It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holidaymakers Back Use Of Full-Body Scanners

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Holidaymakers Back Use Of Full-Body Scanners

news.sky.com

As many as 90% of British travellers are willing to accept full-body scanners at airports, a survey has found.

The approval rate was far higher for the UK than many other countries, according to a poll by security group Unisys.

Of the 10 other nations investigated, as many as one in three people in Germany and Belgium would object to the machines.

In Hong Kong, only 45% of people were in favour of the scanners, while Mexicans were even less keen - with 76% saying they were against the new technology.

The survey also showed that 91% of the UK's public would be willing to submit bio
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Once again, because Sky News has spoken, many people will accept this as gospel.

I've said it before, this is NOT 90% of British travellers, it is 90% of the 10,000 surveyed. Thats a lot less than the total number of British travellers that fly every year.

Thanks to an ATS member who educated me on the subject of "sampling", yes i know that this should work out at a pretty close guess at what the entire nation is feeling, but i do not agree with that. I still think it's flawed and has much room for errors.

I know for a fact they didn't ask me, and i'd certainly be against it, as would many people i know.

They want to get to their destination quickly and safely and, if scanners will help that to happen, they worry less about whether or not their privacy has been infringed.

That's the other scary part....people are going to be forced into being scanned because they have to get to where they are going. They'd quite happily go through the rubber glove treatment than miss lounging by a pool all day.

CX.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I understand why you're unwilling to believe that as many as 90% percent of Brits are in favor of body-scans. But to be honest I think that this estimate is pretty accurate.
I talked to a lot of people about this machines and almost always got the same answer: 'Well, it's for our safety! Whoever doesn't like shouldn't travel!'.
I even brought up the fact that a female security guard working at an airport sued her company claiming that a co-worker used scanner generated images of her in an inappropriate way.

They don't care. As long as some reporters/journalists claim it will make travel more safe, they're in.

It's a sad world we live in my friend.

new topics

join