It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona vandals smear swastika made of refried beans into Capitol doors

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is getting out of hand very quickly as I thought it would? Come on, refried beans smeared on the doors of the Arizona Capitol building doors in a shape of a Swastika. That is outrageous, and all it is going to do is fan the flames of anger among those affected by this legislation. They are already angry enough as it is, and now it is slowly turning it into a race issue, and one particular group is going to believe they are being unduly singled out by this measure.

This is one of the most controversial issues in the United States, and a powder keg waiting to explode. Now, is this measure a violation of privacy and borderline fascist? That remains to be seen, but with any law, it has the chance of being abused and taken to extremes. I am glad this issue is being debated and recognized by the legislature of Arizona. However, is this the right approach and equitable for all involved even American citizens? Again, the jury is still out on it.

How would law enforcement distinguish who is legal and illegal without improperly singling out one particular group? To enforce this law tactfully and carefully seems impossible? This issue needs to be discussed and action taken. However, it must be done so with care and reason. Give a politician an inch and they will always take that mile. As for the comments of Mexican President, Felipe Calderon, maybe he should look into the human rights violations, crime, and corruption in his own country? Why should he toil himself with the laws and legislation of another country? Last I heard, his country is slowly evolving into a Narco State. Hopefully, this matter remains civil, instead of devolving into riots.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well we can really narrow this down, it was one of three groups that did this. It was Mexicans(Latino's, Spanish, etc what ever PC term you want to call them) or leftists, or illegal spanish people(see note above).

Seeing how this bill had very broad support in Arizona there are only a few people that could have done it. Or of course it could have been perpetrated by the government to generate sympathy for them.

Personally I think it was radical leftist.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Light of Night

Probably the same bunch intentionally trying to disrupt the Tea Parties.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I wouldn't put it past them.

Doesn't really make much sense for illegals to do it though, at least not with refried beans at least.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Support for this initiative is quite short sighted.

Why would anyone be for this initiative?
This is just another step towards a police state, how can anyone advocate that?

Also what you are advocating makes no sense.
That's like supporting a bill to clean up a flooded town in the most inconvenient and unconstitutional way instead of saying "hey, how about we close fire hydrant".

It's ridiculous and a complete lack of... well plain thinking.

What difference does it make if you try and look for illegal immigrants all while keep on letting them in?

Only the dumbest uneducated redneck would have that small scope of thinking.
That's not an attack to anywhere here keep in mind, in fact you should all be happy of the swastika sign, AZ is showing it's true colors and those colors are of acceptance, understanding and empathy.
Be proud!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If these people were caught, I would highly doubt if there was a "white person" in the bunch.

This is a strategic move, made by uber-liberals, "Obamians" or Mexican sympathizers.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Read the bill.

All the bill does is gives Arizona authorities to enforce Federal law. The bill doesn't give police authority to just stop people and ask for their "papers".

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

What difference does it make if you try and look for illegal immigrants all while keep on letting them in?

That's kinda the point here. There was nothing being done up until now. Someone somewhere has to step up and start enforcing the laws that are already on the books.

I do agree that it is a slippery slope to a Police State, but if we, as citizens, are as in tune with what our local law enforcements are doing as we are with whoever is on TMZ this week, we could nip all of those abuses as soon as they pop up.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I disagree with you. I think this measure will at least discourage illegal immigration and crime by illegal immigrants. I agree the more approriate solution would be to close the border, but I don't think Arizona can make the call on that one.
They have a huge problem in Arizona with illegal immigration and illegal immigrants commiting crimes, I'm sure you agree with that. I know it seems Nazi-esq, but if you think about it what option do they have?
They cannot let this problem grow any worse. They can't close the border. I don't think asking them politely to leave will work. What other solution to the madness happening down there is there other then finding them and sending them home?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Uhh, all this law will do is move all the illegal immigrants to other states?
Ever thought about that?

Thanks for snowballing the whole U.S. Arizona lol.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Koolcdj69

You are right, they will go to other states, then those states will enact the SAME law. Sooner or later, the Feds will have to step up what they are SUPPOSED to be doing.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
I do agree that it is a slippery slope to a Police State, but if we, as citizens, are as in tune with what our local law enforcements are doing as we are with whoever is on TMZ this week, we could nip all of those abuses as soon as they pop up.

Really?
I mean... really?

When was the last time something like that happened?
Do you think that is at all realistic?

Originally posted by devildogUSMC
I disagree with you. I think this measure will at least discourage illegal immigration and crime by illegal immigrants.

It will only discourage illegals to drive a vehicle
Period!

They cannot let this problem grow any worse. They can't close the border. I don't think asking them politely to leave will work. What other solution to the madness happening down there is there other then finding them and sending them home?

This won't help though, it will just make them not drive that's all.
They will adapt, it's not rocket science dude.

Listen, of course my conspiratory self is also here.
They went to Iraq and destabalized certain regions in the country, now they had to stay there for a long time.
They did the same with Afghanistan.
They create a mess which for them is an excuse to do something actionable.

I believe the same applies to illegal immigration.
They intentionally allowed illegal immigrants to come in, they intentionally are not setting up border security.

This fiasco goes way deeper down the rabbit hole then this thread has gone.

how come nobody is complaining that national guardsmen are overseas?
they are NATIONAL guardsmen, why are they in other countries?

they could be used for border security AT HOME instead of being sent of to places on the other side of the planet.

But nobody mentions that, nobody mentions the root of the issues.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I disagree with you. I think this measure will at least discourage illegal immigration and crime by illegal immigrants. I agree the more approriate solution would be to close the border, but I don't think Arizona can make the call on that one.
They have a huge problem in Arizona with illegal immigration and illegal immigrants commiting crimes, I'm sure you agree with that. I know it seems Nazi-esq, but if you think about it what option do they have?

Your statement about the boders, reminds me of something.

Let`s take your back yard as an example. You have no fence around it, so, the local people and their children using your back yard as a means of getting from point A to point B. Now, you don`t mind this, until you look out and see them throwing trash on the ground, and the kids climbing you tree. You call the local police and tell them, but, they do nothing. what next?

Now, you build a fence around your yard. You look out one day, and see these people climbing over it. What are your options then? The local police won`t do nothing, what now?

My point is, sooner or later, after staying the course for so long without results, do we take matters into our own hands? I believe we have every right to. Why? If not, by doing nothing, that is no more then throwing what rights you do have away, because you won`t protect your own property. You do not work and slave for something, just so everyone else can take advantage of it and use it like it was theirs, and they owned it. It`s one thing to share what we have, but when people use it, or take it without asking, that is where I draw the line.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
My point is, sooner or later, after staying the course for so long without results, do we take matters into our own hands? I believe we have every right to.

No you don't!

“The controversial new Arizona immigration-enforcement law raises several important legal issues and will certainly be challenged in court. The U.S. Constitution makes it clear that the federal government alone has the responsibility to enact and enforce immigration laws.

“In addition, the law might lead to racial profiling and possible violations of the Fourth Amendment, which guarantees the right against unreasonable searches and seizures, and the Fourteenth Amendment, which guarantees equal protection under the law.”

www.newswise.com...

Where does it end???
No, wrong question!

The question is.. where does it start!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I agree with you 100 percent on the National Guard issue.

I never thought about it in the way you do about the destabilization of our own country for an excuse to do something actionable; that seems plausable and I would not put it past them at all.

I think you are correct about the driving issue so long as you add other minor crimes as well such as shop-lifting and even some assaults.

I do believe, however, it will discourage many from coming.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Do you not see that that is the point?!

We need to pay more attention to the real issues.

Not the fake issues.

Look past the "police state". It is more then that.

We need to enforce the laws that are already in place.

plain. and. simple.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ruler Of The Universe
Only white people could have come up with using refried beans as a statement. Pretty racial if you ask me. Mexican people know better than to waste perfectly good beans.
But seriously, Mexicans don't use the term "beaner" as a term of endearment and they would never reffer to themselves as such. Unlike blacks who like to call themselves, friends and family the "n" word.

Not to mention most of us prefer our beans whole. Beans happen to be great in the morning with your eggs and corn tortillas. Salsa and some meat and you are talking a good morning.

All this talk about this useless bill. Do you guys know how many illegals are actually leaving due to a lack of work? The estimates (as per wiki) are at least 1 million in 2007 alone. You think most of these people are going to continue to stay if there is no work? No, they aren't all collecting welfare. There are perhaps between 7 to 20 million illegals in this country (exact number unknown). According to the government sources there are only a little over 5 million Hispanics on welfare. Now, we know there is sizable population of LEGAL Hispanics. According to the data from 2007, there are 45.5 million (which does not include illegals).

Why do I say all of this? Because this hysteria is just annoying. Yes, illegal immigration is a problem but the world isn't ending. Drugs are an issue but, they would be issue without illegals too. You want to solve that? Legalize the crap. Now, it makes a whole new set of issues but it gets rid of the drug market really quick. You also take out a very large portion of the violence people fear. Every day I see some new thread about how the illegals are destroying the country. Quit blaming a population that makes up less than 10% of this country when actually counted. You were screwed before these people showed up and guess what? They are gonna be screwed just like you when the bottom finally falls out. This crap isn't about law enforcement, otherwise it would have been taken care of YEARS ago. It's about finding some to blame. Should they come here illegally? No, but i'm not going to buy in this crap. It's just going to lead to dozens of law suits.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by antonia]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Just how would you, in your esteemed opinion, handle the situation? There are very few ways to catch an illegal. This is the time tested way. You ask for identification. It is legal and it is the least intrusive.

Zindo

[edit on 4/26/2010 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Am I the only one here confused. Some on this thread seem to think it was Redneck Right types. I don't get that. The law was passed and signed, why would those on the right protest it by going to the capital and smearing a Nazi symbol. It doesn't make sense.

If I had to put bets on it I would put it 85% that those who don't support the law did it and 15% some skinhead group did.

Either way it was pretty stupid.....where the CC TV at the capital?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

And that is the whole point in the constitution. If the Feds are not doing their jobs, then we, as the people, have every right to step in. If it means taking the powers away from the Feds, then so be it. How many chances are we to give this government to do their jobs right? They are not children, who we give x number of chances, the are grownups, who are not doing their jobs. Any good business doesn`t keep slakers on the job to ruin it for the rest of the people. So why keep these people?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join