It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States Takes the Matter of Three-headed Babies Very Seriously

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

The United States Takes the Matter of Three-headed Babies Very Seriously

www.informationclearinghouse.info

The BBC correspondent also saw children in the city who were suffering from paralysis or brain damage, and a photograph of one baby who was born with three heads. He added that he heard many times that officials in Fallujah had warned women that they should not have children. One doctor in the city had compared data about birth defects from before 2003 — when she saw about one case every two months — with the situation now, when she saw cases every day. "I've seen footage of babies born with an eye in the middle of the forehead, the nose on the forehead," she said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Is it any surprise that with the amount of DU weaponry used indiscriminately in Iraq that birth defects are becoming more common? And is it any more of a surprise that the US military spokesman, Michael Kilpatrick, says that "no studies to date have indicated environmental issues resulting in specific health care issues".

I'm sure that's a true statement. The US won't have done any studies.

It's not quite a denial, either, strictly speaking.

But it is mealy-mouthed garbage.

Three-headed babies?

Let's hope there will be people coming to this thread to try and justify or deny this. I can't wait.

www.informationclearinghouse.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Here's another quote from the article I couldn't fit in to the original post:

In November 2004, the US military targeted a Fallujah hospital "because the American military believed that it was the source of rumors about heavy casualties."

You what? So the US is bombing rumourmongers? Watch out ATS, that's all I have to say. Any one of you could be attacked with heavy weaponry if that's all you have to do to incur the wrath of the US military.

But, really, there are no words to express my disgust.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

Well I 've heard the expression "two heads are better than one" and there may be some truth in that. The Hensel sisters think having two heads makes them a safer driver:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f0be1da2c55.jpg[/atsimg]

If you only have one head you can only look one way at a time before crossing a street. The Hensel sisters can look two ways at a time which is safer.

But if you think about it, when you cross a street while driving, it might help to actually look in 3 directions, to the left, to the right, and forward. So having three heads might be ideal for such visibility, (or else evolving some extra eyes on the same head).

So if two heads are better than one, are three heads better than two?

That said I don't think I'd like sharing the same body with one of my siblings, I kind of like having my own body, so having extra heads could be a disadvantage too.

I don't think the Hensel sisters were exposed to any DU so this condition can obviously occur without such exposure. I would have thought things like higher cancer incidence would be a more prevalent symptom of exposure to uranium, based on the training I was given to be able to handle radioactive materials in compliance with federal regulations.

I would just as soon see them fire larger lead pellets instead of DU pellets, then there wouldn't be the question about the safety of DU.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
What?

How is this possible?

I would expect the person or animal to be dead from obvious organic failures.

How is a two headed person able to survive a reasonable life?

How can that be true?

I agree that deformed babies are a bad sign, and military activity is suspect usually (along with industrial), but I expected them to die.

I expected a miscarriage.

How are they riding a bike?

Are their spinal chords fused? That's wild stuff.

Nice pic.

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Is it all just a game to you?

Edit to add - @arbitrageur

That qualifies as one of the most moronic, contemptible posts I've ever seen on ATS.

I think any reasonable person will be pretty disgusted by your response. Denying the effects of US weapons - DU being only part of the picture - and posting an image of a girl with two heads may seem hilarious to you, but it will only reinforce the image of Americans as seen by the rest of the world as being fit only to fight each other on Jerry Springer.

And if it is only a game to you, then you may well have bought this one already... Six Days In Fallujah

a.abcnews.com...

And with its usual casual attitude towards truth, ABC say this about the real battle...

In the actual battle of Fallujah in November 2004, more than four dozen Americans and more than 1,000 insurgents were killed as coalition forces captured the city.

How many US citizens believe that all those 1000 casualties were insurgents? How many non-US citizens believe that?

[edit on 7-4-2010 by rich23]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

The American terror is exposed daily, can't wait till the "what goes around comes around", statement becomes true..

Americans better do something now or seriously, a lot of pissed of people will be knocking on your door..

"Why do they hate us", makes me sick

I have been saying this since long time now, but it has finally come true in regards to America, I have always said that, once an empire is in a decline, the truth comes out..

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by rich23

The American terror is exposed daily, can't wait till the "what goes around comes around", statement becomes true..

Americans better do something now or seriously, a lot of pissed of people will be knocking on your door..

"Why do they hate us", makes me sick

I have been saying this since long time now, but it has finally come true in regards to America, I have always said that, once an empire is in a decline, the truth comes out..

LOL, 'what goes around comes around'? Empire in decline? Are you absolutely delusional?

Tell me, who is going to come to our doorstop and try to mess with us? Honestly?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Destiny Of Souls

You'll find out soon, when the dollar fails and the military is too busy putting Americans in concentration camps to oppress all the people they've been bombing and murdering for all these years, then it will be just like the old board game, "Fortress America". The only difference will be that the fortress will already be crumbling.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

The only ones around here who are delusional are the ones who cannot see that America is rapidly declining. The parallels to other historic empires are blatant.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destiny Of Souls

LOL, 'what goes around comes around'? Empire in decline? Are you absolutely delusional?

Tell me, who is going to come to our doorstop and try to mess with us? Honestly?

Yeah, seriously. It is not like the US has ever been attacked on its own soil...oh wait.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

We won't have to bother. you guys will destroy your "Empire" soon enough.
People will be so busy looking out the front door for the "Evil Foreigner".....
they won't notice there own neighbours coming in the back door.

Good luck with that.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
This issue is similar to pollution in China, official corporate statements go like this:

- Our hazardous waste is safely processed, independent studies were done by agents paid to disrupt China's economic prosperity.
- Our waste is not hazardous and in fact can be healthy, we adhere to the standards proposed by government laws.
- There are no studies indicating that [insert chemical here] causes cancer, deformities and sickness. Our waste is in no way whatsoever related with a hundred-fold increased rate of cancer and drastically lowered immunity of nearby residents.
- Nefarious photographers ruining our corporate reputation are eco-terrorists and should be brought to justice...
- etc.

Anyway, it should be fully expected that having children in Iraq is risky business...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
maybe this sobering report will concentrate the mind on what the OP is talking about

Warning disturbing images

The scars from the battle of falluja will remain for generations

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Iraq has changed significantly since the 2003 invasion. I can't help but think there are other contributing factors to the rise in birth defects. For example, if water infrastructure was destroyed during the battle, that is likely to force people to drink contaminated water perhaps containing industrial waste, and various residues from weapons. Maybe we should improve sanitation and food supplies? Also, Depleted Uranium is not the only substance that can cause birth defects or is toxic (i.e. Lead which I think is used in ammunition?).

[edit on 8/4/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
Iraq has changed significantly since the 2003 invasion. I can't help but think there are other contributing factors to the rise in birth defects. Let's face it, Depleted Uranium is not the only substance that can cause birth defects.

I sincerely hope I am absorbing your post incorrectly, because what you wrote makes it sound as if Iraqis are undergoing some evolutionary mutation outside of the relevant boundaries simply because they live under an occupation of their sovereign territory.

Why this thread believes it offers something unheard of escapes me; US operations in Iraq circa desert storm involved the use of depleted uranium. This lead to thousands of radiation-inspired deaths and illnesses. Those who support military operations in which such ammunition is involved are actively contributing to the use of weapons of mass debilitation and albeit destruction. Disgusting CERTAINLY, but done before in the name of freedom and liberty for all

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
No, read my post again.

Also, my understanding is Uranium is very chemically toxic, but only marginally radiotoxic. It's a heavy metal, just like Lead, Mercury, Arsenic and from what I understand most of the effects of Uranium come from the chemical toxicity. Really bad stuff.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I have to admit mate that your reply was in poor taste, given the nature of the thread.

I could have made many jokes about some of the deformities and I'll admit, I even had a few funny mental images, but you don't make light of deformed children, it goes against all public decency.

As for the cause of these deformities, I'll admit DU does seem a good suspect. The deformities being seen here are akin to the types of things that were seen after Hiroshima or Chernobyl, both left highly irradiated.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
No, read my post again.

Also, my understanding is Uranium is very chemically toxic, but only marginally radiotoxic. It's a heavy metal, just like Lead, Mercury, Arsenic and from what I understand most of the effects of Uranium come from the chemical toxicity.

The use of DU in munitions is controversial because of questions about potential long-term health effects.[4] Normal functioning of the kidney, brain, liver, heart, and numerous other systems can be affected by uranium exposure, because in addition to being weakly radioactive, uranium is a toxic metal.[5] It is weakly radioactive and remains so because of its long half-life (4.468 billion years for uranium-238). The aerosol produced during impact and combustion of depleted uranium munitions can potentially contaminate wide areas around the impact sites or can be inhaled by civilians and military personnel.

Source - Wiki, sorry.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Yes. And when it is inhaled the alpha particles can damage the lungs eventually resulting in lung cancer. I just wanted to point out that it is both radiotoxic and very chemically toxic. Perhaps it's semantics, but to me there is an important difference.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join