It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli troops fire flares over southern Lebanon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Israeli troops fire flares over southern Lebanon

www.earthtimes.org

Israeli troops fired flares late Saturday over southern Lebanon, prompting the Lebanese Army to go on alert, Lebanese security sources said.

At least two flares were fired over the village of Addissey, at the edge of the Lebanese-Israeli border, the Lebanese Army said in a statement.

The incident prompted the Lebanese Army in the area to go on alert, the sources said.

The incident came a day after some 50 villagers from the southern Lebanese town of Abbasiyeh on Friday removed barbed wire that was set up by Israel three days ago and crossed the so-called Blue Line border separating Le
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.monstersandcrit ics.com

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
It seems to be escalating after Israel accuses Syria of giving SCUDS to Hezbollah in Lebanon, and yesterday the barbed wire that Israeli soldiers placed on the border which villagers inside Lebanon removed.

Also King Abdullah of Jordan told US congress that war is imminent, and now flares over Southern Lebanon possibly for lighting up targets for airstrikes or intelligence gathering at least.

www.earthtimes.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This is not good news.

It certainly does seem like a conflict is imminent eh?

I certainly hope all of this is just posturing and nobody has the canoodles to go through with any of it.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I certainly hope all of this is just posturing and nobody has the canoodles to go through with any of it.

I think somebody predicted on another thread that the 17th-18th April would be when it all starts.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by john124]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
It certainly does seem like a conflict is imminent eh?

Sadly, I think you're right. It's one thing to merely threaten and talk about the possibility of war, it's another when you start evacuating people, moving troops, and locating targets.

Seems everybody is starting to get their ducks in a row....

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
There gonna attack before the ash cloud shuts down the Israeli airforce

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

How convenient a news cover for this little war eh?

That's a very interesting point as well though..

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I was wondering when Israel would make the next move....they have been too quiet the last couple of days.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
israel needs to quickly eliminate and cripple hezbollah/lebanon so that they can turn their full force against syria////and iran...

israel may need to destroy syria, killing the president or causing him into exile, they will then set a puppet leader in syria, that puppet leader will be like the USA, he will have a strong army with secret technology, he will wage war against the muslim shia population in iraq and iran...

if they succeed then we should expect a strike on iran nuclear facilities

(the above is only speculation
)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolftotem
reply to post by john124

I was wondering when Israel would make the next move....they have been too quiet the last couple of days.

Being quiet could be a sign they were preparing for something big.

Israel dropped flares back in 2007 inside S. Lebanon during hezbollah tactical maneuvers.

www.haaretz.com...

If hezbollah are moving around SCUDS or other equipment, then it seems likely Israel would again drop flares as before, except this time the game is a bit different.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Being quiet is a sign they were preparing for something big.

...then it seems likely Israel would again drop flares as before, except this time the game is a bit different.

I am afraid they are preparing for something big...which is why I have been watching for the next move.

I agree the "game" is very different this time.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Related perhaps to the dropping of flares in Lebanon.....

IDF to impose West Bank closure

The IDF will be imposing a complete closure on the West Bank midnight before Remembrance Day and Independence Day.

The closure will be lifted on Tuesday evening.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Related perhaps to the dropping of flares in Lebanon.....

IDF to impose West Bank closure

The IDF will be imposing a complete closure on the West Bank midnight before Remembrance Day and Independence Day.

The closure will be lifted on Tuesday evening.

Hmmm.....this won't cause any problems. (sarcasm off)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I just wonder if this will be put down in the history books as the start of the war, or just another part of the prologue. I expect now things will start to happen very quickly, unless the flares were a feint.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
There gonna attack before the ash cloud shuts down the Israeli airforce

Hmmmm, my thought would be the other way around.

Israel is the one who is really gonna want to take the airspace advantage and keep it. It would be very poor foresight to begin an attack and then have the momentum stall if and when this ash cloud rolls in.

If indeed this cloud would be an issue for aircraft down there then they would want free and clear time to see an attack through, calling time when in full flow would give which ever side is faring worse time to re group, re assess whatever. A pause like that could be a game changer.

It's all about getting control of the airspace these days, ever since WW2 air superiority is the word of the day.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
wow... this is becoming pretty tense stuff eh... anyday now things r gonna go down. its fairly obvious. any morning now im gonna wake up to cnn talking about how at 0200 last night israei warplanes begin a sustained bombardment of hezboolah and lebanese military and civilian targets... could be the beggining of ww3 my friends...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
holy crap, check this out...

Israel has delivered a secret warning to Syrian President Bashar Assad that it will respond to missile attacks from Hezbollah, the militant Lebanese-based Islamist group, by launching immediate retaliation against Syria itself.

In a message, sent earlier this month, Israel made it clear that it now regards Hezbollah as a division of the Syrian army and that reprisals against Syria will be fast and devastating.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

www.timesonline.co.uk...

In a message, sent earlier this month, Israel made it clear that it now regards Hezbollah as a division of the Syrian army and that reprisals against Syria will be fast and devastating.

“We’ll return Syria to the Stone Age by crippling its power stations, ports, fuel storage and every bit of strategic infrastructure if Hezbollah dare to launch ballistic missiles against us,” said an Israeli minister, who who was speaking off-the-record, last week.

Devastating = nuclear... if Syria respond to this with their own SCUDS with chemical warheads & US air support isn't there to shoot them down.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

reply to post by TheCoffinman

www.timesonline.co.uk...

“We’ll return Syria to the Stone Age by crippling its power stations, ports, fuel storage and every bit of strategic infrastructure if Hezbollah dare to launch ballistic missiles against us,” said an Israeli minister, who who was speaking off-the-record, last week.

Devastating = nuclear... if Syria respond to this with their own SCUDS with chemical warheads & US air support isn't there to shoot them down.

Thats ridiculous, Israel wouldn't use nuclear weapons against anyone in the middle east, it would be a disaster for all involved.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i dont see that either... why would u nuke a country pre-emptively when nobody has ever done that before... syria doesnt even have nukes... itd be a PR hell..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join