It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the human eye actually emit an energy beam?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
People seem to be forgetting one huge possibility with this one - it could explain why quantum-level experiments change when observed by a person.

Actually, this now has me wondering why scientists refused to admit the possibility of that before. It goes against scientific method. "Experiment changes when someone looks at it. Result is different when not observed. Something is changing the experiment, but it can't possibly be us!"

[edit on 9-4-2010 by LittleDragon]

[edit on 9-4-2010 by LittleDragon]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleDragon

Actually, It isn't people who observe quantum level phenomena. It is very sensitive instruments.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I have to agree, I've totally felt being stared at as well as other people have noticed my stare in an involuntary fashion.

I like to think it has to do with the person, too, and how perceptive they are.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
If this turns out to be true, wow!

Kinda puts "stage frighten" into a new perspective.

Do you get nervous speaking for a big crowd? You might be more aware of the energylevels surrounding you then people who don't get stagestruck

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Exactly what i just said in another thread was 'Our Energy supply is being cut off by all these buildings'... its not good living in the City... your brain can;'t function at full 100% neither can your body or our other senses....

Being connected to that energy field is very important to us i feel... something that was used many years ago by the ancients....

A possible explanation as to why this was hushed up was to keep us all as robots going about our daily routine

[edit on 9-4-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Wow love this great thread !!!!

I talk to many different people I don't know each day at work, I would guess up to maybe about 60 to 70 people a day, anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes is spent with each person.

There are very few people who will look me directly in the eye...I might get about 2 to 3 seconds of eye to eye contact and that is at the moment they are about to leave.

Except if they are trying to hit on me then they really try and make eye to eye contact with me, which I feel very uncomfortable with some and will not look at them... but with others I just sort of get a great feeling looking into there eyes.

strange world...I think there is alot of things we don't even know about our own bodies and minds

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

That is too cool. Great thread, man. There must be some kind of purpose for this to happen in nature. I never really thought about this aspect before.

Yes, it is cool and yes, nature does have a purpose for this, it's called self preservation. We feel eyes looking at us for the same reason the animals do, to alert us to possible predators. If someone or something is staring at you, generally there's a reason for it, in the wild, it would usually be a predator scoping out its next meal.

That is why many hunters learn to not look directly at their intended target, but look to the side of it until the instant of the kill.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
When people feel as though there is someone watching them, or there is someone in the room (ghosts?), when there is nobody there, that is usually down to a strong EMF nearby. So its not impossible to believe that IF the eye does produce EM energy that it would cause the sensation of being stared at by people who are sensitive to it [EM energy].

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SheaWolf

If that's the case, wouldn't it make more sense for a predator to not send those beams out of their eyes in the first place? What evolutionary function would such beams serve? They don't help us see through walls. They don't help us see in the dark.

[edit on 4/9/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SheaWolf

If that's the case, wouldn't it make more sense for a predator to not send those beams out of their eyes in the first place? What evolutionary function would such beams serve? They don't help us see through walls. They don't help us see in the dark.

Following that same logic; Wouldn't it make sense for animals to stop producing Pheromones? After all, many predators use their sense of smell when pursuing game.

Don't get me wrong here Phage. I think you're sharp as a tack but in this case you're just being argumentative. Why not let these good folks speculate for awhile?

edit to correct spelling...

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Anamnesis]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
edit to remove double post.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Anamnesis]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Great article. My observation is that I can determine if someone and occasionally something is making eye contact with me at a distance far beyond the usual distance for recognition. I can recognize people I know from fifty yards or so. I can sense that someone is looking back at me, sometimes from beyond 300 yards.

If there is an exchange of energy other than reflected light is the visible range of about 550 nm + or - 300 nm it would explain the strong sense of being observed from a very long distance.

Great article

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Anamnesis

Pheromones do serve an evolutionary function. I asked what function these beams would have for the beamer. It seems it is only the beamee who could derive any benefit. If you "feel" someone or something looking at you, can you distinguish between a lion and a lover?

Speculate away. But don't don't throw reason out the window. Remember, this is the Science forum.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This is why I love ATS! Every once in a while, i find a thread that seems like it is specifically talking to me.

A couple school terms ago, I was giving a presentation to the class. I started off strong, but then all of sudden, I noticed this girl giving me the most hateful and disturbing look I have ever seen. It totally threw me off, and I actually stopped speaking right when I made eye contact with her. Just through that one second of eye contact,I knew this person was either going through some major stuff or in general just not a very good person. The vibes she sent me were very non positive. Probably because the population where I am is like 95% white, and I am mixed race. That was my first term here in this highly white place, and truthfully, the vibe I got from this girl was, "who the hell is this mutt kid?"
It threw off my entire presentation and affected me all that day.

Well guess what, I happened to have this girl in my class YESTERDAY! She was doing it again! All freaking class, I felt her eyes on me, and it was not positive energy. Yeah. So I totally believe in eye energy and projecting your feeling through your eyes.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I dunno if anybody posted this already but:

M MIKURU BEAMU!!

sorry im a little bit of a nerd

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Ask her on a date for kicks and giggles.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
when I look at dark areas or close my eyes, I've always been able to see this red static. I'm not saying I'm Cyclops or anything, but I know I'm seeing something. maybe this is it?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Where do you find this stuff? What a great thread, thanks for sharing that. I am going to get to work focusing on my ocular extramission and see what I can come up with.

Dont !! Chicks think it's icky..

well the ones you really want, do anyway..

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I am very glad to see this. I was starting to think I was the only one but thanks to this guy I now know it is everyone. That is pretty far out that we are all connected to Earth through magnetic field. Years ago I was like its all about the magnets and magnetic fields, now I know why. hazaah

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Its not the act of people staring at me that bothers me, its the feeling you get when you can feel someone is looking at you then turn to find they are, its the actual feeling its wierd which begs the question "what is it that gives you that feeling of someone's eyes boring into you to me thats what this post is about not wether it bothers people that their being stared at.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join