It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont want bail, just give me a bed and 3 meals a day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Dont want bail, just give me a bed and 3 meals a day

www.iol.co.za

Lawyer Zola Majavu said the accused was having experiences he had never had before.

"He is sleeping on a bed for the first time in his life. He is also having three meals a day for the first time. He is also studying, something he was not doing while he was at his home, so there is no need to change the status quo.

"Even the social workers agree that he should be kept there. It is in his best interest that he stays there," Majavu said.

Asked if the teenager was aware that he would have to go back to his hard life if acquitted, Majavu said he was aware, but this would be dealt with
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-4-2010 by bluedrake]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
How sad is this world, that when some one commits a crime they would rather say in prison as its the 1st time they get to eat right and have a bed.... Now you can understand why some ppl commit crimes just to go to prison. Guess if your starving and on the streets, prison is not such a bad place to be

I do agree though that he most likely also said this as im sure if he put one foot out that prison he would be dead in a number of days for killing ET

www.iol.co.za
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-4-2010 by bluedrake]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Worth mentioning the kid is only 15 years old.

Well i don't think his life will ever be what it was, a good thing i hope.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
This is true, I just recently got locked up for 2 ounce of cannabis, They tried to charge me with possiesion with intent to supply,

In my interview i told them to get on with it and send me to jail as life # and im fed up anyway, and that would cost them loads over a bit of weed.

A week later they dropped the charges to simply possession and said ill just get a fine..

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
YEAH, enjoy your bed and your meals!

I say, let this person live!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

Wow. Jail is a worldy illusion. Break free friend. I just got out of jail. I am happy. I love you.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Guessing you got a bed and better food than jail has to offer on the outside world... Though seen you were there, would you rather sleep on the streets and have nothing to eat at all or go back

"Honest question would like to know"

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

"He is sleeping on a bed for the first time in his life. He is also having three meals a day for the first time. He is also studying, something he was not doing while he was at his home, so there is no need to change the status quo.

"Even the social workers agree that he should be kept there. It is in his best interest that he stays there," Majavu said.

Is it me or this is a sick precedent? The CPS could use that case to seize children from people who lost everything to bankers living in tent cities around the US...

Time to round up all the homeless people then... and all the poors... and all the fat people since they obviously are criminals because they ``steal`` food from other people... (I'm half joking, our society is so sick it could happen and I wouldn't be surprised.)

We're putting you in jail because it's better for you. WE ARE THE STATE, WE RULE AND IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
this kid has no idea, i'll give him 6 months before he beg them to set him free.

the simple thought of walking down the street will be on his mind every night, as if it was paradise. the freedom to get up and go grab something to eat in the middle of the night will break his heart. he may not get 3 meals a day when he is free but he is going to trade 3 meals for 1 meal every two days when it finally hit him.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I think you're missing the point here.

This kid beat someone to death with an iron bar. He's in custody. I like that sort of precedant, you know?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It's a tough one.

I think it's a very dangerous message.

On the one hand the kid needs to be in custody, rehabilitated, blah blah.

On the other hand the message to the other 29 million poor people in SA with no hope is that if you commit murder you will have acces to state sponsored education, a roof over your head and 3 meals a day. -Thats quite an incentive to go out there and kill.

Mitigating, would be the fact that a South African jails are rough, real rough. Many minor offenders go in quite green and come out hardened thugs. Then again he might get special protection and he'll most definitely enjoy hero status in most circles.

But the message is still dangerous.
What would be the alternatives?

[edit on 15-4-2010 by da_ruse]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I would rather spend 1 year in a prison than spend another year in Iraq.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
There are people that would do anything for 3 hots and a cot. Frankly if they don't have food or a place to sleep, I don't blame them.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Exchanging freedom food and a bed. Does that remind you of anything?

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Firefly_]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Yeah, too bad we will always need 3 things to survive. Food, Water, Shelter.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
There are people that would do anything for 3 hots and a cot. Frankly if they don't have food or a place to sleep, I don't blame them.

And that's really worth taking someone else's life away for? I mean sure, you can go to prison for life and get 3 hots and a cot and have to put up with the constant harassment, gang rapes, prison gangs and such.

Is that really worth taking someone else's life away? Seems an immensely selfish thing to do.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

People are getting hot food in jail now?
All the (shirt) they ever brought to me was ice cold and nasty as hell.
Honestly, I'd rather live under a bridge and starve to death than go back to jail.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TokiTheDestroyer

It's just an expression..

2nd line.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Well of course it's not worth someone else's life. I was speaking generally because there are many people that will stick up a store and wait for the cops to pick them up. That has been happening for a while.

Some people will do anything for 3 hots and a Cot (my primary point). Even kill.

top topics

join