'revealing' the time-of-Jacobs-troubles are just the beginning
birth-pangs era, and not to be confused with the short period of 1260 days of Great Tribulation....

rest easy, don't get worked up on these conjectures getting promoted by so called experts, religious scholars, prophecy interpeters... scripture lays out the events pretty staright foward enough...you just need to connect the dots in a logical, worldly way

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Jesus said he didn't know when the aforementioned time was. If it was a matter of counting the holidays, he could have known, presuming he could count. Most people can. Therefore, I must think that anybody who counts holidays, or decides that centuries or millenia mean days, or vice versa, and figures out a date or timeframe, must think that they are wiser than Jesus.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by christianpatrick

10-4, i know to wait and just have the joy till we see amazing foretold events, in our lifetime possibly. that would be a sight...and daniel says the elect will know in the endtimes

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I don't think we are in the tribulation yet, but I don't think it is far off.

The book of Revelation is a very interesting book. Though many say it is only symbolic and not to be taken literally. Symbols always represent something, call it a spiritual riddle .
Everything symbolic does have a literal meaning, we just have to figure it out.
This is just my theory..............The first four seals have already been broken and the four horsemen of revelations started riding the day Adam and Eve first sinned. Because of disobedience (sin) brought forth death, war, famine and pestilence. which is what these four horses represent. The four horsemen has brought worldwide destruction upon the earth Because of Adam and Eve's fall.

The video was interesting. Even though I don't think we should try and set dates. But it does kind of give you a creepy feeling like what if they are right? The things going on in this world right now makes you wonder just how close are we?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidCrystalz

i Know EXACTLY what you mean, something is definitly in the post, what if as you say they are right? It is scary, but part of me thinks we ve sort of got it coming, weve lost our spiritual path, our connection to God, we treat the planet with contempt, and think we are masters of the universe (not me i hasten to add), im more of a master of the kitchen sink). What worries me is what happens to the children.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidCrystalz

Oh wow, I have never looked at it that way at all. Do you think that since the 4 horsemen are out and about and have been for some time that any of the seals of have broken as well? Or do you think they about to be broken? Yes, i think the bible is extremely symbolic as well. I was just taught differently, since I used to be a born again Christian, I've been told that non of this will happen until the rapture. I don't think there will be a pre-rapture as I've stated before, and I really do feel that the Christians will be extremely pissed off when they realize this will all happen with them still being here.

To be honest I don't have any feelings of doom or gloom, like most people do, and yes I have had prophetic dreams myself but not recently. All I really wanted to know is, are you really there, and if so it doesn't seem that bad! Yet!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticalzoe
[ Do you think that since the 4 horsemen are out and about and have been for some time that any of the seals of have broken as well? Or do you think they about to be broken?

I know this question wasn't addressed to me, but you might be interested in a thread on the Fifth Seal, which will be appearing on this forum in about an hour's time. Comments and criticism will be much appreciated.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Yes mysticalzoe, the first four seals are the release of the the four horsemen. Which like I said , started riding when Adam and Eve sinned... my thought.
Of course there is a BIG possibility I am wrong....LOL

And I'm not sure about the time line of the rapture. I am stuck between pre and mid......there is scripture which makes me believe it will be Pre-trib but also scripture which could possibly be mid-trib. So I am really unsure on this topic where I stand.

I have written a poem on revelation, I may post sometime....I think those that are into bibllical reading would find it a good read.

And the poster who is going to post on the Fith Seal....I cant wait...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join