It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War Vet: "We Were Told to Just Shoot People, and the Officers Would Take Care of Us"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

So now everyone who is against our militaristic and imperialistic foreign policy is a "dreamer"?????????????
Oh brother! Save me that line of verbal diarrhea. Protecting the nation of the United States of America from enemies foreign and domestic is A HELL OF A LOT different than having 700 bases in 100+ countries. And that's the ENTIRE POINT...........it's the "soldiers" that carry out the orders the politicians give them. If what the soldiers do is simply a "job" to them and they do it without question and without a sense of right and wrong that's a problem.

Let me ask you something......if terrorism is such a huge threat our government makes it out to be tell me why aren't terrorists flooding into our country in droves blowing up our public transportation, shooting up our schoosl and malls? Poisoning our water supply and 101 plus other ways of wreaking havoc on the American populace. After all as free as US society still is any one individual could go buy a van full of automatic weapons and go shoot up a school. I mean if I was an evil big bad muslim terrorist I sure as hell can't think of a better way to wreak terror on the American psyche than to blow up and shoot up schools full of children. Yet in 10 years NOTHING like that has happened? I guess next you're going to tell me that the US government who cannot manage to stop mexican drug cartels from running drugs through our borders on a massive scale yet they manage can stop all the evil terrorists all over the country from terrorizing US citizens? Haha! Yeah right

Logic says otherwise. and logic says the entire terrorism threat is extremely and irrationally overstated by the US government in order to wage senseless wars and control the public and the rest of the world.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

There were weapons on all but two, the two with cameras. It wasn't about if they were pointing weapons at the chopper, the chopper was about 1 mile away as can be told by the time lapsed between when you here the apache fire and 2 seconds later when the rounds actually hit. The final picture taken by the guy who was poking his head around the corner was a humvee. US troops were engaged in combat 100 yards away, the chopper was watching thier backs. You say you know but it's obvious you don't. But I'm sure you will continue to ignore facts and continue to spout opinion.
Through with you.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

There you go, thats it in a nutshell.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OverSword

And I'll continue to spout opinion. You're the one ignoring facts. 100yards away? That's a football field. Hell, I think I'd be able to recognize fighting 100 yards away if I was an insurgent. If I was American, I think I'd be able to recognize that the insurgents weren't really preparing to engage or anything of the sort.

You're the one ignoring facts. A football field away, I would recognize children sharing a seat, I would recognize cameras, etc.

A world away I recognize that laughing as people are driving over bodies is ridiculous. This is the problem with the SYSTEM. Why don't you have anything to say about the article this thread is about?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

"He is doing something. He is voicing his opinion. Ideas are what lead to things being done."

"To say he is weak because he doesn't support an unjust war is well...sad. He is weak because he is typing his opinion. What are you doing? Now I'm sure you're going to say I am in the military and defend the country. Good for you. But don't say that killing civilians is part of the JOB."

I've yet to see an Idea or solution yet , I see complaining. You are entitled to support whatever you want. Do I agree with the war?... NO! Will I support the troops there , that are simply doing their jobs? YES! No one said that killing civilians is part of the job, and if you read my posts you'd see that I said it's unfortunate. But to sit there and criticize the actions taken by others when you weren't in their shoes and don't know the circumstances is weak. Complaining about situations without offering solutions is weak.

I'm not a fan of inaction , like I said If you are THAT committed to your cause then go do something about it. Don't Just B**** about it.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
There is a report from soldiers that they carried throw weapons in case they shot innocents, they would toss a weapon down by them to make it appear they were an insurgent.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Pretty sure it is mentioned in OP.

Obviously they are not "simply" doing their jobs. They are going above and beyond to carry out the orders of the government. For example, If I work at Subway and my boss says, "Spit in this guys sub because I don't like him/ he did something to me in the past," am I going to do it? No. I think you shouldve probably learned that whatever your parents or your bosses tell you isn't always right. Dropping weapons on civilians to cover you and your boss' back isn't right and shouldn't be their job.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I agree with EyesWideShut. Killing civilians isn't part of the job. There are idiots everywhere.

If this really does get you fired up and you want a better human existence, then commit yourself to it. I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar you voice your opinion on ATS and that's that. Actions speak much louder than words.

Stop paying taxes is a good start to your new and improved human existence because guess what pays for the war? Taxes and you, sir, are probably a tax payer. So quit putting the blame on the soldiers. You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk? Stop paying taxes then. Let's see how big your family jewels are once your in jail and you can't provide for your family.

The blood shed is on all of our hands. Stop putting the blame on the soldiers.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by doped00]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd

Our young people are paid prostitutes for the 'war-pigs' .

Respect for that statement, I think you summed up the situation perfectly, I applied to join the Army in England last year, it came to the day of the first interview and realised this is not the future I deserve, or anyone for that matter. Iraq and Afghanistan are a ridiculous occurrence, I will NEVER join this madness, the idea of fighting for your country seems like such a patriotic and respectful act, and don't get me wrong. I respect anyone who serves their country. But this needs to STOP.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

Protecting the nation of the United States of America from enemies foreign and domestic is A HELL OF A LOT different than having 700 bases in 100+ countries. And that's the ENTIRE POINT...........it's the "soldiers" that carry out the orders the politicians give them. If what the soldiers do is simply a "job" to them and they do it without question and without a sense of right and wrong that's a problem.

Let me ask you something......if terrorism is such a huge threat our government makes it out to be tell me why aren't terrorists flooding into our country in droves blowing up our public transportation, shooting up our schoosl and malls? Poisoning our water supply and 101 plus other ways of wreaking havoc on the American populace. After all as free as US society still is any one individual could go buy a van full of automatic weapons and go shoot up a school. I mean if I was an evil big bad muslim terrorist I sure as hell can't think of a better way to wreak terror on the American psyche than to blow up and shoot up schools full of children. Yet in 10 years NOTHING like that has happened? I guess next you're going to tell me that the US government who cannot manage to stop mexican drug cartels from running drugs through our borders on a massive scale yet they manage can stop all the evil terrorists all over the country from terrorizing US citizens? Haha! Yeah right

Logic says otherwise. and logic says the entire terrorism threat is extremely and irrationally overstated by the US government in order to wage senseless wars and control the public and the rest of the world.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

Your ignorance of this subject astounds me.

Well back when I signed up in 1999 we were not engaged in wars and there is no , "I just want to serve the way I want to" clause in the contract. What people in the military do is follow orders. Just like your job. If you have to go type up a report do you tell your boss " I think I'll sit this one out"?

As far as "Bases" , we have a little over 100 Bases in about 70 different countries. Many of them are joint bases with the host nations.

The reason why terrorists don't come here in "Droves" is because as flawed as our borders are , we do a decent job at keeping them out. And no, one person can't go buy van loads of "Automatic" weapons. although you can own them if you have a Class III (But they're expen$ive) The reason drugs come into the country is that they are profitable (Follow the money) CIA drug trafficing CIA Drugs

As far as the Terrorist Threat , don't think for a second that there aren't people out there that would love to do you harm , but I don't believe the threat is as large as is being said. Governments spread fear and propaganda... that's what they do , It's about power and control.

If you don't believe terrorism is real , go ask the families of those american citizens killed in mumbai if it is.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by doped00
I agree with EyesWideShut. Killing civilians isn't part of the job.

Yeah but... when your friends get blown up by one, you lose this ideology.

You're not Iraq Police Officer. You're a middle class white guy with a 30mm canon whose friends got blown up by the people you see all day every day. You don't read much books, you don't have much friends outside military, and it's just you, your buddies, your buddy-killers and your 30mm cannon...

I'm just trying to make a clearer picture of how things are. You people thinking how military can be so easily regulated are forgetting the fact that these grunts are not peaceful and loving Buddhist monks one with god.

But still, you know, EVERYTHING is possible, even making a perfect army and perfect marines backed by perfect air force, something Hitler dreamed every night. You would still however have to chose between training soldiers to love and tolerate, or just give them night vision goggles.

I'm not supporting war whatsoever, but it is perfectly natural that Iraq war evolves in what you're seeing now after so many years. Also, civilians are not "liberated" in Iraq, they're an annoyance, and a easily removable obstacle should they get in a way.

There's absolutely no such thing as a clean war, because it's only natural it gets more and more filthy.

Edit: I can imagine the next-gen year 2101. air force - "Our one hundred megaton thermonuclear smart-bomb knows it should not kill civilians, only military targets of tactical importance."

[edit on 8/4/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
[edit on 8-4-2010 by EyesWideShut]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Join the army be all that you can be indeed

shame on those 'well taught' troops* sounds like the military is training them to be manslaughterers than helpful freedom fighting troops

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Can you please provide proof that the link he provided is both "facist" and "right wing" as you stated?

It just seems to me that these days people are desperate for anything anti american they can use to bash the US.

People keep saying they were "innocent" civilians.

But IMO an "innocent civilian" is NOT someone who walks the streets toting AK 47's and RPG's.

If me and my friends walked down a street in my city, armed like they were, we would surely be shot or blown up, and for good reason.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Amazing how people will do and say anything to justify such acts.. Armed or not, do these people not have the same human rights to protect themselves in their OWN country as we do in America? If they were in our country flying apaches around and cruising their Humvees around the streets, would we not want RPG's and other guns to protect ourselves, our families, our country and our way of life?

It saddens me how it is dumbed down SO much to make them seem less than human and to somehow find a way to make what has been done seem "right". The fact is, the damage is done, people sadly lost their lives and they were lied to for it ... and for what? ... Something has to change

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Im with you brother

What I find so disturbing is a growing trend of bashing the US on this site.

Do people forget that this site is run/created/maintained/frequented mostly in part by citizens of the US?

On top of that, I cant stand seeing people get all bent out of shape, bashing this country as a whole, saying offensive things about our soldiers, mocking our politicians, and generally just being negative about everything. Dont get me wrong, this in itself isnt new, nor is it what I have a problem with. WE are a FREE country so people can express themselves, no matter how naive about the world they may be...

What irks me the most, is how when trying to have a CIVIL debate on topics like this, it very quickly turns UNCIVIL, mostly by the anti-war, anti-american posters. Its hard to have a thought provoking debate when ones attitude is "well, Im RIGHT, you're wrong, and by the way, YOUR RETARDED, I dont care what you say, or if you've seen it first hand! My mind is made up!!"

Ive seen this more and more. and its just really unnecessary, and counter productive.

:
:

[edit on 8-4-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

What I find so disturbing is a growing trend of bashing the US on this site.

Do people forget that this site is run/created/maintained/frequented mostly in part by citizens of the US?

Look, it's something you will learn to deal with.

It's not "increasing" at all. It's always been like that for years.

And 99% of "US Bashing" Comes from US Citizens btw.

I tend to ignore most of it, especially when it is very ignorant.

I wrote at thread like in 2005 on here because I felt a strong sentiment of pure blind hate and anti-americanism.

It's their right to an opinion though.

And those of us who believe in Freedom of Speech must defend it.

Even if we can't stand it. Especially when we can't stand it.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
[edit on 8/4/10 by NibiruWarrior]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OverSword

Nobody said there were not weapons. They are plain to see. Look at how casually they are carrying them; do they look like they are there to shoot down the chopper? Do we know whether they were there protecting the journalists? Or perhaps they are armed to protect themselves from the suicide bombers and others who kill randomly?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
I think those who lobby for war should be forced to fight along with their families, put straight into the most violent places to learn a lesson or (preferably) die off so peace-loving people will inherit the Earth.

Well that surely won't happen in the democratic hypocrisy that we have around here.

At least in the feudal times, when an army was going to war, the prince and his nobility were joining the men at arms, and sometimes even taking the frontline! Nobody was to follow a king or lord that was coward enough to not actually fight the wars he/she started.

How can the generals make believe they "assume" responsabilities for the crimes they order (just like Hitler did, btw) without joining the process is waaaayyyyy beyond me. Some people in the army should stop eating junk food at these crappy corporate cantinas, drinking flouride-induced water, and start make their brains working again!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join