It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossil On Mars (Backbone?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Fossil On Mars?;
origin.mars5.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Care to elaborate? What part of the image are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Care to elaborate? What part of the image are you talking about?

Ditto....i dont see anything that resembles a backbone.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I think it's called the "Big Fin Fish Statue" on this site. Pretty dodgy name, and the rest of the photos aren't too impressive, but this particular one caught my eye;

mywebpages.comcast.net...

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Erm...no matter how much imagination I use it still looks like an uninteresting generic rock. What makes it special?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
my favorite pics are the ones that clearly show where large lakes once existed. the one titled niagra falls, mars is neat. there is one called ship slip with dock or something similar to that. look on the top rim of what looks to have been a lake. definitely something metallic, looks like a car. to the far right of the pic are some really strange lines, almost looks like a boat launch.

edit: pics from the same link above

[edit on 8-6-2004 by metalmessiah]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I saw something on the small mount it did look like a spine but not ribs imprinted so I don't thing is very good comparison to a human vertebra.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
and who sayed it is....human?...lol

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
kangaxx

ok you got me, I should had said a vertebra!!!!!!!!!!!!ok

This pictures are kind of misleading wishful thinking for my part right

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
That is not in any shape,form,or fashion a Backbone

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Rocks, sand, dust....that's all I see. I guess you can see just about anything you wanna see if you look hard enough though.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
"I see dead....................................rocks..."

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
ok ixataar you know what i and every other ATSer see!? A FEW ROCKS!? want some proof of a flying pig with red and green horns? come to my back yard and i'll show you a fossel

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It kinda looks like a spine to something although i'm pretty sure it's not a human's.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
please....to all the ones that dont see nothing there....can't you use a more inteligent argument?IMAO!or use a magnifing lens...

sure it looks like a fish spine. but i remeber some earth fossils of plants and fetus that are similar, it could be a fetus fossil,they are very similar.

the "mushrooms" are quite interesting... i wonder how much time will take until they start to show us the "reptilian" entrance to the citys too, that "mushrooms" are...just something more that what they look like!
cool!

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I've spent countless hours studying the recent Mars rover photographs, collecting and categorizing all sorts of similar biological taxa.

Occasionally, if you play with the provided images a bit, especially by adjusting the gamma, as well as the negative contrast, you can pull details out of these photographs that were perhaps not intended, but nevertheless are quite revealing.

This photograph is particularly unusual, because I first noticed the curious burrow in the middle of the split rock, and well as what appeared to be chewing marks around the burrow opening. This caused me to look much deeper into this photograph than I normally would have. Then quite by accident, I noticed a strange apparition on top of this split rock, barely visible in the original photograph, and which is posted at the top of this thread.

Here are the results of my hard work with this photograph:[Link][/u rl]

I believe that the object on top of this split rock is a living organism, with the curious bilateral symmetry one might expect, including the eyes, snout, whiskers, and some kind of tooth like structure protruding from the underside of the apparent mouth. I believe that this tooth may have caused the chewing marks, which are not only visible around the borrow, but in other sections of this photograph. [url=http://dinomantis.com/Crustaceans_of_Mars/2P131954927ESF1300P2532L6M1_non_enhanced_highlighted.jpg][Link]

If there are any serious fossil collectors on this blog, who would like to collaborate with me, on a simple mission to find duplicate and/or paired taxa, I need all the help I can get, and will gladly share the rewards of my project. I strongly feel that it will be the duplicate anatomical pairs that break the true-life story on Mars wide open. The math says life, and no amount of side stepping by NASA/JPL will change this. My collection of paired anatomy from both sides of Mars is large and growing. Statistically, the associated pairs cannot be caused by simply geology, as there are just too many paired and related items. In other words, I keep finding the same animal parts over and over. Hello!

There are not only fossils on Mars, but I have collected many photographs of apparent living organisms. For example, here another one I have dubbed the "Martian Morning Glory," which I doubt many of you have seen in color:

Note the curious quadrilateral symmetry.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ixataar
I think it's called the "Big Fin Fish Statue" on this site. Pretty dodgy name, and the rest of the photos aren't too impressive, but this particular one caught my eye;

Ixataar

I went to the site and don't know about the picture. I do have a question though for you or anybody, Did spirit and opportunity land anywhere near the face on Mars. Like NASA would tell us anyway. I know an orbital satellite has taken a newer picture that looks worse than the original from'76. I just know if I was working for NASA and was curious about Mars and was sending a pair of hundred million dollar stellites to mars, I certainly would want to get a grouds eye view of the "face" area.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Sorry about that, the second link was supposed to be to another photograph, showing the additional chewing marks in this vicinity. But what the heck, let's just blow the scene up on here.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
for me it's quite obvious that they can't go where they want with the rovers..or they will take the risc that the rover enter in some one's "garden", and it will be kicked....and PUF!!! mision ended..lol

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Kang,

Spirit approaches the "Ultreyan Abyss," which is become the subject of much discussion on the [Mars Rover Blog]

Some say it's an extinct volcano, some say a cave system, while others quip that it could even be the burrow of a large dormant creature.

Theories also abound as to the possibility of a much slower metabolic rate on Mars. There are some interesting mythlological based theories, but the cave system theory is so far the best.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join