It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Can We Make A Star On Earth?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Energy crisis over???
According to some....2020 might see the earliest lazer/fusion power station come on line in the US. For a fascinating study of the californian facility, housing the most powerful Lazer arrangement on the planet, watch this short clip, I think you will agree that it is truly amazing stuff:

www.youtube.com...

This fascinating subject made me research a little deeper and I found that according to an audit/ study report published by the US Governments Accountability Office as recently as April 2010, this is more to do with Nuclear Weapons than for civil power generation since the National Ignition Facility (NIF) was commissioned by the National Nuclear Security Administration (NSSA) who "considers NIF critical to its stockpile stewardship program to ensure the safety and reliability of the Nations nuclear weapons"[b/]

www.wiziq.com...

Hope you enjoy reading about this technology as much as I did,

PEACE,
RK

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This would be awsome, but I'm afraid it probably would be used as a weapon... that would be awful.

Great post though

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hullabaloo

I hate to break it to you, but fusion weapons have been around for more than 50 years.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7de23de1921a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Yea, fusion has been used in weapons for along time now. The only thing left is to harness it for power.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Judohawk

yeah, that thing called the fusion bomb, the tsar bomb was the biggest one at 50 megatons, could have been 100 and that was back in the fifties. funny how we can make this shhhht a weapon but 70 years latter still cant figure out how to use it to light a lightbulb

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
My dadused to work at both Oak Ridge and Livermore. He recalls a fusion energy project they called "Project Sherwood" because "It Sherwood be nice if we could get it to work!"

top topics

join