It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look at how easily underground structures can be hidden

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hi All,

I am not posting an underground base as such, but more of an example of how easily they can be hidden from view and people on the surface would not even notice them.

I am refering to a mine in this case, it is now all shut down, so you never know there may be something of interest there, who knows

This is Apex mines in the Blue Mountins just West of Sydney, the first picture is of the Google Earth view and below that will be a map from the Apex Energy website which shows the full extent of the mine structure ( it's massive!!! )

It just shows how easy an underground structure whether it is a mine or base can be easily dismissed and not noticed.

The co-ordinates are below for anyone that wants to have a look at the area. The mine is closed now so there could indeed be something of interest but i dont really know, i am only speculating on that. Also the entire mine length is about 9 kms so you get an idea of how big it is.

34° 3'16.04"S 150°26'48.84"E

Thanks,

Havick

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Imagine what they can build with military funding. Those those who haven't researched D.U.M.B.S (Deep underground military bases)... Now is the time to do so.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Nice find
S&F
Who knows how many bases are out there.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Very cool. Another good one is the Denver international Airport. There are farms above their base!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Nice find my friend. Have u tried area 51? Looks intriguing IMO..

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It reminds me of someone who said when looking over the ocean.
"Look how big and great the ocean is...and then again... you only see the surface
"

What more lies beneath?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by my_republic

Yep i have spent hours looking at A51 and the supposed S4 site. Lots of odd features and areas of interest, i wont bother posting any that as id bet that one of the highest covered areas in this part of ATS.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Yeah there are heaps, there was a massive one in the UK, i cant remember where it was i saw it awhile ago. It became public so the government ended up selling it, it was purchased by a private IT company ( also contracted by the UK Govt i believe) now it holds many secure IT servers. They have massive 10 tonne blast doors inside and lots more.
Iwish i could remember the name of it.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Havick007]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If you really want to be impressed by something, do some research on the vast arrays of tunnels and underground bases that were used by the V.C. and NVA during the Vietnam War. Some of them were huge, including the headquarters section they built right under the DaNang Air Base.

Highly impressive!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

ok cool thanks, i have heard abit about that but never really looked into it.

In high school, our school was on top of a an old WW2 complex. We used to go down to the tunnels sometimes, They would start at the top of massive hill and go down and come out on the side of cliffs overlooking the beach, they used to be old Gun batteries, it was a huge area underground but open to all. It was kinda abandoned and full of grafiti and stuff, but there were lots of little room and bunker area, and there was an old iron door that had nothing behind it, it was a liitle 6x6 room, kinda the size of jail cell, some poeple used to say there tunnels that led right to sydney ( 150 kms away ) but it was bricked up. I dont know if thats true or not.
Was cool though. It was the Hill 60 tunnels in Port Kembla NSW, Australia.
Some people said there was massive old hospital underground nearby as well but i never saw that.

en.wikipedia.org... - pictures of the tunnels and look outs to the beach.

en.wikipedia.org...

Back in school was great fun going down there. Kinda spooky though lol. Some very dark rooms and other tunnels that just disapeared into darkness.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The VC tunnels in Viet Nam are awesome, and you should read about the exploits of the "tunnel rats" that used to explore these things. Incredible.

Another point of interest would be the "National Redoubt." of Nazi Germany. It was situated in the Bavarian Alps and Harz Mountains. They had an underground airfield with plans for two more, entire factories producing planes and rockets...in fact, after placing in caves and tunnels...aircraft production in 1944 exceeded 1943. The amazing thing...only a hundred yards from Allied Lines and we never knew it.

The US pushed into this area, and this is where we recovered the V-2 and A-7 rocket plants, the prototypes of the Horten Bros, and the mythical Nazi UFOs. Really an amazing read...look into it.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Actually in regard to my post above about the old tunnels near my old high school, i think it warrants a seperate post as well. This to is a great example of how easily things can be hidden. The first picture is a G/Earth view, the Red lines are what i remember of the tunnels, and the following pictures are from inside courtesy of Wikipedia.

The red arrow is the main entrance.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb349cb93e24.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f6d40be391b5.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7219d4870fa.jpg[/atsimg]

This is the old battery on the side of the cliffs.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/acf5d54531e0.jpg[/atsimg]

This is the second one

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10ebddb8251a.jpg[/atsimg]

This one is back from WW2 era - you can see the gun pointing out towards the ocean.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de9962ce5be1.jpg[/atsimg]

Just another shot ( above )

As you can see from the above shot, you cant even notice it's there. I would never have found out about if i hadnt gone to school nearby.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

I looked up denver, very odd place indeed. What's up with the art there. The Masonic stuff too. Very weird place. I looked up abit on it and saw that George Noory devoted 4 hours to DIA.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yeah Denver airport is pretty crazy. Jesse Ventura covered it on the underground bases episode. Watch the part here:

www.youtube.com...

Denver would be the perfect place to survive a 1000 foot high tsunami.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Oh thats right i remember that now, the same episode that has Dulce in it yeah?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Sorry i was thinking of Alien Hunters not this clip.

thanks again

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Well,did you ever consider the people who worked there removing the material knew about it?

Or the families of the men who dug it out?

Hidden not really,forgotten only by the youth of today.

They find something that has "always" been there but just forgotten and then they have a "eureka" moment.

I continually read about all these secret underground government facilities

termed DUMB (Deep Underground Military Bases) the only part of that term that is true is the foolish people who believe that because a lunatic wrote a book and promoted it on conspiracy sites and radio shows.

Where did they dispose of the BILLIONS of tons of material while building these sites?

Do not even use the argument of some high tech tunneling machine that melted the earth.

You CAN NOT melt earth!

Molten material can become earth as seen from volcanic eruptions but once it becomes cooled it can not be returned to a molten state.

There are many mineral materials that melt at high temperature,that is the ones we use today in our modern society,but rock? I don't think so.

Unless they did find a thick layer of salt as is evidenced in Louisiana,Oklahoma and Texas,they could dissolve it and remove the brine,but that would require extensive amount of water to dispose of.

But it seems that the secret government is to stupid to construct sites in logical places like that.

Even Area 51 at the Nevada Test Site are the underground facilities and their entrances,if the exist,really hidden?

A long period ago an ATSer began a thread discussing some odd item in Area 51 he had discovered using Google Earth.

He had posted a screen shot of the item and there was a lively discussion by many members as to what it was.

I followed the debate with more than a little humor and disbelief that NOT ONE of the many people posting a response was even mentioning the obvious.

It was as if it was hidden in plain sight to them.

The object they discussed is in the upper right of the picture.

What else do you see?

I added the comment just to help you out!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a7d513a1faf1.jpg[/atsimg]

Look how the area around it is discolored. This is what happens when man disturbs the natural soil.

Even tire tracks across the desert will cause this.

Man has not learned to hide this disturbance as much as they would like to.

And on a side note, those who keep believing there are deep underground facilities for get one thing.

If you ever explore a cave it is a nice 55 degrees in the areas humans visit regularly close to the surface but the deeper one goes the hotter it gets!

How do they keep these deep underground facilities comfortable enough for humans to survive?

Denying Ignorance, one ATSer at a time.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Very interesting thread, thanks for posting it.
Great example of how it actually is to know if something is below you. This picture is from above, it seems like it would be even harder to notice if you were on the ground level.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

You missed the whole point of my post, i wasnt saying these are some cover up or hidden, of course people know about them, that is how i posted it, they have never been secret.

My point was how underground structures can be hidden from view. That was the point of this post.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Yeah it is so hard to tell unless you know about it. Up where i used to live and near those tunnels i posted there were heaps of other bunker's and tunnels from WW2 although of them locked or unsafe. But we always had fun in school going down the tunnels i posted.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join