It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARS ANOMALY: Strange artifact caught by rover.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Yes, it's "enhanced" for your viewing pleasure.
Here is the unenhanced version. Complete with other jagged rocks
snip
Lots of other jagged rocks.
[edit on 4/28/2010 by Phage]

Thanks for finding and posting the image, I appreciate it. I don't think that the video provided the information you found or I would have also posted it.

Before I discuss the photo, I found something also unusual in the photo under your 2nd link ("Lots of other jagged rocks."). To the right of that black jumble there is a cluster of small rocks and one pointed one seems to be casting a shadow under it as if it was suspended. Nothing mysterious or unexplanaible, just a curiosity.

To all: fefore you see the photo please understand that I just had a photographic epiphany. Prior to this epiphany I had been using my digicam to take photos off my PC's LCD monitor which didn't result in 100% accuracy. I used Picasa not to change the content but to simply improve the contrast and/or sharpen it, then I cropped it. Using this method I wound up with a larger photo (in my memory card, 2 or 6MPs). But now I suddenly realized: "Why not simply download the photo?" And I did. But when I crop it using Picasa I wind up with a hell of a small, almost thumbnail as you'll see below. I also included the original photo, this time downloaded. It looks closer to the original but it's smaller.

Phage's Mars Anomaly
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a245dc10a06.jpg[/atsimg]

"My" photo but downloaded directly.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dc8e744259d4.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 28-4-2010 by The Shrike]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Here is the unenhanced version. Complete with other jagged rocks

Lots of other jagged rocks.

Looking at your pic Phage, it does have certain qualities. It has vertical champher edges that are lit by the Sun on those sides we can see, almost as if "sandblast" erosion is taking place from above in a downward fashion as well as horizontally. Strange, and out of place unless maybe the "rock" has a different composition than the rocks around it. I don't think it is artificial, but the way it is weathered is puzzling.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
To the left of the original object in question. I only posted this because to me it looks like it is suspended over a hole in the ground and looks like it has some symmetry to it (the triangular portion). It's more than likely that this one is just a rock though.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/74bb44651a2f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

It looks more like fractured rock rather than weathered. More in the same area:

Here's the navcam view of it. It's on a steep slope, almost a cliff.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Here's the navcam view with better lighting. The rock in question is in the left center of the frame.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Yes, and that is noticeable with a little animation.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/2c4a2c50ab8b1fa4.gif[/atsimg]

It's also very close to the rover, so it's quite small.

And here is a false colour image, with some very subjective and non-scientific adjustments.

(just scroll the image to the right)

Edited to add a missing "e".

[edit on 29/4/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Good Find. Will be interesting to know NASAs view on this.
Definitely artificial and looks like some debris from a wreckage.
Have any of the man made probes crashed at that location?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

It looks more like fractured rock rather than weathered. More in the same area:

How about that bottle just above 6pm, almost a third of the way up discarded long ago by Astronaut Columbus!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Did you notice that at the bottom of the steep slope/cliff there's no debris field?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
interesting ...i am convinced that there is life on mars also i am 100% sure we have been there

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

ArMaP, you're good! Thanks for enhancing my thread, along with Phage's contributions.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaro
I definately agree that it is probably some debris, but as what stated above, from what exactly? Possibly a wreck from a previous venture onto the "Red Planet"?

Mars has became a junkyard with all the crashed probles. We are bond to find parts of at least one of them sooner or later. If they flip it over it will most likely say MADE IN CHINA on the back. If there are any living things on Mars we will soon day get a ticket for littering.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well phage explain THIS!!!!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0ae9e8c96d2.jpg[/atsimg]
a summation of all mars anomalies

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
In the first image posted there is also an odd shape in the bottom left hand corner of the image that appears to have a perfect 90 degree angle on it, like the corner of a square.
You can also see this in the larger image posted later just below the object that was first noted, and a tad to the left.
To me that just doesn't look natural....

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Alright, so this caught my attention, and I thought I might as well make my first post on this site something helpful, so I've done up a 3D model of what can be observed in the image. I'm really in no position to start speculating as to whether this is a crazy rock, or part of some kind of space-tractor, but this is what I've observed.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Amanita93]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
May be natural may not be.
But what looks really interesting is the lower part of the object with the two parallel bits sticking out.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Though I do have to admit, even in that un-enhanced picture it looks odd. It may not be something too extraordinary, but at the least it looks like that rock may not originally be from that area.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amanita93
Alright, so this caught my attention, and I thought I might as well make my first post on this site something helpful, so I've done up a 3D model of what can be observed in the image. I'm really in no position to start speculating as to whether this is a crazy rock, or part of some kind of space-tractor, but this is what I've observed.
snip

You do nice work and I thank you for enhancing the thread with your effort. But we have to keep one thing in common and that is that it has been shown to simply be a rock sticking out of a cliff side. Perhaps in the future erosion or a Martian earthquake will send it down to the bottom. It looks presently quite firmly in position. But if I had the original NASA photo I would have realized that it's just a rock sticking out of the side of a mountain/cliff and I would not have started the thread. I did it because I saw only a cropped video which didn't have a point of reference. That point has been shown by others and I'm glad to have brought out the creativity of others. Thanks to all.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Hey, thanks. I do agree that it is most likely a rock, considering some of the other photographs. In the black in white image, a lot of the geometry is obscured by the shadow, but in the alternate photo, the rock shape is more distinct. What did catch my attention was the structure below the rock, it just looked too... out of place? Who knows, honestly

I'm beginning to think that the flat looking component is indeed a rock that is sticking out in front of the pyramid shaped rock. It's just the particular angle that makes it look like one contiguous structure.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Amanita93]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I personally think it looks like two wings from an aerial object that crashed and buried by sand from being there so long. I have a keen sense of things and this what I see. All these expensive missions and we still can't get color?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join