It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denied Medicaid? WTF!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm 20 year sold and I attend college. I am in a bunch of debt due to such educational inhibitions, and on top of that I just recently found myself swimming in medical debt? How?

Spontaneous collapsed lung.

I work 20 hours a week AND go to school full time at a college that is an hour from home. I stay at my parents house at the moment to save money. I work at another college 20 minutes away for minimum wage (but its a nice job).

I have about a hundred bucks in the bank, over 10 grand of medical debt to add to my 6 grand of school loan debt. Thats 16 grand in the hole (not to mention that used car I bought turned out to need repair every week it seems)

On top of it all, all the doctors did was give me a painkiller. Thats it, thats all they can do apparently. over 10 grand for a bottle of cheap painkillers.

So lets sum this all up...

16 grand in the hole
working 20 hours a week at only minimum wage

...and denied medicaid. What gives!?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

The health care reform bill now lets parents keep children on their insurance plans until they are 26 years old. They are also supposed to not discriminate anymore on preexisting conditions.

If the above is not an option, I would get in touch with social services in the state's department of family services to see what options you have. Good luck and hopefully you will get the treatment you need.

(This is why we need to expand Medicare, but that is another thread.)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
it seems someone needs to brake the system,or relocate

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Because you are under 22 and on your parents income.

new topics

top topics

join