It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weatherman reveals iran invasion training

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
fairly predictably this is a counterpoint to :

this thread

which claims that this :

weather clip

is actually alleged chemtrail disclosure

ignoring all the evidence , including the fact that the waetherman , CORRECTLY identifies the radar returns as chaff sowing exercises conducted by the USAF / USN .

now the conspiracy , if there is one - is why now , why such an extensive exercise and why are the US milirary authorities not keeping meteorologists informed ?

the conspiracy answer is of course :

its an exercise in SEAD [ SUPPRESSION OF ENEMY AIR DEFENCES ] in preparation for military actian against iran

unlike the chemtrail idiocy spouted in the thread i am ` repling to ` - all the facts actually fit this as a POSSIBLE explaination

if one believes that military action against iran is imminent - all the facts fit ie -

an attack against iran would require a massive campaign to disrupt the iranian radars , of which chaff is a key element

the US military would not wish to make such preparations public [ hence thier refusal to comment ]

PS - a disclaimer - i do not actually believe that this is a build up to military action against iran - i would personally need far more co orberating evidence

but the notion makes far more sense than chemtrail idiocy

[edit on 10-4-2010 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Perhaps your own conspiracy theory would be taken a bit more seriously if you didn't preface it with such terms as "Chemtrail idiocy." That's like showing up at a chili cook-off and loudly proclaiming "I made chili, and the rest of you made crap!" Just a suggestion.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
Perhaps your own conspiracy theory would be taken a bit more seriously if you didn't preface it with such terms as "Chemtrail idiocy." That's like showing up at a chili cook-off and loudly proclaiming "I made chili, and the rest of you made crap!" Just a suggestion.

WE CAME WE SAW WE CONQUERED!

FUUUUUUU YEAHHHHHHHH!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Im gonna toss more Conspiracy in here, They are terraForming for the arrival of the Anunnaki, the Nephilim etc..

Sorry, listening to Quale .. LOL...

Jokes aside, I think it is either the Pharma Industry chemtrailing, keeping us from getting enough Vit-D which in turn gives millions of people Vit-D dificiancy related diseaes, which makes all those millions of people spending money on drugs they originally wouldnt need to buy..

And, more people gets cancers and more people die of cancers etc... so Yea. It is big business....

And NO, it dont cost them to much money to do this, because WE are paying for it thru our Tax Money....

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

In all honesty though thats a fair call.....

Would make a load of sense with all the recent trouble....

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Both of the first two replies above don't really fall into what the OP was saying. I think there is something going on with the weatherman talking about the chaff. As I said in the other thread, the weatherman here has pointed out a trail along the gulf coast that goes northward a few times, but not consistently on a daily basis. He claims it is smoke from a large fire on the coast but I don't see how it would start, stop, then restart a few days later. Perhaps these things are happening all over and not every weatherman is pointing it out. It would make sense to exercise large chaff dispersal to test confusing a large area of radar. Iran is a very large country compared to the others around it.

Maybe we should all watch the weather and look for these types of trails. Make a note if the weatherman points them out or not, giving an explaination of storm clouds, something else like smoke, or not pointing them out at all.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Wow. You guys can't even help but talk about chemtrails in a thread that has nothing to do with them, can you? I'm not discounting the possible practice of high-altitude chem tests, but c'mon - start your own thread about them and stop derailing this one

In any case, the OPs post has merit. There are some other possible explanations for the returns on the radar image, but if it is in fact indicative of air exercises where large amounts of chaff are being used it's not outside the realm of possibility that it would in fact be in preparation for large-scale airstrikes somewhere - and Iran is a more painted target these days than anyone else.

Anyone who lives near an AFB or Naval base notice an increase in air traffic in recent weeks? IMO if these are exercises in prelude to something larger, I doubt the northwest would be the only area where we would see radar returns like this.

It's a possibility, and both a frightening and interesting one at the same time. As far as the notion that it couldn't be chaff because it's scattered over a one to two hundred mile stretch, understand that if these are exercises designed to test radar countermeasures they're probably being done by squadrons at a time, not individual aircraft, spread out over a large area - and the countermeasures themselves are typically nothing more than fancy, highly reflective sheets of aluminum (not the exact makeup I know but it's comparable) - a lightweight substance that can hang in the air for quite awhile (especially at higher altitudes) and be carried by wind currents. I used to live on an airbase - they did exercises like this all the time. Even when they were testing flare countermeasures to ward off heatseekers they'd hang for quite awhile, and depending on how fast the aircraft was moving, would cover dozens of miles; and that would be from just one jet.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Doesn't make clear the target is Iran. For all we know, it could be Swaziland. Besides, military are ALWAYS doing training and practices, this is normal. And we have much better tech to take out radar than just chaff.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DeltaCommando5

That's true, but maybe it's not for radar jamming - remember all those S-300's Israel and the U.S. got so peeved about in December of '08? The Russians were sending 'em to the Iranians by the boatload. To thicken the plot, the SAM batteries they were buying up were purportedly being used to safeguard the Iranians' nuclear sites. No time like the present to test out newer countermeasure systems, especially when faced with Russian hardware that can lock on to the radar signatures of 12 different targets at a time.

I dunno, you may be right - air exercises like this aren't that uncommon, but I'd still like to know if anyone living near an air base has seen any sort of increase in activity.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Maybe somebody should start a thread saying something like... Climate-gate Scientists, N.A.S.A, and Al Gore were only mislead by these "Anomolies" and that is why the data is corrupted. We can go back to trusting them again.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter

This might not be the place to ask, but did chemtrails exist around 1970? What I mean is, does anyone think the evil government start spraying mystery stuff from commercial airplanes that long ago? When did it start, allegedly?

I ask this because, as a young boy enamored with aviation and space exploration, I loved to lie in the yard and watch the planes fly over with my dad's binoculars, and I'd watch the contrails with fascination. Sometimes they'd disappear soon after they were formed, other times they'd linger for a while, and yet other times they would be really heavy, spreading out wider and wider and linger for hours. I assumed the reason for why they never behaved the same way every time was because of atmospheric conditions - temperature, humidity, etc.

My point is sometimes they spread out and stayed there for a loooooong time in the late 60s/early 70s. This is why I think the whole chemtrail theory is a load of bravo sierra.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by AwakeinNM] Man, I can never get a post right the first time.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by AwakeinNM] or the second, or third.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by AwakeinNM]

new topics

top topics

join