It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nessie Files

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I saw this on Coast to Coast AM's site in the "in the news" section.
The Article by Nick Redfern is titled "Lair of the Beasts : The Nessie Files"
Coast to Coast AM's description of the article.

"Nick Redfern reveals what now-declassified files tell us about the Loch Ness Monster.
— Mania.com"

I've always been interested in Nessie, so its always cool to read articles/information, etc on Nessie.

One of the things I found interesting in the article was that in the late 1970's the conservative government of Marget Thatcher almost used Dolphins to help try and see if the creature/creatures existed. The plan was never put into place however.

The article has some other neat stuff included, check it out if you want.
www.mania.com...
www.coasttocoastam.com...

[edit on 12-4-2010 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I've got an image of nessie of which I examined the original negs..

This image has never been seen before (except for a few close friends).

I'll dig out the image and upload it..

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

That was the first image of "Nessie". That image is a hoax created by Robert Kenneth Wilson, a London gynecologist. It was published in the "Daily Mail" on 21 April 1934.

The whole Lock Ness "monster" thing is a complete hoax.

Time to let "Nessie" go.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Being that this is a conspiracty site,.....do you really think that if they had located a giant sea monster deep in Loch Ness, that they would have come out and announced it to everyone?

[edit on 12-4-2010 by shasta9600]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm not really trying to promote my own lame thread here, but there's some pictures from Loch Ness you probably haven't seen, and a good video from a lake in Ireland, too.

Thread Here.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Here you go..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/559a10cab548.jpg[/atsimg]

There is a story about this if anyone is interested.

To add, I did not take this image although the negs were processed through the company I was at.

Image is a little wide so right click then select "view image" (Nessie on the right)

[edit on 12/4/2010 by UKWO1Phot]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Any source to prove that image is a hoax? I believe i've heard people say its a hoax, but I dont remember if i've seen a legit source proving its a hoax, although I may have.
Also even if it is, theres lots more evidence/sightings/witnesses, etc.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

I dont think ive seen those pics before, or at least I dont think I have.
Thanks for posting.

Here's a thread I made in September 2009.
In the first post it contains a video that looks to be from the same lake that the video you posted was taken.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

Thanks for uploading the picture.
Id be interested in hearing the story behind it.
I dont exactly see where Nessie is supposed to be in the picture, could you please point it out?

Cheers

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by shasta9600

There are lots of possibilies for sure.
If the government found Nessie, they may have their reasons for not releasing the information to the public.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind the story for that pic, either. Kind of interesting. Thanks for putting it up.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

The guy who did it admitted the hoax
www.museumofhoaxes.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Thanks for posting this.
Its a shame someone would hoax a picture like this.

I dont believe ive seen the image like this before.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I was really surprised; it was an amazing photo that lasted a really long time. I still think there could be something in the water though.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91

Thanks for uploading the picture.
Id be interested in hearing the story behind it.
I dont exactly see where Nessie is supposed to be in the picture, could you please point it out?

Cheers

If you right click the image and click "view image" Nessie is on the right in the second window.

Here's the story behind it:-

I used to work as a QC for a large photo processing company. We used to have the contract for those crappy single film point n shoot camera's (packaged as wedding camera's which are placed on tables at the reception).

Anyhow the host company had started distributing b/w film in some of the camera's and didn't notify us before we started to receive them. So with the machines being automatic the operators didn't realise. To cut a long story short the b/w film was processed as colour.

So a full roll of around 500 films had to be digitally scanned and colour/contrast corrected as best we could. In that batch of films was this one image that caught my eye.

At first I thought it may be a tourist thing on the boat the reception was being held on (an image of nessie on the glass to say you have seen the creature?) but searching the net and tourist boats on the loch I found no references to this being the case.

We used to keep a file of any interesting images as me and my boss were both interested in UFO's and weird stuff etc.. This image was on the wall of my office as a 12" print from the original negs.

I also have a couple of intriguing UFO images too taken at an RNLI boat show, I think they deserve their own thread though.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
One of my biology professors years ago told me how there needed to be "x" amount of fish to feed a breeding population of "nessies"...kind of put the damper on this crypto for me. (along with numerous hoaxes).

Is nessie still alive, if ever it existed?

I don't know.

When I was little, I recall seeing a really cool photo of a supposed nessie encounter that was maybe 20 feet away and looked absolutely realistic-- kind of looked like a whale's skin with lots of marks from battles with other creatures. (saw this pic in a book in the late 70's).

Wish I could find that pic again! I've never seen that pic debunked since my time on the internet...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I see it now, wow thats a very interesting image.

So you dont know who took the picture?
Kind of odd they wouldnt go public with a picture of "Nessie" like this, if they we able to get it back.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sparkofdivine

I've heard of that X amount of fish thing also.
It would need to more also if there were more then one "Nessies" in Loch Ness.

Check out this thread, it discusses if Nessie ventures into the open ocean.
Also Nessie has been spotted on land, so I posted that there's a possiblity it spends most of its time on land hibernating and only go's into the lake to eat.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are lots possibilites for sure.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Yeah, that's what I thought as the image was taken 2004/5 so they've had plenty of time.

Normally I'd have the name and address of the owner on the reverse but with me making an enlargement, the original 6x4 was most probably left in the folder with the details on..

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

The possibilites of that image being edited are pretty slim though, right?
I mean if you guys developed that photo straight from the camera, would it be possible for the person to have edited that image of "Nessie" into it?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join