It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Rig Sinks: This is the trigger I have been fearing...Economic Collapse Iminent?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Just in time for summer travel and the regular increase in fuel demand. Just like before the economic crisis we were being told we are clawing our way out of.
Remember that summer two years ago when gas almost cost $5 a gallon in the US? Remember how after months of that people couldn't pay their rents and mortgage's?
MSM focused on political posturing...oh this side made bad loans legal that side let it happen...the other side forced people to buy when they couldn't afford it....ALL TO COVER FOR THE OIL COMPANIES BEING THE REAL CULPRET for gouging the poeples pockets, and crashing the economy. And some say it wasn't really the oil companies, it was speculators on walstreet running up the price per barrel.
Well I think its a combo of the two latter.
And I recal going into those high prices, before speculators were blamed, oil companies cited some breakdowns as shunting the flow.

Well, here we go again.

It works like this.
Loss of production combined with an increase in demand.
Environmental impact forces new legistalion.
Implementaion on new legislation and fines are costly for the oil company, who pushes the loss on to the consumer.
Speculators see this just as plain as day.

It really was the cost of fuel that drove the economic collapse...if people weren't spending so much $ on gas for so long, they coulda kept paying their mortgage's...if they kept paying their mortgage's then the avalanche of bad loans and how they were bundled and sold would have continued successfully.
The oil companies were protected by political posturing and focusing on banks...who all got bailed out for doing their part.

If we don't prove that our eyes are open and we won't be fooled again...this oil rig sinking will be an excuse along with new legistations for prices to go up as we come into summer, when demand for oil is highest. The oil companies will play the role of the victim of circumstance and government...but the citizens will suffer, as they can't afford to get to work, as they can't afford neccesities that cost more due to increase in cost of transporting them.

oil-price.net...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
during the expensive gas time 2 years ago they raised the price on all shipping and have really made it unaffordable
shipping to my location was usually 1 dollar a pound now it is at least 2-4 dollars a pound

when gas prices came down there price stayed the same
i will bet fedex puralator and us mail are making record profits

were in the stage of them bleeding us dry
its a shame i quit buying anything online because the shipping costs are just not worth it on alot of items i was paying more for it to be shipped than it even costs

[edit on 22-4-2010 by dean007]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
To have free energy would create free people.

Free people is the opposite of what U.S. Corporate Government wants.

Everything goes back to energy and money.

Controlling money controls the energy.

If the government wanted to be helpful they would.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
Remember that summer two years ago when gas almost cost $5 a gallon in the US? Remember how after months of that people couldn't pay their rents and mortgage's?

People shouldn't be driving big gas guzzling cars then.

My motor gets around 50mpg. What do American cars get? 10-12 mpg?

If Americans weren't so greedy and egotistical, they'd have built cities that were much more closely knit, just as in the "old world". It's easy to navigate a town or city on foot when it isn't all spread out over vast and unnecessary distances. It's even better with a properly built, funded and used mass transit system.

Better yet, they would have built and maintained railways that allowed free travel.... instead, they were all torn out in favour of everyone having a big, expensive and unefficient car....

How blind, arrogant and egotisitcal.

Peace.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by dampnickers]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

And truck drivers should park their semi's. We should carve our ipods out of the trees we grow in our backyards for our food, wear clothes we make from the skin of the animals we raise for food, and go back to string and cups for phone calls.

Or, use what we have responsibly, and fight the wool being drawn over our eyes...

The MSM seems to really be watching the oil rig pretty close...like they did with the collapse in the coal mine. I don't think it is only because of the loss of life, which is sad...
It is so when energy prices go up dramatically...it will be fresh in our minds that there have been misfortunes in the industry to support claims of needing to increase prices.
This effort is the oppossite of items TPTB don't want to happen, like when N Korea sank S Korea's cruiser last month. Hardly anything on the MSM at all about it. And now that it has been confirmed...nothing on MSM unless you are searching for it...but it won't make radio or TV...TPTB don't want it....they do want higher energy prices. So...more we will pay.

By the way...my truck runs on propane...I've been running propane for 6 years now. That doesn't mean I am not affected by increase in costs...as I am sure that you are not either...50mpg or no...you still have to buy milk and bread do you not...how do you think it got to the store...The Stork did it, or was it Santa Clause? No...I'm thinking TRUCK.

The effects of fuel prices going up effects everyone (ok....the dude that is completely self sufficient and living isolated is the exception) and will for a while to come...I'm not saying it has to always be this way, I long for other ways to power things that don't require burning things...but at this time, and in the world we are in...this is what we have, and the cost of fuel affects everyone.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I dont get it? it is total madness.
they should give more money to the people.
the people are the customers.
the more they spend the more the sellers make.
if people dont buy any thing it is They who lose.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

I agree it is total madness, but there is a method to their madness.

Their method in-fact creates more money, when people are incapable of taking care of themselves.

The housing market is a perfect example which applies to motor-vehicles as well as other material possessions.

Paying for your Mort-Gauge (Death-promise), you put money in for so many years and when the housing market bubble bursts, you loose your home and your invested money.

Those whom control the money, control the law, and those which control the money, control everything the money buys.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom

Or, use what we have responsibly, and fight the wool being drawn over our eyes...

I actually thought you would reason and logic to defeat my argument. Yet, with that sentence alone you blew your own argument out of the water.

Not once have I seen an American consumer (!) demand a car that runs on water. Yet the technology exists.

Not once have I seen an American consumer demand locally grown produce, yet the products exist.

I actually do use milk, and I do eat bread, you are quite correct. How do I get them? I make my own bread. I don't buy expensive and unhealthy crap from the supermarkets.

Where do I get my potatoes from? My garden. Just like my raspberries, rhubarb, strawberries, leeks, carrots, onions, parsley, sage, rosemary, mint, apples, figs, pears, nettles, dandilions, and so on.

You never know how rewarding it is, until you have grown for yourself. It is also most rewarding to know that I haven't needed to have to go to a supermarket and pay way over the odds for unhealthy, chemical laden crap. The food I grow doesn't require a "truck" to get it to me, nor does it require the expenditure of any fuels by any machines. I do it all by hand, and it saves me a fortune, keeps me healthy, and gives me exercise.

Try it.

As for ipods, and what not... what ever happened to making music for yourself? Learn to play an instrument, and get into a band.... you'll make friends that way. iPods are designed to "individualise" you. Disconnect you from your friends, and ultimately your life. Buy a record player if you want to listen to music, and listen with friends... life is for living, not for being disconnected.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
reply to post by buddha

I agree it is total madness, but there is a method to their madness.

Their method in-fact creates more money, when people are incapable of taking care of themselves.

The housing market is a perfect example which applies to motor-vehicles as well as other material possessions.

Paying for your Mort-Gauge (Death-promise), you put money in for so many years and when the housing market bubble bursts, you loose your home and your invested money.

Those whom control the money, control the law, and those which control the money, control everything the money buys.

Therein lies one of the main problems. You talk about their "madness", and how they control the money. Yet you fail to realise that the "money" you use every day is actually worth nothing.

Take a $50 note/bill from your wallet (if you have one), and look at it. Now tell me what it is worth. Really look at it. Feel the texture of it, read the words. What is it worth?

It's actually a bit of paper that is no better than me scribbling IOU on a scrap of paper, and handing it over at the till. The sooner people reliase this, the better off we will all be.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I know the money system and how it works better then any person you will find on ATS, this I can assure you.

I know the currency is fiat. The currency is only worth what the people accept it to be. Which is everyone now.

The origin of money is the hours worked, derived from the labor of Man. What was given was a means of value for the labor done.

If i try to go into a store with my gold coin, they will may accept it, but it wouldn't be input into the stores money collector, but merely the persons own pocket.

Is the method of madness my own? Of course not, it is the Free Masons/Illuminati's method, which has been around for over 2,000 years.

If you were to write IOU on a scrap of paper it would be unaccepted.

The Federal Reserve creates debt which is borrowed from China or from the New Funders which created the 3 Trillion bail out package. Which is then turned into electronic money or paper money 97% of money is electronic.

The Interest on the debt created is then paid-off so the system may continue.

Edited to add: Is there something I missed or don't understand? I am trying to keep it short and sweet.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I agree with your fuel economy, but to compare Europe to the US in relation to size is completely wrong IMO. Europe has a lot less square miles than the US. You don't think that Europeans would be spread out more than they are now if they had more space to do so.... I guarantee you wouldn't be as closely knit if your countries were larger. Look at New England, they are very concentrated but as you head west it's more spread out as the land is more virgin to European descendants. You give it time and the US could be as condensed as Europe and have the same kind of transportation benefits you do. Look at Japan, they are so overly populated they are building new area. Anyway that as off topic but come on, no comparison there....

EDIT: we come from the same descendants by the way so calling us Greedy is also calling yourself greedy..... People are greedy in general and that's why society will never change. Its going to take a world altering event to change those behaviors.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by graaly]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

your right...

People think that thier countries are "in debt" but really, its people who are in debt with people... and these paper "IOUs" are worth something... its somebodys productive contribution to society... in some changed form.

we all depend on each other for goods and services, money isn't really nessaccary at all... hope when the dollar finally crashes people will understand that currency is finite... it can be changed.... has been changed... and we really can do without it

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

"The effects of fuel prices going up effects everyone (ok....the dude that is completely self sufficient and living isolated is the exception) and will for a while to come...I'm not saying it has to always be this way, I long for other ways to power things that don't require burning things...but at this time, and in the world we are in...this is what we have, and the cost of fuel affects everyone. "

That is from my previous post you quoted....
And to you personally I appologize for my assumptions...you are nearly exactly what I called the exception.
But, you are not totally disconected and free from the effects of increased energy prices? Got solar panels powering the computer your typing on? If you say yes...I'm gonna be so jealous. Or maybe a little wind turbine pupming juice to power you lights?

Point is your using technology and products produced from the same things you say we don't need...

I applaud your self sufficiency...but you appear to be happy that those of us who aren't, suffer at the hand of those who hold the power...litteraly.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

OK, so you grow some of your own food. Well done. Where do you live? I hope it's not near any highways otherwise the lead content of your food is going to be way above safe limits.

And what makes ipods any different from listening to music with headphones in any of the past decades. My grandfather used headphones form at least the 1940's onwards if he wanted to enjoy some music on his own. And what's wrong with listening to music when you're alone? ...and I hope your talking about an acoustic band, otherwise...darn, you're drawing an awful lot of power from the grid. And how do you come to the conclusion that people who use ipods don't listen to music with their friends as well?

And while I'm at it, um...your on the internet...how can you be self righteous about iphone useage?

I think if you made an honest assessment of what you use in daily life you would find that you couldn't live without road, rail, sea,air transport and industry in general. Clothes? Housing? Electricity? Manufactured products of any kind? Medical care/products? What musical instruments do you own? etc etc etc.

And if your a hippy of any sort, maybe you've dabbled in certain recreational potions? You should see the environmental impact of drug manufacture...horrible.

Self righteousness doesn't help anyone..

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Just another reason to get rid of money. I hope the economy collapse, so they can all look around and open their eyes.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

WRONG! See that's what makes us American. Just because we like big cars and subdivisions and driving to where we need to go doesn't mean we have to rely on foreign oil or destroy and pollute our environment. Sorry but I have no effing desire to live like your average European on top of each other in cramped, busy and polluted cities in apartments. No thanks. I'm an American and I like my 3 bedroom 2.5 bath house on some land. I don't want to be able to smell or hear my annoying neighbors. You europeans think you have things all figured out but you don't. If you want to live like a bunch of lemmings one on top of each other so be it but that doesn't mean the rest of the world has to.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Bring it...Bring on the dreed, the people running around in the streets worried about it all.
This will pass as it always does,.. just with higher gas prices

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Bet ya haven't seen this yet!!!!! Big News about this rig.... breaking!!!!

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- "A crew member from an oil platform that sank off the Louisiana coast Thursday reported an initial explosion three hours before the rig went up in flames in a second, larger explosion, the Coast Guard said".

hosted.ap.org...

[edit on 22-4-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

You wouldn't be suggesting...no...not that it was INTENTIONAL
Oh, good your not just suggesting, you bring proof as well!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join