It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama special? Man to Mars by 2030

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well after the depressing announcement of future US moon missions being called off, it seems he has a surprising focus on getting men in orbit around Mars instead. Intriguing!

news.bbc.co.uk...

"By 2025, we expect new spacecraft designed for long journeys to allow us to begin the first ever crew missions beyond the Moon into deep space," he told his audience. "So, we'll start by sending astronauts to an asteroid for the first time in history."

And then he added: "By the mid-2030s, I believe we can send humans to orbit Mars and return them safely to Earth, and a landing on Mars will follow."

Now - I'd love to get some more broadcasts from the moon - but this kicks some serious booty... This is a real mission

Thoughts?

[edit on 15-4-2010 by markymint]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Sigh... How many times are they going to change the date for manned expeditions to Mars. I seem to remember when I was a kid that they said we'd send man missions before 2010. Now its 2025. In 2025 it will be 2050.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

I really hope I live long to see human kind land on Mars. This is where we should of aimed before spending all that money to return us to the Moon.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Yes indeed - though landing could take a while longer. But even to orbit Mars and just have some first hand views would be great. And the fact our children have the oppurtunity to be the ones who discover the mystery of Mars...makes for an interesting new space-race

I realise this isn't exactly UFO related, sorry about that.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Yes this is common, every president will
A. Make life in US better
B. Change!
c. Lower taxes
D.Will not raise taxes
E. Will start some great space mission
www2.jpl.nasa.gov...
spaceflight.nasa.gov...

The truth is there was only one president who chose to go to the moon and do the other things.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
What's this got to do with aliens & UFO's?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Well one tenuous link is that the farther we advance in space the more likely any aliens are to reveal themselves to us prior to discovering them, according to some of the stuff I've read here and elsewhere lately. So when the article talks of "deep space" it makes me tingle! But yes it's not very UFO related, sorry. Impulse posting

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
Well one tenuous link is that the farther we advance in space the more likely any aliens are to reveal themselves to us prior to discovering them, according to some of the stuff I've read here and elsewhere lately. So when the article talks of "deep space" it makes me tingle! But yes it's not very UFO related, sorry. Impulse posting

markymint.....

"Impulse posting"

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Oh your excitement is so silly and innocent to me.

The truth is that the shadow government already has the technology and has been actively going to Mars for decades. This is in fact where they already have a colony of people with something in establishment there, because of the 2012 earth changes. So, in a way, it's most likely a way for them to start shipping massive amounts of stuff up there without everybody wondering what the hell is going on.

If you don't believe this, read the Mars Record and the Mars Force at Metatech.org

Read the following article

www.examiner.com... ret-colony-on-Mars

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
What's this got to do with aliens & UFO's?

Exactly, the overt space program has nothing to do with et, or looking for it.

"Obama should really of......"

You fill in the blanks, as us here is not paid to do his research for him, lol.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is what ticked me off

"So, we'll start by sending astronauts to an asteroid for the first time in history."

so anybody thinking phobos maybe?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
i feel sorry for this generation.
...obama has destroyed the dreams of all. 2030 ridiculous
we truly live on a prison planet. not allowed to leave, i actually want to cry but instead, i have even more questions ? why not go back to the moon? why not explore space elevator tech? why not? why? why? why?

i wish i had the funds and resources to put a civilian space agency together or are we not allowed to do that either?..

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

www.the-rocketman.com...

There you go send them all your money. You are free to leave the planet anytime you want, you just have to find out how. Oh, did obama steal your space shuttle? Did Obama make it illegal for you to move to somewhere where you could build a space elevator or a shuttle?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Not to be the party basher, but if we all check, the moon is like

WAY CLOSER TO EARTH THAN MARS!!!!!

Hello, if we can't repeat the results of Apollo and land on the moon:

How do you expect us to make it to Mars some 140 times farther away????
Then LAND!!

OHH btw do you know how many mars probes, fail at making their destination??

Those results are HORRIBLE! 50% makes it!

Of 38 launches from Earth in an attempt to reach the planet, only 19 succeeded, a success rate of 50%. Twelve of the missions included attempts to land on the surface, but only seven transmitted data after landing.

Link to source here:
en.wikipedia.org...

So to continue:

WE have to go by the MOON to get to mars!

Right?

Its like passing up the fuel station, on the way to your destination.

Doesn't follow logic really?? Or does it?

[edit on 15-4-2010 by theability]

[edit on 15-4-2010 by theability]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
well russia and india, china, japan are all focusing on the moon so america wants to instead go for mars.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cincinnatus
Sigh... How many times are they going to change the date for manned expeditions to Mars. I seem to remember when I was a kid that they said we'd send man missions before 2010. Now its 2025. In 2025 it will be 2050.

Yer I agree it's all BS! It will be canned after he or the next candidate gets elected.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
So another 2 trillion disapears into Pentagon black ops under the auspices of space travel and we eventually get another faux Speilburg landing ala the movie Capricorn One.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
What I heard him say is instead of spending money making a tiny little shuttle craft size spacecraft like orion he would rather spend money on developing the technologies to eventually build the USS Enterprise (the solar system version).

link   
triple post

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Xeven]

link   
What I heard him say is instead of spending money making a tiny little shuttle craft size spacecraft like orion he would rather spend money on developing the technologies to eventually build the USS Enterprise (the solar system version).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join