It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criminalizing Rights to Peaceably Assemble? Militia Now Viewed as "Gangs"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Folks, this is it - the final nail!

Proposed Bill Seeks Punishment for Unauthorized Militia

That's right gang, now you will need permission from the government to form a militia and to participate in one. Forget all about your right to Peaceably Assemble. If you are in an unauthorized militia you might as well be in gang - despite whether or not you are doing anything illegal. Once again, you are deemed guilty of committing a crime and will have to prove your innocence.

The way I read this is that the government is prepared to violate your 1st Ammendment, 2nd Ammendment, 4th Ammendment, 5th Ammendment, 6th Ammendment, 8th Ammendment, 9th Ammendment and 10th Ammendment rights in order to affect this witch-hunt.

Perhaps the government has forgotten that WE THE PEOPLE are a self-governing Republic where the government works FOR the people, not the other way around. The 1st Ammendment guarantess Freedom of Speech and the Right to Peaceably Assemble and a Right to Redress of Grievances. This Bill negates those rights for those who choose to assemble under an orginized militia. Next, the 2nd Ammendment begins with "A well regulated militia, being necessary to a Free State..." means that it is up to the States respectively to regulate (Or make REGULAR) the fomration of militias to ensure that state sovereignty isn't threatened by a tyrannical federal government or foreign entity.

The ability to formulate a militia by the people has been a fundamental right sinc ethis country's founding - now the government is attempting to do away with this God-given right, but to what end?

I am interested in hearing your perspective on BOTH sides of this issue.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'm surprised they even need a bill. When I was a 1%er we were labeled domestic terrorists under the Patriot Act. I'm surprised they haven't just added militias to the definition and handled it that way.....

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This isn't anything new. It has been tried before. Usually when Democrats are in power. Right now they see the clock ticking and are trying to do as much damage as they can before they get their heads handed to them in November.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
They've been demonizing patriot groups for the past 2 years. Remember the SPLC's list of "Hate groups" and "Domestic terrorists"? Under the Patriot Act one could only be arrested for violating a standing law. This attempts to codify that even being in a militia is illegal.

The Brown Shirts aren't coming, they are already here - we call them "Progressives"!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Could you post an offical source for this bill? Or some other source than the one posted. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Wait a minute, this is a DEM in Oklahoma.

Didn't just a little while ago, a Gov Rep in that state, claim they wanted to set up a militia with help from the State Government?

I think this may be just an idiot trying to rally his ignorant slackeys.

Can you look into that end kozmo?

Also, who is this idiot rep? What are his positions?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
how many people were arrested or detained wearing anti bush shirts? the man who told cheney to f... off? at least they were just wearing shirts. not making calls for violent overthrows.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
it will be a sad sad day
if this passes

before u know it, I'm gonna have
to fill out a request to go take a cr@p
and then my toilet paper is limited
cuz I'm harming trees.

what a crock !!!

here's a hint big brother
u cannot micromanage
300 Million people

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Whew! After MUCH research, here is what I have concluded... This is an Ammendment to Oklahoma Senate Bill 2018.

Update Here

I am now trying to track down various definitions used in the Ammendment, which passed the State House on April 22 and is on it's way back to the Senate. So, this is NOT a Federal initiative YET!

This applies ONLY to Oklahoma and pertains to those "Militia" not authorized by "Commander-in-Chief of the Militia for the State of OKlahoma (Whoever the heck that is?????).

So, my apologies for jumping the gun and thinking this was a Federal proposal. BUT... it IS interesting that this is the same state that was working with the Governor to ESTABLISH a militia. Which leads me to believe that the State government is attempting to usurp the authority of the people of the State of Oklahoma by taking over the militia.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Oh well, as long as they allow State sponsored militia. /s

I should have known the move to have a state militia was the beginning of making illegal any other militia.

Frelling statists!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Kosmo, this is definetly one of the last few nails in the coffin per say! this madness has got to come to a head soon. not sure what else to say as i am speechless right now!
thanks again for the information

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I wonder if their true intent with this
bill is to distinguish between regulated
militia and a gang criminal element
like the bloods and crips.

I mean they might have a point
even if it is a very weak one.

I mean would you want the Crips
or Bloods to start recruiting
mass memberships just to
threaten citizens and commit
crimes of violence???

just a thought

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hmmmmm, let's see what the US Constitution has to say about militias, shall we?

Section 8 Powers of Congress:

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
(The states militia is to be under the direction of Congress, uphold the Federal laws and quell insurections)

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
(They must have oversight to provide organizing, arming, and disciplining)

And my personal favorite........

Section 2 - Civilian Power over Military, Cabinet, Pardon Power, Appointments

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States,
(This means militias must recognize the President as Commander-In-Chief or face charges of treason.)

I can detect your butt puckering with that one. I guess your little dream of armed insurrection by treasonous rednecks doesn't fit with your imaginary version of the US Constitution.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
well if it passes... pee on em all.... and then let them open the dance...

They would go after the smaller groups but they know better than to take on the more hard core and tougher and more well armed units out here...

so when they start hitting homes and such , all it is gonna take is the word to spread and the dance starts...

And we won't stop till the music is over... but we will not fire the first shot at all...

we reserved that right for the commies in DC.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Here's a thought,

maybe these idiotic militia nutheads shouldn't threaten the government.

Could make things easier, no?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Who says it will pass, Call your senator and tell him that would be an act of treason. That that would be dangerous to safty of everyone involved. You Will form a militia if it passes, you will defend your right to bear arms. OR BE SHEEP ---And if you are cowards form a garden club!!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Here's a thought,

maybe these idiotic militia nutheads shouldn't threaten the government.

Could make things easier, no?

Those nutheads may save your butt someday - remember that. All sides have extremes not just the nutheads as you so eloquently put it. A not fringe group out there is very upset in the direction this country is taking and they have been very metered in their approach to letting this "Rogue" government know their concerns.

The blatant threats of few are not representative of the whole - but it makes for great headlines. They are allowed in the Constitution in fact demanded and they will not be swayed by some null and void Anti-Constitutional legislation.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

sorry, I don't want these people "saving" anything. A bunch of individuals who walk around with posters and signs with bad spelling and grammar screaming about how the government is evil. And believe anything Fox News tells them. Nope, sorry, these a-holes can find someone else to save because I will not associate myself with them.

Sad, if McCain were to be president, these same people would be home, eating their hamburgers and drinking their beer, satisfied as ever that a Democrat did not enter office.

Now reality hit them and they can't help the fact but be bitter immature sore losers.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
reply to post by WWJFKD

sorry, I don't want these people "saving" anything. A bunch of individuals who walk around with posters and signs with bad spelling and grammar screaming about how the government is evil. And believe anything Fox News tells them. Nope, sorry, these a-holes can find someone else to save because I will not associate myself with them.

Sad, if McCain were to be president, these same people would be home, eating their hamburgers and drinking their beer, satisfied as ever that a Democrat did not enter office.

Now reality hit them and they can't help the fact but be bitter immature sore losers.

Tarnation, but you all sound the same. you and every other democrat minded fool is falling prey to the two party bickering. this was never about left and right. its about right and wrong. im one of the majority i think when i say we havnt had a real man be president since Mr. Kennedy, and im apalled to hear when people like you stop protesting your government when it changes only the colors of tyranny. go back to your armchair and let the real patriots handle the liberty KTHX.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
what ever happened to the days when the "government" actually obeyed the constitution and the bill of rights. im only 23 and i miss the days before i was born. when there was a sense of pride when you wave an american flag. dont get me wrong, i love america. I just dont like the government with the way they are running things.
damn it, america! make me proud again!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join