It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Croatian teenager wakes from coma speaking fluent German

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a 13-year-old croatian girl has woken from a 24 hour coma; speaking fluent german whilst unable to speak her own native language!!!!

now what do you make of that?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

Reminds me of Foreign Accent Syndrome:

Some patients who suffer brain injuries occasionally lose the ability to talk in their native accent - but now scientists may know why.
The condition, called "foreign accent syndrome", affects only a tiny number of patients.
It can mean that a native English speaker can end up sounding more like Spanish or French.

(link)

To the untrained ear, those with the syndrome sound as though they speak their native languages with a foreign accent; for example, an American native speaker of English might sound as though they speak with a south-eastern English accent, or a native British speaker might speak with a New York American accent.

However, researchers at Oxford University have found that certain, specific parts of the brain were injured in some foreign-accent syndrome cases, indicating that certain parts of the brain control various linguistic functions, and damage could result in altered pitch or mispronounced syllables, causing the speech patterns to have a different sounding accent. More recently, there is mounting evidence that the cerebellum may be crucially involved in some cases of foreign accent syndrome

Wikipedia

I've never heard of anyone waking up completely speaking a different language though??

Although she was apparently attempting to learn german at the time but not well enough to be speaking it so fluently.

It's truly baffling.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

now what do you make of that?

There`s two other threads on this already.

HERE

AND

HERE

search...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
It would be interesting to hypnotically regress her to investigate who is actually inhabiting her body.

There is a possibility her original Croatian speaking soul has departed and another now inhabits her body.

Another possibility is that this knowledge of Fluent German, which is a fairly complex language, IMA, is from a previous life.

Interesting, and thanks for posting !

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
A friend of my mom had a car accident some yars ago. She was sedated for 2 weeks, and she woke up speaking fluent french :s...
Not spanish with a french accent, no, fluent french. For some months, just my mom could talk to her, since she's also fluent on french since she attended a french school when little (from 5 to 14 y.o).

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Op, are you sure she wasn't speaking in tongues?

Robert Tilton does it all the time..

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Alxandro]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This phenomena has been around for ages. Often someone would be in a coma and then they would have entire histories for a different culture, race and language.

While some think that the mind is what produces this affect, I for one think that sometimes while in a coma, spirits take domain and then are recorded while possessing the small child speaking in some foreign language or having an educational knowledge that could in no way be coming from the adolescent child. This ability to speak in other languages is said to be from being possessed at a time in society when no one really knew what "Spirit Possession" was all about.

Such instances were even covered in TV in a series such as "The Outer Limits". A TV series that was around in the late 60's. Combined with The Twilight Zone and other mystery TV specials, I can recall more than one instance of a story involving someone suffering a head injury or who came out of a coma being someone totally different in manner and speech or speaking in French when they only knew English and or speaking English English like they do in the UK. Anyway, this whole phenomena is known to have a history around the worlds different cultures.

It has been a while since I have seen or heard of such a phenomena, but I can honestly state that it has been around a long while. Doing some online research may even come up with what they are calling it. Most often the possession is eventually overcome, but it also signals that certain human types are more prone to possession than others. Anyway, it's a subject that could be expanded in many ways.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I read the article aswell yesterday and i also read about a girl speaking fluent portugiese after a traffic accident and coma, but she was speaking a dialect that hasnt been spoken in hundrets of years and was common in a certain reagion in the past.

After intense studies and questioning they found out her supposedly past time name and address and after checking they could verifiy that in the past a women with her name lived at that address.

Really astounding to me if this is true.

I dont think that necessarily another soul has to inhabit the body of the subject, i think it could well be that the "soul" (if reincarnation is true) has the memory of all past lives and so after returning it occured that the soul returned with the wrong timeframe of memory into the body or with additional memory of another life or something like that.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Impetus]

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Impetus]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Big deal, now, if he woke up speaking fluent eubonics...well then I'd be impressed!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join