It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel launches ground incursion into Gaza Strip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Israel launches ground incursion into Gaza Strip

Israel has launched a ground incursion into the Gaza Strip with its troops entering the south of the long-blockaded coastal sliver.

Israeli tanks and bulldozers advanced about 500 meters into the east of the southern city of Khan Yunis on Wednesday, the Press TV correspondent in Gaza reported.

Late in March, Israeli forces crossed into the southern Qarara region and then invaded Dair al-Balah in central Gaza.

Read the full article here

Well I wonder what will come of this? Hopefully nothing much, but there is so much movement going on as of late (although I know there always has been) and I wonder what is to come...

There have been many threads regarding Israel and war, but really they are just playing with fire. The thing is - fire is returned with fire.

Comments?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Certainly seems like some people like playing with fire.. I really hope no one gets burned in the process... tho with twitchy trigger fingers some thing unpleasant will happen in the area at some point soon..

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Certainly seems like some people like playing with fire.. I really hope no one gets burned in the process... tho with twitchy trigger fingers some thing unpleasant will happen in the area at some point soon..

It seems things have already been happening... these stories have been coming out a lot lately. Who knows what is really going on? I mean look at the story about the ship just getting hit by a missile (forgive me for lacking the details I forget them) or whatever it ended up being told it was... things are going on, things are being covered up. It's only a matter of time until more war breaks out, and I dread these times.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Not a peep about this on mainstream news.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

It is interesting that this comes at a time when Islamic Jihad, a group seperate from Hamas in the Gaza Strip, have seemingly agreed to halt rocket fire.

A spokesman for Islamic Jihad in Gaza has said that the militant group has agreed to stop firing rockets against Israel amid fears of a brewing conflict in the enclave.

In an interview with Islamic Jihad radio, Daoud Shihab said the group "stopped the rocket fire into Israel for internal Palestinian purposes – first and foremost to help end the siege on the Gaza Strip." Mr Shihab is a senior figure within Islamic Jihad. But suggesting a possible division within the group, Islamic Jihad's offer of a ceasefire was later denied by Nafez Azzam, one of the group's leaders, on its website.

www.independent.co.uk...

There would be nothing worse for the Israeli government if attacks from Gaza stopped. How could they continue to justify themselves if it did?

We all know rocket attacks had virtually ceased in the 6 month truce called between Hamas and Israel prior to operation 'Cast Lead'. It was Israel who broke the Cease Fire with an attack on a Hamas meeting.

n June 2008, Hamas and Israel agreed to an Egyptian-brokered six-month ceasefire agreement. Throughout the ceasefire, Israel continued to impose a harsh blockade on Gaza and carry out raids in the West Bank, despite a significant decline in Palestinian rocket and mortar fire into southern Israel during this same period.

Between July and October 2008, a total of 11 rockets and mortar shells were reportedly fired into Israel compared to 87 in the month of June alone and 257 in the month of February, the highest recorded total in one month for all of 2008.15

On 4 November 2008, the Israeli army broke the lull in violence by launching an incursion into Gaza, killing six members of Hamas. Hamas considered this attack to be a major breach of the ceasefire agreement and increased its rocket attacks on southern Israel.16 On 19 December, following several weeks of tit-for-tat cross-border attacks, the six month ceasefire formally expired. Hamas declared it would not renew the ceasefire agreement because of Israel’s refusal to lift the crippling blockade and halt its military attacks in Gaza.

www.dci-pal.org...

Israel will do anything to continue the conflict, becasue conflict places them in a position of strength.

In their eyes a peace deal would limit their power of deterrance in the region.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Does anyone have any ideas why Israel is going in there with bulldozers?

Just knock down a few houses and schools and leave again? Who are they targetting here?

Read some good news. After 3 years Israel has now let clothes into Gaza!

Small comfort for traders as Gaza blockade loosened

Because we all know how those nasty terrorists can use clothes as weapons!

Seriously, there is NO JUSTIFICATION for not allowing textiles into Gaza apart from collective punishment of innocent civilians!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nammu

Just knock down a few houses and schools and leave again? Who are they targetting here?

Israel are likely sending bulldozers into Gaza to help destroy tunnels and to perhaps destroy buildings that are being used as ammunition stores or as rocket making "factories"...

Peruvian Monk summed up why Israel continues its blockade and attacks on Gaza perfectly...

"There would be nothing worse for the Israeli government if attacks from Gaza stopped. How could they continue to justify themselves if it did?"

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Read some good news. After 3 years Israel has now let clothes into Gaza!

Small comfort for traders as Gaza blockade loosened

Because we all know how those nasty terrorists can use clothes as weapons!

Seriously, there is NO JUSTIFICATION for not allowing textiles into Gaza apart from collective punishment of innocent civilians!

I was wondering about the bulldozers myself... what do you think they are for, seriously? And I agree with you, not allowing textiles into Gaza is ridiculous.

edit: above post clearly depicts what is more than likely going on with the bulldozers

[edit on 8/4/2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

Peruvian Monk summed up why Israel continues its blockade and attacks on Gaza perfectly...

"There would be nothing worse for the Israeli government if attacks from Gaza stopped. How could they continue to justify themselves if it did?"

So true. The continuing attacks justify the wall, the taking of land, the building of illegal settlements, and the imprisonment of innocent people.

Found another news report. Not much info though:

Israel enters southern Gaza, raids Al-Qurara area

Israeli forces entered 300 meters into Gaza's Al-Qurara area north of Khan Younis on Thursday morning, witnesses said, destroying civilian and agricultural lands in the zone.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

So true. The continuing attacks justify the wall, the taking of land, the building of illegal settlements, and the imprisonment of innocent people.

Found another news report. Not much info though:

Israel enters southern Gaza, raids Al-Qurara area

Israeli forces entered 300 meters into Gaza's Al-Qurara area north of Khan Younis on Thursday morning, witnesses said, destroying civilian and agricultural lands in the zone.

That's part of the problem...The lack of information when these "incursions" into Gaza happen...International media find it difficult to get in and out of Gaza, so we have to rely on the Israeli press, which is unbiased *smirk* or second hand reports from Gaza via different Arab media sources...

Destroying agricultural lands may involve destroying tunnels underneath said lands, but I wouldn't put it past the good 'ol IDF to destroy land used for growing food...

new topics

top topics

join