It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda: We'll blitz World Cup

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Al-Qaeda: We'll blitz World Cup

www.thesun.co.uk

AL-QAEDA have vowed to bomb the World Cup - with England players top of their hitlist.

The terror group pledged to target the match between England and the USA in South Africa in June, warning "hundreds" of fans could die.

A branch of al-Qaeda which last year killed British hostage Edwin Dyer, 61, in Mali made the threats.

They also vowed to target resorts, hotels and car parks used by supporters during the tournament. And they claimed explosive devices which cannot be detected by security s
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
As if the current domestic issues isn't enough, there is now an external threat. The potential coup of perpetrating an act of terrorism on the world stage that is the World Cup is tempting. The sheer size and scope of the event with the influx of tourists makes the prospect of securing the matches quite difficult. The counter to this is if any attempt is averted, or fails to materialize, then Al-Qaeda's perceived ability to follow through on it's threats is diminished.

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The Sun is sensationalist, if you look at the news pages most of the stories were designed to be written in a manner that entices fear and anger, only so people will buy the paper - Such is the way with tabloids.

Take everything they say with a pinch of salt.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Ahh! is a new false flag event on the horizon?

Only joking! OR AM I ?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Markz0r

I agree with you about the sun. The thing with this threat though, I can only see it happening if it was 'allowed' to happen. By that I mean if a threat was uncovered by security and a blind eyed turned. I really cant see that happening though, its not like domestic terrorism, on such a large scale it could only lead to chaos on the world stage, no matter who is pulling the strings to their own advantage.

I don't recall any serious threats being made at any major events in the last couple of years, so the fact that we are hearing about this could be significant.

I really really hope not.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If they target English supporters and USA supporters but i am speaking for the English i can guarantee you every middle eastern Arab who is a Muslim in the UK will be a target by every conceivable religion and race except Muslims.

Their picking a wrong fight.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by anonymousproxy]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is a very real threat.

South Africa's northern border is a sieve, getting anybody and a gun or bomb in is easy. Once inside, there are plenty of options and places to hide.

There ins local instability. Fears of another round of the "improved" flu viruse in time for Europe's winter, and this too.

I won't be hiding at home, but i will not go near a SWC venue. Or any of the entertainment centres either.

PS. If you're coming to the SWC, ensure that you have medical insurance.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by anonymousproxy

but i am speaking for the English

Indeed, Soccer Hooligans (as we know them in the U.S.) will no longer be fighting one another, they would become one force.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa6253b4e936.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 4/10/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

not just soccer hooligans but the majority of all supporters. If for example a few English people were killed in south Africa, say maybe 60 thousand English fans, 60 thousand USA fans etc will go for them in South Africa alone. Then, the Muslims over in the U.K have to deal with all the English lot over here.

Could you imagine the scale of violence, riots etc?, do you think that's what the government wants?.

I mean, if it happened, There would be black, white, Indian, Chinese Spanish, Mexican etc, catholic, protestant, Sikhs etc all joining together to fight one common enemy.
That's why England took over these's countries cause they are to stupid to deal with their own affairs.

Shall we remind ourselves ladies and gentlemen?
Bradford Roits

Oldham and Burnley roit's

and th emurder of two leeds united supporters in turkey what happend? people in leeds burnt every take away and mosque in Leeds.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 10-4-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
There'is only party blitzing the world cup and crushing its opponents and that is The Netherlands
btw do you have "soccer" hooligans in the US?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

do you have "soccer" hooligans in the US?

No we have Bloods & Crips along with many more.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Your right, and the magnitude of the backlash against Muslims would be pretty nasty to say the least... lets hope this is all hot air, and sensationalism by the Sun.

[edit on 10/4/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Is there another source for this? The Sun is so full of crap it is not to be believed.

NVM, I found one
www.cbsnews.com...

Personally, I think Al Qaeda is simple a convincing bogey man pulled out by the US/UK governments to scare people. I'm radical anyway so pay me no mind.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by antonia]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Well the Mirror is also covering it

www.mirror.co.uk...

Al-Qaeda has threatened to kill hundreds of football fans in a bloody attack during England's highprofile opening World Cup game against the USA. The terror group's North African branch boasts that it will evade X-ray and security checks at the 42,000-seater Royal Bafokeng Stadium in South Africa on June 12 with undetectable explosives.

Also a few others, The Italian coach is quoted in Goal.com

Marcello Lippi insists threats by Al-Qaeda to the World Cup in South Africa will not destabilise his own preparations for the tournament.

Tho I am sure nothing will happen..

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Is there another source for this? The Sun is so full of crap it is not to be believed.

NVM, I found one
www.cbsnews.com...

Personally, I think Al Qaeda is simple a convincing bogey man pulled out by the US/UK governments to scare people. I'm radical anyway so pay me no mind.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by antonia]

I don't think it to scare people because no one is scared no one fears them, I think its to make us angry.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

There would be stupid amounts of anger unleased should anything happen at the World cup..

Tho jsut before and after the German elections similar threats where made.. and even to the point of picking one Sunday to strike.. and nothing happened, so feel this to be the same level of hot air..

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
reply to post by antonia

Well the Mirror is also covering it

www.mirror.co.uk...

Al-Qaeda has threatened to kill hundreds of football fans in a bloody attack during England's highprofile opening World Cup game against the USA. The terror group's North African branch boasts that it will evade X-ray and security checks at the 42,000-seater Royal Bafokeng Stadium in South Africa on June 12 with undetectable explosives.

Also a few others, The Italian coach is quoted in Goal.com

Marcello Lippi insists threats by Al-Qaeda to the World Cup in South Africa will not destabilise his own preparations for the tournament.

Tho I am sure nothing will happen..

TBH I don't think they will do it, if the don't do it, they will be a laughing stock

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousproxy

Originally posted by UberL33t

but i am speaking for the English

Indeed, Soccer Hooligans (as we know them in the U.S.) will no longer be fighting one another, they would become one force.

[edit on 4/10/2010 by UberL33t]

not just soccer hooligans but the majority of all supporters. If for example a few English people were killed in south Africa, say maybe 60 thousand English fans, 60 thousand USA fans etc will go for them in South Africa alone. Then, the Muslims over in the U.K have to deal with all the English lot over here.

Could you imagine the scale of violence, riots etc?, do you think that's what the government wants?.

I mean, if it happened, There would be black, white, Indian, Chinese Spanish, Mexican etc, catholic, protestant, Sikhs etc all joining together to fight one common enemy.
That's why England took over these's countries cause they are to stupid to deal with their own affairs.

Do you think al Qaeda will don jerseys and assemble themselves on the streets of South Africa for a punch up . Don`t be ridiculous . There will be no visible enemy - just carnage.

anonymousproxy

Then, the Muslims over in the U.K have to deal with all the English lot over here.

Oh so you just make do with the first Muslim looking person you see to vent your frustration on ....ehhh ?

Your a bright spark aren`t you !

[edit on 10-4-2010 by UmbraSumus]

[edit on 10-4-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Muslim looking person? their in all colour of races. You go to the mosques to identify a Muslim, you go to the community were you identify a Muslim. However, when your mad you don't care. Your forgetting there will be Muslim football teams over there, the fans will be targets.
Think with your head, and in England we all know who are Muslim and know were they all live.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me The counter to this is if any attempt is averted, or fails to materialize, then Al-Qaeda's perceived ability to follow through on it's threats is diminished.

Which is why I'm thinking that it might not be Al-Qaeda releasing this threat. Wouldn't it be more effective if you didn't warn the world what you were about to do? Thinking back, when exactly did Al-Qaeda begin to pre-warn the world on what they were about to do? As far as my memory serves me, it's only been since "the war on terror" began. Could it be that these "threats" are being made by the people who benefit from a strong "war on terror"?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join