It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dozens hurt after cruise ship lists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

dozens hurt after cruise ship lists

www.cnn.com

Several dozen passengers on a Carnival cruise ship Wednesday were injured when the vessel made a sudden turn to avoid an object in the water.

Carnival says the incident occurred Wednesday afternoon on the 2,052-passenger Carnival Ecstasy, which was sailing in the Gulf of Mexico on the final leg of a five-day cruise out of Galveston, Texas. The line says the ship was forced to perform an unusually sharp maneuver to avoid a large buoy that was adrift and mostly submerged, preventing it from being detected the ship's radar. The maneuver resulted in the ship listing notably to port.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.usatoday.com

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
the story snippet was from usa today, they provided more information but cnn wass the first to post. IMO they should be trained more sufficiently on dealing with these types of emergencies, I know stuff like this happens rarely but they should still be able to maneuver without injuring all these people. i don't understand how it was undetected, considering the ship should be equipped with under water obstacle equipment not just stuff on the surface. Sorry if i got it wrong with the equipment.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-4-2010 by jziegler]

join