It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tracking chips/mind control in the brain?? Here we go!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hi all-

So I didn't see anything posted about this new technology So forgive me if it was posted before, but I found this article about a new technology.

ScienceDaily (Apr. 18, 2010) — Scientists have developed a brain implant that essentially melts into place, snugly fitting to the brain's surface. The technology could pave the way for better devices to monitor and control seizures, and to transmit signals from the brain past damaged parts of the spinal cord.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Now I know it doesn't say that it would be used for tracking but i'm sure the government will use it someday like that. Something that "Melts into place" that can transmit a signal seems like a bad idea for me. Who knows it could maybe also be used to control peoples mind or any number of things. What do you guys think??

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Trudge]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
They do not need chips, just your brain frequency which they can get from you using your mobile phone.

If they have your frequency they can do just as much.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yeah. I saw this earlier and decided not to post it. First thing I thought of was an old Pink Floyd song.

..and if I go insane, please don't put your wires, in my brain.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
Yeah. I saw this earlier and decided not to post it. First thing I thought of was an old Pink Floyd song.

..and if I go insane, please don't put your wires, in my brain.

hehe ya thats for sure.. I'm sure that this technology will be use for bad things in the future.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This makes an earlier thread make a whole lot more sense

Lawmakers Are Working On Anti-Brain-Chip Bill

Go microchipped zombies!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
They do not need chips, just your brain frequency which they can get from you using your mobile phone.

If they have your frequency they can do just as much.

Hi andy1033 do you have a source anywhere which talks about controling peoples mind by getting your brain frequency from using your mobile phone?

Originally posted by dashen
This makes an earlier thread make a whole lot more sense

Lawmakers Are Working On Anti-Brain-Chip Bill

Go microchipped zombies!

wow thanks for the post dashen, I didn't know they were working on a bill to stop stuff like that. Only downside is the government always seems to be "exempt" from bills and if they get questioned the president will just say that they don't have to say anything because of national security or some junk like that.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trudge
hehe ya thats for sure.. I'm sure that this technology will be use for bad things in the future.

Too right, no morals at all in this society.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Hi andy1033 do you have a source anywhere which talks about controling peoples mind by getting your brain frequency from using your mobile phone?

No, we all have our own frequency and like a finger print it is, otherwise we would all be reading each others thoughts lol.

On the mobile phone thing, i think this is one of the uses for the mobile phone. If they target you and need your frequency they can use your mobile phone.

You take as what you want, but thats what i believe.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

No, we all have our own frequency and like a finger print it is, otherwise we would all be reading each others thoughts lol.

On the mobile phone thing, i think this is one of the uses for the mobile phone. If they target you and need your frequency they can use your mobile phone.

You take as what you want, but thats what i believe.

Ahh ok thank you, I was just wondering if you had any articles on detecting brain frequencies and ways to "tune" in to the frequency.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Hi all-

So I didn't see anything posted about this new technology So forgive me if it was posted before, but I found this article about a new technology.

Now I know it doesn't say that it would be used for tracking but i'm sure the government will use it someday like that. Something that "Melts into place" that can transmit a signal seems like a bad idea for me. Who knows it could maybe also be used to control peoples mind or any number of things. What do you guys think??

Well, there's multiple things here. One, it's an electrode technology, so what you've got here is a means for probing surface neurons, and not much else. Two, no one knows what sort of long term effects this will have on the test animals in terms of material incompatibility - neurons are fragile little things and generally don't much like metallic probing over the long haul. We'll see. Three, in order to install this, you have to pretty much do a total craniotomy on the animal. It's not the sort of system you're going to install by giving someone a bogus one-a-day for breakfast.

Next, it doesn't "transmit" anything. It's an electrode system. You might hook it to something that does, but then you've still got the whole congeries of problems with transmitting anything outside of a living animal due to power and path loss issues.

Finally, the entire 'tracking' thing puzzles me, you generally leave plenty of data behind for finding you if one so chose, but what about this brain electrode system says "tracking" to you? It seems a bit of a non-sequitur. I'm not real sure what about your brain is a valid input for tracking you. Especially a system that would require complex and hideously expensive surgery, a long convalescence, and at the end, just have electrodes on your brain.

As far as "mind control" goes, what does that mean to you? I've seen ATSers that think it's getting you to respond to advertisements. If you think this thing can be used to make you do the Imhotep two-step whilst chanting "I am your slave", probably not. Your brain is wonderfully complex, and three dimensional at that - surface electrodes may help for some applications but finding a 'thought' or a 'feeling' or 'attitude' isn't the sort of thing where you can say 'x marks the spot' and now the guy votes Libertarian after a two second stimulation on pair 15,223.

If you've ever been to a university where the psych majors do animal brain mods, you can go peruse the cat map. There are volumes of data showing that if you bolt a stereotactic cage to a cat's head, drill a hole in the skull, then insert a probe to a depth of x millimeters and create a lesion with an electrical stimulus of y milliAmps, you can make a cat with certain deficits.

One popular cat was the cat with the on/off switch - if you place a lesion in the reticular formation just right, you end up with a permanently sleeping cat. If you want to play with the kitty, you put a clothespin on his tail (or paperclip on his ear). He'll play, run around, eat, poop and what not, take off the clip and down he goes.

Even such crude "mind control" as that requires a lesion placed in three dimensions - there are a number of interesting surface features but most of the real "fun stuff" is deep structure. This won't address that, ever. It will be able to pick up some motor impulses and likely a bit of visual information at the back. As far as "controlling" you that way, this is a blunt instrument. Could probably make you have a seizure, or collapse, or die. But not vote Democratic, or fall in love, or walk around with your hands out in the Frankenstein position saying "I love the NWO you are my master".

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Not at all. People's brains tend to produce aggregate activity that falls into broad and ill-defined bands of frequency based on what they're doing at the time, but it's akin to listening to the noise inside a football stadium from the outside.

You can tell something's happening, but it doesn't tell you much.

It doesn't radiate either, in terms of radio waves, and the amplitude is hella low. Plus, it couldn't convey much in terms of encoded info, even if there really were any, which there's not. The frequencies are too low.

If you've ever dicked around with a brain wave biofeedback system, you'd see that you don't put out the same frequency or waveforms from one second to the next. And you can eventually make them change by thinking about it, with a bit of practice.

At any rate, why would they need your brainwaves, even if they were one frequency, which they're not? They've got your number by the fact that you're carrying around your cell phone. Those have serial numbers built in that pinpoint whose phone is which, otherwise people couldn't call you. It's a lot cheaper than what you'd need to pick up someone's EEG inductively from the handset.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Bedlam]

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Bedlam]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Hi Bedlam-

So for the tracking method there are tracking chips that are as small as a grain of rice so It wouldn't take but a small change to have a tracking chip on it.

Now, whats a VeriChip?
Applied Digital Solutions Inc, a company into RFID applications, end-to-end food safety systems, GPS/Satellite communications, and telecomm and security infrastructure, has come up with a unique solution called the VeriChip. This chip is a subdermal RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) device that can be used in a variety of security, financial, emergency identification and other applications. About the size of a grain of rice, each VeriChip product contains a unique verification number. When this chip senses one of Verichip's proprietary scanners, it gets activated and transmits a unique ID number to the scanner. If the number matches an ID number in a database, the person with the chip under his or her skin can enter a secured room, complete a financial transaction, get his medical records verified, etc.

www.thecheers.org...

As far as being able to control your thoughts here is a little bit of changing the way people think.

Magnets can alter a person's sense of morality, according to a new report in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Using a powerful magnetic field, scientists from MIT, Harvard University and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center are able to scramble the moral center of the brain, making it more difficult for people to separate innocent intentions from harmful outcomes. The research could have big implications for not only neuroscientists, but also for judges and juries.

"It's one thing to 'know' that we'll find morality in the brain," said Liane Young, a scientist at MIT and co-author of the article. "It's another to 'knock out' that brain area and change people's moral judgments."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Now I know it says powerful magnet but if you make that device magnetic and insert it into the area where it changes the morality of people I would consider that mind control. Also I'm sure in the future we will find ways to use this device to make it possible to control peoples actions/thoughts.

I don't remember how long ago but I remember watching something about cats and mice also about changing there behavior and when you were talking about the cats I thought of it. I don't remember the whole show but it was about making cats agressive and angry towards each other by sending a signal to the brain.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Hi Bedlam-

So for the tracking method there are tracking chips that are as small as a grain of rice so It wouldn't take but a small change to have a tracking chip on it.

Well, that's not a "tracking chip". It's a serial number h-field part. It doesn't "transmit", at least not using radio waves. It's also totally passive. When it's not being interrogated, it doesn't do anything at all. And since it's an h-field part, it can't be interrogated from a distance.

In addition, I'd have to ask again - why would a brain surface electrode technology which requires a near total craniotomy to implant be an enabler for "tracking"? If you HAD some sort of tracking system, which the Verichip most definitely is not, you'd hope that it wouldn't require $200K of surgery and a month in the hospital to implement.

As far as being able to control your thoughts here is a little bit of changing the way people think.

The reason they're using a magnetic field, and it's not a static field, it's a time-varying field for an obvious reason, is that it penetrates below the surface, which this electrode system would not.

Time varying magnetic fields induce currents in conductors. Your brain being a sack of saline with some fat and protein added, the saline part qualifies. So you get small currents induced all over the farking brain. It's another blunt instrument. You could get the same effect by driving a nail into someone's head, if you did it just right.

Now I know it says powerful magnet but if you make that device magnetic and insert it into the area where it changes the morality of people I would consider that mind control. Also I'm sure in the future we will find ways to use this device to make it possible to control peoples actions/thoughts.

If you made the device magnetic, it wouldn't be the device in the article. But no matter, the field is perturbing the functioning of the brain as a whole - it's definitely not "aimed". Thus my comment that it's a blunt instrument. If you screw up the pre-frontal area, you get anti-social behavior, whether you do it with a magnetic field or a sharp stick. I guess you could call a lobotomy "mind control" too, by that definition, or just whacking someone on the head with a mallet.

Not to mention that in order to induce a sufficient time-varying field, you'd also need to implant a battery the size of the guy's head.

More straight forward might be using a deep electrode, or just using a "person map" and giving them a lesion; it would be a lot cheaper. But I'm unsure why you'd want to make pissed off anti-social people by means of major surgery.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Well, that's not a "tracking chip". It's a serial number h-field part. It doesn't "transmit", at least not using radio waves. It's also totally passive. When it's not being interrogated, it doesn't do anything at all. And since it's an h-field part, it can't be interrogated from a distance.

Well your right, its not a true "tracking chip" but if lets say, the government had scanners installed in buildings they could track where you have been at what time. I know right now the technology isn't advanced enough but given time that will change.

Not to mention that in order to induce a sufficient time-varying field, you'd also need to implant a battery the size of the guy's head.

again I know the technology isn't there right now but batteries are getting smaller and smaller each day.

I'm not saying that what they have just made is the end result, but rather given time this device will be used for "evil" and i'm sure there are people working on this right now on how to change it for there own use....

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Bedlam

Well your right, its not a true "tracking chip" but if lets say, the government had scanners installed in buildings they could track where you have been at what time. I know right now the technology isn't advanced enough but given time that will change.

Not for a near-field part, it won't. You just cannot hit them outside the lambda wall, they will only work in the near field. Not that you can get anywhere near a lambda wall distance scan out of one, there is a sixth-power-of-the-distance power density issue with h-field on the outbound leg, and a hellacious SNR problem coming back.

Nothing is going to fix that.

Not that they need to, either, unless you're Ted Kaczynski, you leave little traces whereever you go.

again I know the technology isn't there right now but batteries are getting smaller and smaller each day.

I'm not saying that what they have just made is the end result, but rather given time this device will be used for "evil" and i'm sure there are people working on this right now on how to change it for there own use....

There's a limit to the amount of energy storage per unit volume you can get, no matter what tech you use. And it has to be a secondary cell, so it can be recharged. I would expect most people would be unwilling to stick their heads in a charger for the NWO.

I always see this as analogous to people being afraid of being gunned down on the street by a laser on a satellite. Yeah, you might be able to do it if you spent billions developing it, but it's a lot cheaper to just shoot someone in the gourd with a 2 cent 9mm cartridge.

Maybe I could, in a very unwieldy and erratic fashion, get you to be an antisocial whack job by doing very expensive major brain surgery on you. What's the gain? I could get pretty much the same effect by giving you a spritz of BZ in the gob whilst walking by you on the street, saving the gubmint about $200k. Plus it doesn't make you disappear to hospital for a couple of months, and doesn't leave those telltale scars.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Maybe I could, in a very unwieldy and erratic fashion, get you to be an antisocial whack job by doing very expensive major brain surgery on you. What's the gain? I could get pretty much the same effect by giving you a spritz of BZ in the gob whilst walking by you on the street, saving the gubmint about $200k. Plus it doesn't make you disappear to hospital for a couple of months, and doesn't leave those telltale scars.

hehe good point bedlam.. Not saying its the most cost effective thing around but then again the government spends millions of dollars on bogus surveys like, why are there traffic jams (maybe to many cars not enough roads LOL) so i'm sure they don't care about money look how much we are giving to crooks right now (wall street/banks)

very good discussion thank you for your posts if I could give you a star and a flag I would hehe

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Reply to post by dashen

Hahahaha!!! Thank you so much for that. That brightened my otherwise mundane day! Mircochipped zombies FTW!!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Trudge

Now an interesting thing that's cost effective might be that the gubmint's real interested in what parasites and bacteria affect your behavior, how, and how you might make that more effective and/or more selective.

Fer instance, toxoplasma can induce old ladies to hoard cats, thus providing a vector for the infection. In nature, there are a number of parasites and infections that influence the infected organism to assist in its spread.

The question was, why not humans, and what sorts of things might be doing this in humans that we haven't been paying attention to? And if we found some, how might we co-opt that?

There is, of course, the obvious alternative, if you can't find a natural organism that provokes a behavior you'd like, perhaps you could teach E. coli to produce something usefully psychoactive the way we teach them to make insulin?

Thus might you be given a nice strain of E. coli (xanax) in your McDonald's burger, and maybe one that wouldn't activate until given another chemical signal as a trigger.

THAT is a hot topic. Mostly in terms of could you spray a lot of enemy troops with that, or maybe spray the ground you're on and retreat, leaving the enemy to infect themselves with something that makes them go nuts ala 21 days after, or maybe passive and obedient, whilst your own soldiers are properly vaccinated, walk in and whack them in the heads like Canadians going after harp seals the next week.

Psychoactive infectives, that's where you should be peeking around. Way better than chips in the head, which just have all sorts of technical issues.

Back when I last bothered to read the tech lit on it, seems like they were hot onto some odd variant strain of Brucellosis that provoked bizarre irresponsible behavior in people, but it's been years ago.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
man Allan Watt from www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com has been talking about these chips that mold into the brain for over four years now . Never took him that serious over this matter ,might reconsider.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
reply to post by Trudge

Now an interesting thing that's cost effective might be that the gubmint's real interested in what parasites and bacteria affect your behavior, how, and how you might make that more effective and/or more selective.

Fer instance, toxoplasma can induce old ladies to hoard cats, thus providing a vector for the infection. In nature, there are a number of parasites and infections that influence the infected organism to assist in its spread.

The question was, why not humans, and what sorts of things might be doing this in humans that we haven't been paying attention to? And if we found some, how might we co-opt that?

There is, of course, the obvious alternative, if you can't find a natural organism that provokes a behavior you'd like, perhaps you could teach E. coli to produce something usefully psychoactive the way we teach them to make insulin?

Thus might you be given a nice strain of E. coli (xanax) in your McDonald's burger, and maybe one that wouldn't activate until given another chemical signal as a trigger.

THAT is a hot topic. Mostly in terms of could you spray a lot of enemy troops with that, or maybe spray the ground you're on and retreat, leaving the enemy to infect themselves with something that makes them go nuts ala 21 days after, or maybe passive and obedient, whilst your own soldiers are properly vaccinated, walk in and whack them in the heads like Canadians going after harp seals the next week.

Psychoactive infectives, that's where you should be peeking around. Way better than chips in the head, which just have all sorts of technical issues.

Back when I last bothered to read the tech lit on it, seems like they were hot onto some odd variant strain of Brucellosis that provoked bizarre irresponsible behavior in people, but it's been years ago.

Wow very interesting stuff, thank you for that bit of info bedlam.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join