It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblowers on US 'massacre' fear CIA stalkers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Whistleblowers on US 'massacre' fear CIA stalkers

www.timesonline.co.uk

Activists behind a website dedicated to revealing secret documents have complained of harassment by police and intelligence services as they prepare to release a video showing an American attack in which 97 civilians were killed in Afghanistan.

Julian Assange, one of the founders of Wikileaks, has claimed that a restaurant where the group met in Reykjavic, the capital of Iceland, came under surveillance in March and one of the group’s volunteers was detained for 21 hours by police.....
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.timesonline.co.uk

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Well, I can't say I'm surprised if this is true. I know some would like to think Assange and wikileaks are all part of some psy-ops campaign, but I'm not so sure...

I guess if something bad does happen to him or his colleagues, I'm pretty sure we'll all be able to make a couple of educated guesses as to who was behind it...

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The main person claiming that Wikileaks is a psyop is Wayne Madson, who just happens to be former NSA, admittedly. You do the math.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by denialofignoranceattack
The main person claiming that Wikileaks is a psyop is Wayne Madson, who just happens to be former NSA, admittedly. You do the math.

So he's former NSA, claiming this is psy ops, perpetrated by what organization then?

NSA?

CIA?

I guess I'm not as good as math as I thought....

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
To tell you the truth is Wikileaks is looking to post confidential information from the US I hope the CIA is watching them. And I know I will get labeled as a agent for saying it but read my other post before assuming.

I believe if a secret could hurt the United States security they should not post it and if they do they should pay whatever price is fitting for doing so. When you play with the big boys you had better now what you are doing.

I know nondisclosure is not a popular thought on ATS but some secrets are better kept form the public eye. Like it or not we are at war and if it could cost soldiers their lives I am against it 100%.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Wayne Madson is claiming that Wiki-leaks is a CIA front, which is working for select corporations, which selectively leaks documents to damage companies to hurt their competition.

Google it, he wrote an article on his website about it.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by denialofignoranceattack]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Former NSA never really quit that I know of. If he is claiming it is a psy-op, but evidence I feel supports that it is not a psy-op because of the history and credentials of Mr. Assange, so they are thinking outside the box to try and destroy wikileaks using very creative means, and if that fails.....
Wiki leaks and cryptome I feel are very very important to the "True" national security of the USA and perhaps the world. Who else in the world is giving the corrupt PTB a spanking like these guys?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by denialofignoranceattack
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Wayne Madson is claiming that Wiki-leaks is a CIA front, which is working for select corporations, which selectively leaks documents to damage companies to hurt their competition.

Google it, he wrote an article on his website about it.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by denialofignoranceattack]

This is a very good point and there are quite a few possibilities I think.
First off, I think the people at wikileaks are obviously very very intelligent, and I also know for a fact that the people in the CIA and NSA are very very Very intelligent, they also have much more resources than wikileaks obviously. I feel that wikileaks is not in collusion with any intel agency, but those agencies with their smart people and super tricks they could put out false info and possibly get some of their counter intel to be realeased by WL and WL not realizing it, but to do that the sources would have to have some crazy crazy cover going for them.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Demonize the U.S.> ... next thing you know we'll be responsible for 9-11...

oh my goodness its the 2nd line!

[edit on 11-4-2010 by sayiamu]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I think transparency of US military, government and alphabet agencies will increase because people are less hostile and angry if they think they know the whole truth and that every branch of the state is a subject to law. Make your people think war is good and in your interest - and you've won it already.

“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”
Hermann Goering

Edit, to add that my point is that this "scandal" doesn't have to be a scandal at all, depending on how you spin it. Nothing is too obvious in the entire video, or too apparent, nothing is clear. You can shape it any way you want....

[edit on 11/4/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Freedom of speech - as long its official.

I just hope ATS also will be online forever, but I think we will see the day we are not anymore accepted... Step by step, rise and fall - era of interactive media.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Those who fight for their freedoms or choose to have their voices heard ALWAYS know what they are doing.

If they were not 100% positive that their actions would bring down any corrupt government or organsiation, then they would not be ready to pay the ultimate price.

You say that it could break the national security of the US.. I'd say it was already broken, from the inside, by those in power. Did thousands of people lay down their lives in the fight for freedom and independence for nothing?

Mow down anyone who dares to speak out against any regime and their will be another voice to pop up shorltly afterwards. In this case, if Wikileaks was to be brought to a halt via 'unknown' assailants/methods, then I am sure ATS will continue to be a place, where such information as wikileaks provides, end up being posted for the world to see.

Wikileaks and ATS are a voice.. a voice that grows louder each day and gathers more listeners.

Don't dream of freedom... be a part in the making of it...

Stuff any 'national security'...it's TPTB that are worried about it...not us.. It's TPTB that created such situations.. not us.. it's TPTB that continue to corrupt and bend the system and our lives to their will.. it is they who constantly fail to make a difference.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
To tell you the truth is Wikileaks is looking to post confidential information from the US I hope the CIA is watching them. And I know I will get labeled as a agent for saying it but read my other post before assuming.

I believe if a secret could hurt the United States security they should not post it and if they do they should pay whatever price is fitting for doing so. When you play with the big boys you had better now what you are doing.

I know nondisclosure is not a popular thought on ATS but some secrets are better kept form the public eye. Like it or not we are at war and if it could cost soldiers their lives I am against it 100%.

Where are the real harmful secrets in the already posted video? does it need a post a mile long to explain it? How do you rationalise that video with media fed video snippets showing how well coalition forces were able to strike at bunkers or strategic targets with little or no collateral damage to innocent people, when in reality they don't give a toss, the first video shows that. In fact I hope that this second video is intended to comfirm the first. The technology is good, not so the users. everyone needs to go back to school.

top topics

join