It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: We'll 'cut off Israel's feet' if attacks Syria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I really have to wonder why they picked that phrase. Logically if they cut of Israel's feet they won't be able to go anywhere and will have to stay where they are.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

But...but...john has Iranian friends on twitter! surely they can account for the 70 million citizens of Iran. They want to overthrow their government and become bed buddies with the west.
Pffft surely no one in Iran would support such a "regime". While you may not want to admit it...you are part of the problem. Let the Iranians decide, no confusion or disinformation involved...Let them decide on their own what is best for their country.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by raknjak

I'd have to disagree with you on one point. The city of London is the economic capital of the world.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
reply to post by raknjak

I'd have to disagree with you on one point. The city of London is the economic capital of the world.

No need to disagree, London IS the capital of the world. Everything and anything goes by London one way or another.Americas power is in it's military might, not it's economical or financial might. The Europeans owned you in 1913 and we won't let go...best come to terms with that.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

It's an imperfect world, but if you're suggesting that the west should somehow give them a helping hand when every western government doesn't give a damn about the Iranian people, but they'll gladly use any excuse to justify attacking their country. Whatever problem the Iranians have, it's their problem and it's up to them and them alone to do something about it. Here in the west we have enough problems with our own corrupt governments.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by kindred]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Yes, I agree & that's more or less what I meant. It's their country and their problem. Everyone else butt out.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

But...but...john has Iranian friends on twitter! surely they can account for the 70 million citizens of Iran. They want to overthrow their government and become bed buddies with the west.

At least 3 million from the protests wanted to overthrow the regime last year.

They want to overthrow their government and become bed buddies with the west.

No, they wanted their own country back and oil money spent on schools, hospitals, instead of missiles bought from China.

Pffft surely no one in Iran would support such a "regime"

Typical strawman argument..... because I didn't say the regime doesn't have supporters.... obviously they have supporters! Although I do remember they couldn't even fill Azadi square on Feb. 11th during the regime's own birthday celebrations, and they had to bus people in from smaller villages with bribes.

While you may not want to admit it...you are part of the problem.

That's about as silly as an exiled iranian dissident calling you part of the problem for not being steadfastly against the regime.

Let the Iranians decide, no confusion or disinformation involved...Let them decide on their own what is best for their country.

I couldn't agree more.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by john124]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to our attention John.

I've read through but nobody has really stated the obvious.

If you ignore the supporting parties and focus on the main nations that could be involved in a possible conflict, then it is clear that this is Western Society vs Islamic Society or a possible Crusade type scenario if your religious.

I will always support Israel, the United States and the UK when it comes to a conflict in the Middle East because quite frankly, I'm not for Islam and the values it imposes on all it rules.

Western Society:
-Equal rights for Men and Women
-Systems of Justice that actually seek to distribute Justice as best it can
-Tolerance of others
-Freedom to love who you want, regardless of gender

Islamic Society
-Unequal rights for Men and Women
-Systems of Justice that would sentence a Woman to death for being raped.
-Intolerance against others, it's either their way or none at all.
-You'd be stoned to death for being true to your feelings in certain cases.

I don't understand how people can actually want Israel to cease to exist.
It has it fair share of war crimes and horror stories like ANY OTHER nation, but at least it's society stands for something much more better and civilized than it's neighbors.

[edit on 11232009 by RWM88]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Bloody hell, you are all like children.

Israel, Iran, Syria, Lebanon, North Korea and God knows who else, stop the silly threats.

If you do this, then I'll do this back to you and so on.

The fact is, nobody has got any balls to actually do anything about anything.

The US and UK have got troops being killed on a daily basis in Afghanistan chasing people in Sandals with AK47's whilst North Korea who has got Nukes is threatening to use them in an all out war.

Either kick things off or stop squabbling like 5 years olds. it's getting really boring now.

Good job it's not on Sky News or CNN much otherwise all you leaders out there would look very weak!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

It's impossible to say that it is the view of the majority to overthrow the government. And there is still no hard evidence that the election was rigged either. At least we can agree that this is for the Iranians themselves to figure and work out, the media using events or problems in Iran to beat the war drums is working against that. Oh and i didn't intend for my post to comes off as rude, which it kinda did imo. Apologies.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Solomons]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Qatari premier meets Hezbollah leader in Lebanon

Beirut - Visiting Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Hamad Bin Jassm al-Thani met for talks with Hezbollah chief Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah in Lebanon on Saturday, the radical Shiite movement said in a statement. The two discussed the latest domestic and regional developments, including Israel's recent accusation that Syria supplied Hezbollah with Scud missiles and "Arab responsibilities" towards the Palestinian cause, according to Hezbollah.

www.earthtimes.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join