It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Freeze Big Government!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Ron Paul: Freeze Big Government!

Ron Paul and Harry Mitchell have again stopped the increase in pay that Members of Congress automatically get every year unless it is voted down.

Their efforts to block the pay raise for 2010 was successful last year, and today their bill to block the pay raise for 2011 passed overwhelmingly (402-15) in the House after passing the Senate last week.

“We should not be padding our pocketbooks when our constituents are still tightening their belts and losing their jobs,” stated Congressman Paul. “As well, we could continue with this symbolic first step and stop increasing taxes, expanding the federal budget, and spreading our military so thin. These additional measures would do much to begin our economic recovery.”

YES! This man once again has blocked the congressional Pay Raise, and that with a new proposal to freeze alot more than a pay increase!...

But I would like to extend this motivation to freeze the pay of congressmen to freezing a few other things. I would like to see our budget at least frozen where it is. That would go a long way to solving some of our budgetary problems. And how about freezing the debt level? Let’s not raise the debt level. Instead, this next year, our national debt is going to go up by $2 trillion when you add up all that we borrowed from our trust funds.

Also, I’d like to see a freeze on regulations because regulations usually backfire. There are unintended consequences, they cost a lot of money, they act as a tax, and they don’t improve the economy overall.

I would be in support of freezing the welfare transfer system. The system that most people think, “Well, transfers are going to help all the poor people”. The trouble is, wealth transfer systems help the rich people and they’re the ones to get the bailouts and poor people don’t. So a freeze on welfare transfer would be a long way towards restoring a free society and a constitutional government.

Also, I think the consensus of the American people today is that we ought to freeze the bailouts. Let’s not bail out anybody anymore. But it looks like it will be a long time before that happens because we have a monetary system where we have somebody over there called the Federal Reserve that says, “We can print and at will, and our job is to be the lender of last resort.” That means to bail anybody and everybody out that needs money and it looks like that will be domestic as well as international.

I’d like to freeze the ability of the Federal Reserve to print money out of thin air. That, in moral terms, is counterfeit and yet that is the encouragement for us to run up our deficits because the Fed can come in and increase the money supply. A sound monetary system would have frozen anybody’s ability to just create money out of thin air.

I’d also like to freeze the income tax at the 1912 level. And that, indeed, would be a real boost to the people of this country. All of a sudden there would be great wealth in the hands of the consumer. Just think if all the money that we spent on the bailouts that just tided things over, if just a portion of that had been used to get rid of the income tax, I think the money would have been better spent because the people would have been spending the money instead of the bureaucrats and the politicians and the regulators that bail out the people who were making all the money in the first place.

But I would also extend this freeze on to some other things, too. I’d like to freeze some of our militarism. I think we have enough fighting going on. I don’t think we should expand the war. I don’t think we should be looking for another enemy. I’d like to freeze the sanctions on countries, I’d like to see a lot more free trade. I would like to see that the bombing is not extended, that we quit allowing our CIA to extend the bombing of countries that have not attacked us.

I would also like to put a freeze on this concept of preventive war. This whole idea and concept of preventive war means that we can literally start the war.

lol... woohoo, Ron Paul at his finest - as usual!

I just wish He had gotten into the presidency long before all this crap started happening...

[Edit to MODS]

Please leave this long post alone. The text is relevant, and that is why I posted it. folks will want to read these words. please do not edit this post. thank you.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by DarkspARCS]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Excellent Speech man!!!

WOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Imagine if this man was president!!!

Just imagine... can you imagine sanity???

new topics

join