It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Noah's Ark Been Found on Turkish Mountaintop?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Has Noah's Ark Been Found on Turkish Mountaintop?

www.foxnews.com

The remains of Noah's Ark have been discovered 13,000 feet up a Turkish mountain -- according to a sensational claim by evangelical explorers.

A group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers say wooden remains they have discovered on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey are the remains of Biblical artifact Noah's Ark.

Yeung Wing-Cheung, from the Noah's Ark Ministries International research team that made the discovery, said: "It's not 100 percent that it is Noah's Ark, but we think it is 99.9 percent that this is it."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

sott.net
dailymail.co.uk

Related ATS Threads

Found Noah's Ark
[edit on 27/4/2010 by daz__]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Although not new news as the first time I heard of this proposal was on hearing Bob Dean speaking with Project Camelot and he mentions the fact that the ark had been found in the Arrat region.

I beleived what Dean was saying at the time and now I wonder if this is the difinitive proof. The seem to be only 99.99% sure it is the ark though. Wonder how long we will have to await for third party verification.of this story.

I am sure this would be great news for all bible believers as the story of the flood is down in history as a myth and it could be proved the ark was real then it is only a short step to prove the reality of the flood.

peace to you all

daz

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by daz__

I can't believe these people are actually looking for a boat.
Personally, if the ark ever did exist, it wasn't a boat, and it didn't stay on this planet. Just my fanciful two cents on the matter.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Of coarse all are entitled to their view. Me personally I believe that the flood was real and was more than a myth. If the ark could be found and the flood proved well that would be so cool.

daz

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'll hold my opinion until more experts have had a chance to view and explore this new discovery.

There are flood stories in many cultures. However, I don't believe that the world was covered to the point that a boat would end up at the 13,000 foot lever of a mountain. Just my 2 cents worth.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So they found a wooden boat in Turkey??? How does a wooden boat hold 2 of every single animal and insect on the planet??? You religous tards who believe this stuff need to go and see a psychiatrist.
If the Ark was real it would have been bigger than any vessel we have EVER produced.
Thread=FAIL

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There are a few existing threads about this discovery.
Found! Noah's Ark - 4000m Up Mt Ararat

This one is my personal favorite thread.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by daz__

The Hebrew story of Noah is predated by the Sumerian Epic of Gilgamesh. The story itself was inspired by a Sumerian who passed on the story to the Hebrew. Abraham came from the Sumerian city of Ur where the first tablets depicting the flood story were found. If we were to date the story using the Hebrew tradition it wouldn't go back far enough. If there was ever a physical boat it is long gone due to geological changes and exposure to the elements over at LEAST a 13,000 year period.

Remember to the Sumerians the Epic was a historical account.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by daz__

Well they have definately found something up there unless its a hoax of some kind but i dunno about the actual biblical story... if you look at what's happening around the world today you can sort of see a reemblance occuring...

If anyone can tell the exact dates of when this 'ship' was above the mountain then its possible...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
So they found a wooden boat in Turkey??? How does a wooden boat hold 2 of every single animal and insect on the planet??? You religous tards who believe this stuff need to go and see a psychiatrist.
If the Ark was real it would have been bigger than any vessel we have EVER produced.
Thread=FAIL

Not really for many species on the planet that werent living within the waters are compounds of multiple animals meaning you may of had 2 different species mate and create a 3rd or 4th new species depending on which genes were dormant and recessive. SO I wouldnt count it out so easy. And the GREAT FLOOD WAS ALSO REAL and was spawned to eliminate the NEPHILIM IN THEIR FLESH FORMS so humanity could thrive again otherwise we would all of been snacks to my hungry lil bonded friends, currently trapped within the ABYSS.. see great flood & abyss great flood/abyss, great flood/abyss WONDERS WHO CAN FOLLOW LOL

WOULDNT SLOUCH ON ENOCHS FAMILY SO EASILY.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Genesis 6:15 states the Ark's dimensions were 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide, and 30 cubits high. That's 450' x 75' x 45' minimum. So if this 'Ark' that's been found isn't that big, it cannot be the Ark of the great flood.

Bronze age people on a mountain who stumble over a fossilized seashell can come up with all sorts of stories to explain it.

Note that the people who found this structure (this time) are from the Ark Ministries or whatever they are called. They are likely not coming into this 'dig' with an open mind looking for the lifestyles of Bronze Age Turks.

Will they measure it and tell us one way or the other? Will they invent a new way of telling the story to cover the discrepancy in size?

I don't want to hijack this thread with anti-Christian rantings. I just see "Noah's Ark" and I immediately hear the Christian's saying, "We told you so."
If the dimensions are identical (and I'll give wiggle room on a 'cubit'), I'll pay more attention. If not, will they leave this alone and leave it to real archeologists? After all, it would be a great Bronze Age find.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Isn't this story at least 10 years old now?

I remember seeing a documentary about it years ago... and they chose Mt. Ararat as the favourite out of 3-4 potential sites.
They scanned and found evidence that it was there but the Turkish authorities didn't want to investigate and stopped any dig....

This really isn't new is it?

Or am I mixing up 2 "Noah's Ark found on Mt. Ararat" stories...?

LOL.... more like 100 years old.

www.noahsarksearch.com...

www.arkdiscovery.com...

[edit on 27/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

when I looked at the dating of the find I did think it unusual. The reports I heard of when the flood supposodly happened was somewhere between 10000 and 12000 years ago. thanks for reminding me of that.

daz

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
How does a wooden boat hold 2 of every single animal and insect on the planet???

You know... for many years I had the same opinion as yours. How ignorant of me...

I'm not religious myself, at least not with those who think the Bible should always be taken literally.

But somewhere I read the passage where they talk about two groups of animals that should be save.

I believe it's on Genesis 7, 1-3

It should go something like this:

7:1 And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.

7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

7:3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

So, food for thought...

Peace

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Sator]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

And the GREAT FLOOD WAS ALSO REAL and was spawned to eliminate the NEPHILIM IN THEIR FLESH FORMS so humanity could thrive again otherwise we would all of been snacks to my hungry lil bonded friends, currently trapped within the ABYSS.

No.
Genesis states "there were giants (Nephilim) in those days, and also afterward."
If the flood were to eliminate the Nephilim, it didn't work (didn't kill them) and proves God fallible. Alternately, it means that they were actually on the boat, which means that God loved them and didn't want them dead. Nobody seems to catch that one.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The wood needs to be carbon dated then, in a lab. See if the computer can put a timeline or date on it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

And the GREAT FLOOD WAS ALSO REAL and was spawned to eliminate the NEPHILIM IN THEIR FLESH FORMS so humanity could thrive again otherwise we would all of been snacks to my hungry lil bonded friends, currently trapped within the ABYSS.

No.
Genesis states "there were giants (Nephilim) in those days, and also afterward."
If the flood were to eliminate the Nephilim, it didn't work (didn't kill them) and proves God fallible. Alternately, it means that they were actually on the boat, which means that God loved them and didn't want them dead. Nobody seems to catch that one.

YES THE FLOOD was to eliminte these brotheren trapped within the ABYSS as far as which ones survived the FLOOD hmmm not sure which ones you speak of, CARE TO POST THE SCRIPTURE YOU SPEAK OF WHERE the nephilim are still coexisting with MANKIND AFTERWARDS please as the intelligence would be appreciated and absorbed!!!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Isn't this story at least 10 years old now?

This really isn't new is it?

Or am I mixing up 2 "Noah's Ark found on Mt. Ararat" stories...?

LOL.... more like 100 years old.

[edit on 27/4/10 by blupblup]

As I pointed out in my opening post it is not new news especially in conspiricy circles I do think though it is new to see it in main stream news outlets like fox news or the daily mail

daz

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
another one in Turkey/ how many arks does that make now 3 I think?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This topic was fully covered as well in the thread here:

Noah's Ark Is (still) In Turkey: DISCOVERY !

It would have been nice if the OP could have run a search to see if this information was available here on ATS already - that's pretty much accepted protocol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join