It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS could tap refunds for health insurance penalties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

WASHINGTON, April 5 (Reuters) - The Internal Revenue Service could tap individual tax returns to collect fines against people who fail to buy health insurance as required under recently enacted healthcare legislation, the U.S. tax commissioner said on Monday.

Most individuals are required to get health insurance under the new law, or face penalties that would be phased in over time. By 2016, people without coverage could see fines of 2 percent of their income.

Reuters Source

And so it begins....

I don't want to hear anyone proclaiming what a "free" country we live in ever again.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

You do know its not just us complaining about Obamacare
Hitler doesn't like it either

Yeah I know its a spoof vid but this hits pretty darn close what we're all thinking

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Yeah, well, better get used to forking over more of your earned money, with states in so much debt and now the fed needs more to pay for all this socialized crap. Cap and trade up next. Cough it up America, it's your patriotic duty!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

can you say indentured servitude forever! nice post op. this last 6 months has put not only a bad taste in my mouth, but has me way worried about my friends, family, and loved ones! going to get interesting

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
With the debt already on the shoulders of my 2 year old son, things are only going to get worse.

Time to look for alternative, under the radar ways of living.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Its time to go Amish. Sell your home, cars, appliances, and withdraw retirement funds. Pay off all personal debt, buy land, build a home, buy supplies, and start farming your own sh!t. Cant beat the system? Then ditch the system.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

Sounds great. Until they come knocking for that property tax.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

Sounds great. Until they come knocking for that property tax.

Amish dont pay property taxes.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek

WASHINGTON, April 5 (Reuters) - The Internal Revenue Service could tap individual tax returns to collect fines against people who fail to buy health insurance as required under recently enacted healthcare legislation, the U.S. tax commissioner said on Monday.

There's a way around that. Set up your W-4 withholding so there is no refund. People do it to avoid child support, should work.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Mountainmeg]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp

Depends. If you're Amish living in an Amish owned county you don't. If you're Amish living in an English owned country you do.

A whole lot of us would need to pool an awful lot of cash together to buy our own town. Preferable one on fertile land.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp

Depends. If you're Amish living in an Amish owned county you don't. If you're Amish living in an English owned country you do.

A whole lot of us would need to pool an awful lot of cash together to buy our own town. Preferable one on fertile land.

It could happen. Its a McWorld.

top topics

join