It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States Takes the Matter of Three-headed Babies Very Seriously

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I already said that DU was above background radiation levels. So why are you quibbling?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

whqlibdoc.who.int...

Try telling the WHO it doesn't get in water. I'm sure they'll listen to you.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

You know I didn't state that. We also know you posted an article which said:

Depleted uranium used by Nato1 might have contaminated water supplies in Kosovo, says a United Nations report that calls for a thorough clean-up and an investigation in Bosnia-Herzegovina.

A study by a UN Environment Programme (UNEP) team said that levels of contamination at the 11 sites it surveyed in Kosovo were low, but recommended decontamination of all 112 areas targeted with depleted uranium by Nato.

So your point beyond repeating rumor is what?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Do you really think the WHO would spend millions of dollars chasing rumors and then publish reports stating it happened? Come off it.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Come off of it. prove that anything you have said is anything but a rumor.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

news.sky.com... /201003415590225?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15590225_Birth_Deformities_In_Falluja

We won't know about Fulljah (though i doubt the WHO is going to bite the western hands that feed them) until WHO finishes their report on that area BUT, they have already released reports concerning Kosovo and Iraq I in which they instructed areas on how to contain the contamination. That report was linked. If you didn't have time to read it, it's not my problem.

Bur really, this whole debate is just pointless. First you were saying I was wrong for saying DU was radioactive. Then you say it can't pollute water. Now you are saying it never happened even though the WHO has at least two reports saying it happens. You can nitpick all day all day over if it's radiation or heavy metal but, either way these people are getting ill. Quit trying to defend the indefensible. You want that stuff dumped all over your backyard? Do you want to drink it? Eat it? Bathe in it?

en.wikipedia.org...

And as read in this, the metal is teratogenic. In other words, it causes birth defects. Which is probably why we are seeing these maladies associated with Gulf War I again in military communities once again.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by antonia]

[edit on 11-4-2010 by antonia]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
removed.

I can't be bothered to participate in this, it's too warped. Seems like debating semantics. You Say Potato, I Say Potatah. DU is very toxic from being a heavy metal, and slightly radiotoxic.

[edit on 12/4/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I never said any of this. You are wrong, wrong, wrong.

You run straw man arguments. Big deal. The OP is about birth defects. I say that DU is barely above background radiation and it is toxic. I also point out it and its oxides poorly dissolve in water.

Basically you spend your day misrepresenting what I stated. Therefore, I am led to strongly believe that you have misrepresented the rumors or even completely made up the rumors you have posted about conditions in Iraq.

When you say these people are getting ill I have to think that you are untruthful when you attempt to tie it into DU.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join